[Q] How to root C6903 14.2.A.1.136?

Search This thread

adam20115

Apr 19, 2012
You have to downgrade to android 4.2.2, and then root it, the use [NUT]'s guide to upgrade to 14.2.A.1.136 :)

Reactions: Alucarde

Alucarde

May 29, 2012
Singapore
How to downgrade?

I don't get it. How do you downgrade it? Will it void the warranty? Also, aren't you suppose to root first, back up the TA partition, then unlock the bootloader?:confused:

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
I don't get it. How do you downgrade it? Will it void the warranty? Also, aren't you suppose to root first, back up the TA partition, then unlock the bootloader?:confused:

The .136 cannot be rooted directly but can be Rooted with the method by NUT for Locked Bootloader. On C6903 you can downgrade with Flashtool v0.9.13 directly to .534 with FW provided by NUT to not lose IMEI, then Root with Bin4ry, then Update to .290 with the instructions given HERE, when you have .290 rooted you are ready to update to .136 with the same method HERE.

Watch the Video Tutorial How To in the first Link for .290. It will explain all.

After you get .136 Rooted you can Backup TA First and then Unlock Bootloader. Get Root on your Phone will not void your Warranty, Unlock Bootloader Yes, but if you Backup TA you can Relock your Bootloader without losing Warranty.

@chunlianghere, Again?

Last edited:

chunlianghere

Oct 22, 2011
The .136 cannot be rooted directly but can be Rooted with the method by NUT for Locked Bootloader. On C6903 you can downgrade with Flashtool v0.9.13 directly to .534 with FW provided by NUT to not lose IMEI, then Root with Bin4ry, then Update to .290 with the instructions given HERE, when you have .290 rooted you are ready to update to .136 with the same method HERE.

Watch the Video Tutorial How To in the first Link for .290. It will explain all.

After you get .136 Rooted you can Backup TA First and then Unlock Bootloader. Get Root on your Phone will not void your Warranty, Unlock Bootloader Yes, but if you Backup TA you can Relock your Bootloader without losing Warranty.

@chunlianghere, Again?
@eclyptos yes my friend?

anakdayak

Jan 8, 2013

@chunlianghere, Again?

What I'm doing is downgrade to 534 and root with Bin4ry and then upgrade to directly to136 without any issue all working fine using nut rom.Been using for a weeks now.Everything works fine.Hope this help for someone willing to upgrade to 136 after downgrade to 534.

Alucarde

May 29, 2012
Singapore
Clarification?

What I'm doing is downgrade to 534 and root with Bin4ry and then upgrade to directly to136 without any issue all working fine using nut rom.Been using for a weeks now.Everything works fine.Hope this help for someone willing to upgrade to 136 after downgrade to 534.

1. Did you downgrade with the unofficial Flashtool? Also, did you use the NUTS FTF or the official FTF?

2. Root with Bin4ry? Is that a software?

3. How did you upgrade directly to .136? Via Sony Companion? FOTA? And is root access kept?

anakdayak

Jan 8, 2013
1. Did you downgrade with the unofficial Flashtool? Also, did you use the NUTS FTF or the official FTF?

3. How did you upgrade directly to .136? Via Sony Companion? FOTA? And is root access kept?

Go to NUT tread everything is there but u can skip from 534 to 290 and directly to 136 with full root.That's what I'm doing with full wipe.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth

Again you give wrong advice, this is what I meant.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:12 PM ----------

Read before post, all threads explain and you asking always the same question. You want root, then there is no official way for it.

BTW, you can use all FTF which you like, I recommended the FTF by NUT because with that you will preserve your IMEI.

Yes.

To preserve Root you cannot use PC Companion, FOTA or anything like that, just Flashtool v.0.9.13 and update to .136. You can skip the Update to .290 and go directly to .136, both of them using the same method so go for .136.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

You can do this also in this way.

Alucarde

May 29, 2012
Singapore
Thanks to all who chipped in to help. I currently owned the Z1 for about 4 days. While I previously owned an Android phone, I am totally new to the Sony smartphones as well as their file systems.

Part of the reason why I chose to buy to this phone is the apparent ease of root. However, it seems that that is not the case. 4.3 apparently is not rootable with 1-click. Compounded by the fact is that there is some sort of unique identifier in this TA partition (whatever that is).

Please treat me as a noob and answer my queries with as much info as possible.

Believe me when I said I have done my fair share of reading and trying to understand what is the entire process all about, I am still not really making any sense of most of it. There is only so much Google can do for you before you start seeking personalised advice.

Now, from what I gathered in this thread, I apparently need to:

1. Downgrade to 4.2.2 (.534) firmware, using a FTF posted by someone called Nuts. I need to do this 'cos I don't want to lose my IMEI, which is some sort of bug.

2. I then need to root it with a software called "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry". Apparently, Bin4ry is a person and not a software.

3. Then in order to upgrade to 4.3 (.136), I need to flash a special FTF/ZIP by made by Nuts again, using the unofficial Flashtool.

Am I right so far?

If I flash that special FTF/ZIP, does it deviate my Z1 from stock ROM? Can I still get FOTA updates?

Can I do all this without unlocking the bootloader?

anakdayak

Jan 8, 2013
Thanks to all who chipped in to help. I currently owned the Z1 for about 4 days. While I previously owned an Android phone, I am totally new to the Sony smartphones as well as their file systems.

Part of the reason why I chose to buy to this phone is the apparent ease of root. However, it seems that that is not the case. 4.3 apparently is not rootable with 1-click. Compounded by the fact is that there is some sort of unique identifier in this TA partition (whatever that is).

Please treat me as a noob and answer my queries with as much info as possible.

Believe me when I said I have done my fair share of reading and trying to understand what is the entire process all about, I am still not really making any sense of most of it. There is only so much Google can do for you before you start seeking personalised advice.

Now, from what I gathered in this thread, I apparently need to:

1. Downgrade to 4.2.2 (.534) firmware, using a FTF posted by someone called Nuts. I need to do this 'cos I don't want to lose my IMEI, which is some sort of bug.

2. I then need to root it with a software called "Root_with_Restore_by_Bin4ry". Apparently, Bin4ry is a person and not a software.

3. Then in order to upgrade to 4.3 (.136), I need to flash a special FTF/ZIP by made by Nuts again, using the unofficial Flashtool.

Am I right so far?

If I flash that special FTF/ZIP, does it deviate my Z1 from stock ROM? Can I still get FOTA updates?

Can I do all this without unlocking the bootloader?

After root u need to install the z1 dual recovery.U can still get the FOTA update.Yes u can this without unlocking the BL.

mikailmohammed

Aug 22, 2012
Backup TA and unlock BL and flash Doomkernel.. :)

Sent from my SGP311 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Hey i am new to xperia flashing as well here.

I have stock .136 fw i got from pc suite update. I want to have root access to be able to install custom kernel and xposed mods.

Will unlocking my bootloader (dont care for it) now and flashing doom kernel give me direct access to root without all this downgrading and stuff?
I am on Win 8.1 Will this cause any issue and can i have a link for the unofficial flashtool? i downloaded the latest of the main site.

I have C6902

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You have to downgrade to android 4.2.2, and then root it, the use [NUT]'s guide to upgrade to 14.2.A.1.136 :)
    Backup TA and unlock BL and flash Doomkernel.. :)

Sent from my SGP311 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

@chunlianghere, Again?

@chunlianghere, Again?