I need help with my Sprint HTC One. Real help.

Search This thread

3rick89

Jan 21, 2012
Moca
Hey guys. Well I have an HTC One from Sprint and I wanted to sim unlock it. I didn't know that with android 4.4 kitkat it is impossible (so I've heard on diferrent places) and can't get a prompt for the unlock code when I insert a diferrent sim card other than Sprint. Turns out I needed to root my HTC One to downgrade the android version. I rooted my phone and flashed a 4.2 version on my phone but now I don't have touchscreen functions. I got pissed because everywhere I look for help the instructions are not clear or there is no step-by-step assistance, only a bunch of people saying "go to this site and do this and then download this and blah blah", when I follow the links I just get outdated info with more links to outdated info. So right now I just want my HTC One unrooted but with an android 4.1 or 4.2 stock version but I can't find any accurate, info for dummies. Can anyone help me? I'm kinda desperate by now. If you need any software info about my phone, kernel, radios or things like that just let me know. I'm so tired of searching with no luck that I just want some help step by step like a newborn baby. Thanks in advance!! ;)

iethen

Mar 4, 2013
Maybe u should try to flash some ROMs like Viper, it will activate ur phone automatically. My sprint htc one is running Viper5.0, and i am using Chinese carrier SIM. The phone works quite well.

Aldo101t

Mar 9, 2012
Pittsburgh
HTC U11
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Hey guys. Well I have an HTC One from Sprint and I wanted to sim unlock it. I didn't know that with android 4.4 kitkat it is impossible (so I've heard on diferrent places) and can't get a prompt for the unlock code when I insert a diferrent sim card other than Sprint. Turns out I needed to root my HTC One to downgrade the android version. I rooted my phone and flashed a 4.2 version on my phone but now I don't have touchscreen functions. I got pissed because everywhere I look for help the instructions are not clear or there is no step-by-step assistance, only a bunch of people saying "go to this site and do this and then download this and blah blah", when I follow the links I just get outdated info with more links to outdated info. So right now I just want my HTC One unrooted but with an android 4.1 or 4.2 stock version but I can't find any accurate, info for dummies. Can anyone help me? I'm kinda desperate by now. If you need any software info about my phone, kernel, radios or things like that just let me know. I'm so tired of searching with no luck that I just want some help step by step like a newborn baby. Thanks in advance!! ;)

between 4.2 and 4.3 the touch firmware changred you need to have 4.3 or above to use touch and your recovery has to be the latest for the m7wls(sprint)example:TWRP 2.6.3.0 I would advise installing a 4.3 rom, if you want to downgrade your firmware to 4.1 you'll have to use an RUU OF THAST VERSION but you need to be s-off to do so.

3rick89

Jan 21, 2012
Moca
I forgot to mention that the ROM I flashed was ViperBoy's Sprint HTC One 1.29.651.10 stock Odexed. I have TWRP 2.6.3.0 flashed as well. I am S-On right know.

The reason why I want a ROM below version 4.3 is to be able to unlock my sim with the unlock code. With 4.4 I can't make that happen because there is no prompt for entering the unlock code.

Last edited:

iethen

Mar 4, 2013
I forgot to mention that the ROM I flashed was ViperBoy's Sprint HTC One 1.29.651.10 stock Odexed. I have TWRP 2.6.3.0 flashed as well. I am S-On right know.

The reason why I want a ROM below version 4.3 is to be able to unlock my sim with the unlock code. With 4.4 I can't make that happen because there is no prompt for entering the unlock code.
u need to S-OFF your phone first, then u can dowmgrade to android 4.3