Galaxy S4 Active Official 4.4.2 Update Root discussions

Search This thread

AndroidState

Mar 17, 2013
NY
vmqdzdzzjwyg.png

GALAXY S4 ACTIVE ROOT DISCUSSION THREAD

Hello,

In this thread we can discuss about root methods.

I contacted @rebel1699 that made the root on the AT&T S4 i337 if we can have the same thing.

He still didn't answer, When he will answer I will update.

We can also port a rooted ROM from theres by porting and modding mod keyguard.apk, android.policy.jar, framework2.jar, services.jar and secsettings.apk. Thanks for the information

@Arsaw that with E-Team ported Note 3 4.4.2 rom for the Note 2.

That's it till now.

HUGE Update: @Sunderwear Has gained root: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51995443
Happy Rooting!

-TransformixS4

Last edited:
Reactions: jkeuclid

Diablo2424

Mar 6, 2008
Subbing this thread for future updates. If anyone needs or wants any info from a device, my ATT S4A is running ML2 - Rooted, and my brother's is Stock running 4.4.2. So if we need any info from either device I can get whatever files a dev may need to help figure out rooting procedure. :D

Reactions: AndroidState

rebel1699

Feb 13, 2008
Oklahoma
Google Pixel 3a XL
Google Pixel 4 XL
If someone could point me to the full odin tar firmware, I can see what we can do. Be aware, I was able to do this on the i337 because Samsung neglected to blacklist the 4.3 kernel from being flashed, thereby allowing us to downgrade from 4.4.2 to a 4.3 system ( all but bootloader). If that is also the case here, it should be doable, providing we have a full odin 4.4.2 tar.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Last edited:

sagi232123

Nov 3, 2009
If someone could point me to the full odin tar firmware, I can see what we can do. Be aware, I was able to do this on the i337 because Samsung neglected to blacklist the 4.3 kernel from being flashed, thereby allowing us to downgrade from 4.4.2 to a 4.3 system ( all but bootloader). If that is also the case here, it should be doable, providing we have a full odin 4.4.2 tar.

Nice.. waiting for Odin package and of course waiting for root to be available :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 4.4.2 using xda app-developers app

Xanthos58

Mar 24, 2014
Subbed for further research

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

derf8966

Aug 28, 2011
I'm curious to if I'm lose my aws unlock. I'm using tmobile with my s4a and getting lte and all the aws bands on 4.2.2 just want to go to 4.4 but I'm scared that I'll lose my aws.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

vmqdzdzzjwyg.png

GALAXY S4 ACTIVE ROOT DISCUSSION THREAD

Hello,

In this thread we can discuss about root methods.

I contacted @rebel1699 that made the root on the AT&T S4 i337 if we can have the same thing.

He still didn't answer, When he will answer I will update.

We can also port a rooted ROM from theres by porting and modding mod keyguard.apk, android.policy.jar, framework2.jar, services.jar and secsettings.apk. Thanks for the information

@Arsaw that with E-Team ported Note 3 4.4.2 rom for the Note 2.

That's it till now.

HUGE Update: @Sunderwear Has gained root: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=51995443
    Happy Rooting!

-TransformixS4
    Subbing this thread for future updates. If anyone needs or wants any info from a device, my ATT S4A is running ML2 - Rooted, and my brother's is Stock running 4.4.2. So if we need any info from either device I can get whatever files a dev may need to help figure out rooting procedure. :D
    Subbed, hopefully we'll have that ODIN pkg soon ty @TransformixS4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
    Removed till more work is done.

Congrats on S4 Active 4.4.2 root!