[Q] Seeking general knowledge

Search This thread

prajatpadhi

Jun 3, 2013
Are the bluetooth,wifi, brightness problems in android devices are related to the ROM or the hardware?

danhatcher

Oct 31, 2013
Brighton, UK
They can be either. If you're running an OEM ROM then it's more likely to be hardware. If you're using custom ROMs, especially nightlies, it's more likely firmware although never rule out hardware.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: prajatpadhi

prajatpadhi

Jun 3, 2013
They can be either. If you're running an OEM ROM then it's more likely to be hardware. If you're using custom ROMs, especially nightlies, it's more likely firmware although never rule out hardware.

So if it is a rom problem can it be corrected by flashing stock roms by odin and what is the chance of me bricking the phone if i do so?

danhatcher

Oct 31, 2013
Brighton, UK
In theory, yes. Although I tend to stick to flashing through recovery. There's always a chance you will brick your phone but if the process is done correctly then the chance should be minimal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

...or user error. Especially when rooted, you can easily break stuff by simply freezing the wrong app in TB you think is unnecessary.
    Recovery, for example, ClockworkMod Recovery is a step in and is created through in the process of rooting.

Sent from my GT-I9300
    Lots of support for older devices such as S2 and especially S3. Not so much since then besides Note 3. Should see more as people's 24 month S3 contracts run out and turn to newer devices.

Sent from my GT-I9300