[XAP] Screen Capturer v3 - use Camera key to get screenshot

Search This thread

JerryJiang

Oct 12, 2008
Yesterday, I posted a test version in wpxap.com, and now this is the updated version.

= Step =
  1. Click "Start Capture Task" to start capturing (A timer will start, and during this period, application will listen to Camera button event)
  2. You may need to wait one or several seconds, a message box will show up to let you know you can start catpuring.
  3. Navigate to any application, and touch Camera button to capture the screen
  4. A message box will show if the capturing is success, you can capture 20 images a one time (yes, you can ask for more if you want)
  5. When the Capture Task ends, a Toast will show up to let you save the captured image, tap the Toast to return to application
  6. The thumbnail will list and the captured images will stored in Pictures Hub
  7. Tap the thumbnail will delete the temporary image file in the application folder

= Settings Help =
  • Prevent Capture Task auto run: Capture Task uses BackgroundAgent to run and wait for Camera button event, BackgroundAgent may auto run in some case, enable this option to stop auto capture.
  • The Capture Task duration: How long will the Capture Task run before it stop to accept Camera button event.

= Notice =
  • Game and movie is not supported in this version.
  • The Capture Task only save temporary file, you need go back to application to trigger saving file to Picutres Hub.

BIG thanks to Heathcliff74, I followed his guide here:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1299134

BIG thanks to fiinix, the DllImport project is a very great project, it help me a lot when I stucked:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1006331

If you like my work, please buy me a beer.

Attachments

• ScreenCapturer-20111023v3.xap
    222.9 KB · Views: 192,093
Last edited:

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Great improvement compared to V2 ! Thanks for that.

Now I know who you are: The creator of Chome Visual Editor.

Nice to see you here. Long time I used your tool for editing cpr´s on my OMNIA II.

Also (late) thanks for that app !

Best regards

contable

contable

Oct 25, 2009
A suggestion from my side:

Let the user decide whether he wants to save the captured image or delete it inside your app.

This means when the user has finished his capture session by pressing "no" go straight back to your app (remove the toast for saving the image). By long-pressing on a captured picture appears a menu:

view (if possible)
delete
save to picture hub
send via sms or email (if possible)

Regards

contable

ted973

Feb 5, 2008
Beijing
A suggestion from my side:

Let the user decide whether he wants to save the captured image or delete it inside your app.

This means when the user has finished his capture session by pressing "no" go straight back to your app (remove the toast for saving the image). By long-pressing on a captured picture appears a menu:

view (if possible)
delete
save to picture hub
send via sms or email (if possible)

Regards

contable

+1
and increase the pic quality

thx, m8!works pretty good on my HTC Mozart!:)

mmian

Mar 29, 2011
i have a samsung focus, and when i click start capture, i don't get any message or anything... :(

edit: nvm, restarted my phone and it works now...that was weird...

Last edited:

addicus

Mar 13, 2006
Inland Empire, California
Installed on my HD2 running official Mango. I installed using Tom's XAP installer v1.2. Also not working with my hardware button. It says the action is complete, but it doesn't show in the recent area of the application.

I still say the layout and design is great.

contable

Oct 25, 2009
Installed on my HD2 running official Mango. I installed using Tom's XAP installer v1.2. Also not working with my hardware button. It says the action is complete, but it doesn't show in the recent area of the application.

I still say the layout and design is great.

The HD2 camera button issue is allready known since fiinix has released the first version of the screen capture app...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yesterday, I posted a test version in wpxap.com, and now this is the updated version.

= Step =
    1. Click "Start Capture Task" to start capturing (A timer will start, and during this period, application will listen to Camera button event)
    2. You may need to wait one or several seconds, a message box will show up to let you know you can start catpuring.
    3. Navigate to any application, and touch Camera button to capture the screen
    4. A message box will show if the capturing is success, you can capture 20 images a one time (yes, you can ask for more if you want)
    5. When the Capture Task ends, a Toast will show up to let you save the captured image, tap the Toast to return to application
    6. The thumbnail will list and the captured images will stored in Pictures Hub
    7. Tap the thumbnail will delete the temporary image file in the application folder

= Settings Help =
    • Prevent Capture Task auto run: Capture Task uses BackgroundAgent to run and wait for Camera button event, BackgroundAgent may auto run in some case, enable this option to stop auto capture.
    • The Capture Task duration: How long will the Capture Task run before it stop to accept Camera button event.

= Notice =
    • Game and movie is not supported in this version.
    • The Capture Task only save temporary file, you need go back to application to trigger saving file to Picutres Hub.

BIG thanks to Heathcliff74, I followed his guide here:

BIG thanks to fiinix, the DllImport project is a very great project, it help me a lot when I stucked:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1006331

If you like my work, please buy me a beer.
    Could someone look into this question?

Just curious - I am new to WP7. Is there any reason why an app such as this cannot be certified by Microsoft and offered through the Marketplace?
    No one seems to be able to answer this, either in this forum or anywhere else.

Is there a technical reason why a screen capture app cannot be developed for a locked Windows 7x phone?

If not, is there any good reason why this has not been done?
    Why is this program not for sale on Marketplace?
    Because it uses interop to access the bitmap of the screen and Microsoft doesn't allow that for marketplace apps.

Great work JerryJiang!

I have been to say "not motivated" to release The Dllimport as "ATL" compiled to work on Mango (devices). Great anyways that you/creator succeeded to make it to work.

Ill be releasing a next version of The Dllimport today (Mango compatible); (that i have been holding for too long locally on my desktop in a folder.... -.- Bout 2 month done....)
    - What a shame...

Well, great helping me out.