touch problems, starts zooming instead of scrolling

Search This thread

colors

Jul 10, 2010
It doesn't matter if I have stockrom or custom (as we speak iHackers stockrom 1.1) the touch drives me crazy.. For an example when I surf on the Web and want to scroll down it works time to time then suddenly when I press my finger on screen it locks on that spot and start zooming page instead.

Exact same problem with the Facebook app.. Some setting? Would really like to disable it. If it's possible.

Reactions: Lexrg

301stSpartan

Apr 15, 2012
Chicago, IL
It doesn't matter if I have stockrom or custom (as we speak iHackers stockrom 1.1) the touch drives me crazy.. For an example when I surf on the Web and want to scroll down it works time to time then suddenly when I press my finger on screen it locks on that spot and start zooming page instead.

Exact same problem with the Facebook app.. Some setting? Would really like to disable it. If it's possible.

There's already a thread dedicated to the touch issues if you search a bit. In my opinion it's a hardware issue. I think it has something to do with a short somewhere between the case and screen.

Look here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=47791462

G

GuestX0057

There is no need for forum members to start a new thread about the same issue every day. You could have posted your question in any of these 4 threads that discuss the exact same issue.

here
here
here
or
here

And to answer your question, it isn't a setting and it isn't related to any specific apps. It's a widspread issue that affects a lot of Z1's and while there are many suspicions, there isn't any confirmation whether it's a hardware or software problem. A Sony rep called Rickard has posted about a fix that is coming in the next software update here but it remains to be seen if that fix actually works.

Right now the best advice we can give you is to take your Z1 to the place you purchased it from and ask them to get it repaired or replace it with a new one under warranty.

colors

Jul 10, 2010
There is no need for forum members to start a new thread about the same issue every day. You could have posted your question in any of these 4 threads that discuss the exact same issue.

here
here
here
or
here

And to answer your question, it isn't a setting and it isn't related to any specific apps. It's a widspread issue that affects a lot of Z1's and while there are many suspicions, there isn't any confirmation whether it's a hardware or software problem. A Sony rep called Rickard has posted about a fix that is coming in the next software update here but it remains to be seen if that fix actually works.

Right now the best advice we can give you is to take your Z1 to the place you purchased it from and ask them to get it repaired or replace it with a new one under warranty.

Sorry but when I typed "touch problem" in title, nothing showed in z1 forum..
That's why I did my own thread.

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Sorry but when I typed "touch problem" in title, nothing showed in z1 forum..
That's why I did my own thread.

Welocome aboard with the Touch Screen Issues. :D (just kidding, I know its not happy time)

BTW, return your phone to the Store where you bought it to repair or replace via warranty. It's 100% faulty device.

brapicoco

May 29, 2011
Welocome aboard with the Touch Screen Issues. :D (just kidding, I know its not happy time)

BTW, return your phone to the Store where you bought it to repair or replace via warranty. It's 100% faulty device.

Dude have you seen the latest leak of Sirius in XB? Maybe what the sony rep is saying a fix will come is that they will port the glove mode to the z1

Kirkymole

Jun 28, 2013
Swindon
Mine did the same thing, I tried rebooting it and the problem went away for a day or so, so now I use an auto reboot to reboot every morning at 3am. Done this for three weeks now and the problem has vanished.

UserAr

Nov 12, 2013
i am also experiencing this problem, just after upgrading to 4.3.
on 4.2 it never happened to me.

UserAr

Nov 12, 2013
sing cardasal

Maybe on 4.2 you didn't know how to reproduce it but if you want to know my touch screen get worse after upgrade to .290 so you are not the only one.

i don't have any other touch screen issue other than the zooming instead of scrolling thing. never experienced any issue on 4.2 :rolleyes:

brapicoco

May 29, 2011
It's the same. Touch screen do not recognize the movement of the finger but it do like you will just touch it one time, touch screen problem. Had problem even on scrolling pages.

correct, also when long pressing you can see that the screen fails to recognize the touch after a few seconds. really annoying when playing games.

BTW @eclyptos did you got your phone back?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.