Trouble with TWRP 2.7.10

Search This thread

leon sprouse

Feb 26, 2008
saint cloud , Florida
I have a Galaxy S5 from T-Mobile and was using TWRP recovery. I had made a back-up of everything and had to restore using it. After the restore Every app I tried to open had this error "unfortunately (app name) has stopped. This was with every app!!! Is there a setting I am missing? Could it have to do with other back-ups , i.e. Dropbox , Google or Samsung. Do these have to be turned off?
Please help.

em0ney14

Apr 1, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
I have a Galaxy S5 from T-Mobile and was using TWRP recovery. I had made a back-up of everything and had to restore using it. After the restore Every app I tried to open had this error "unfortunately (app name) has stopped. This was with every app!!! Is there a setting I am missing? Could it have to do with other back-ups , i.e. Dropbox , Google or Samsung. Do these have to be turned off?
Please help.
Hey Leon, sorry for your problem.

When you made a back up, it was with twrp or titanium backup, or something else?

I had an issue using the backup feature of any custom recovery, so I stick to using titanium backup and having it back everything up to my sd card so if I flash anything and the internal memory is wiped, I still have my data.

Hope you get it figured out Leon.

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
TWRP 2.7.0.0 makes reliable backups for the S5. There was an update to 2.7.1.0 a few weeks ago (the version number in your thread title is incorrect). The changelog for the current version doesn't appear to suggest any major changes and I don't see any reason to rush into an upgrade. Newer isn't necessarily better and I will wait a while before updating in case any unexpected bugs arise.

Having said that, it's unlikely that there is a problem with TWRP. The TWRP team does great work and bugs are rare. You should read the TWRP threads to see if anyone else is having problems. The existing threads would also be a more effective place to seek assistance. Bugs should be posted to the TWRP github issues log so that they can address them.

elesbb

Jun 20, 2010
Go into recovery and fix permissions and wipe all caches

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Reactions: fffft

fffft

Jul 16, 2013
That's the same version that I have. 2.7.0.0. I may switch to philz and try again

You posted earlier that you had the exact same problem as the OP. But now it turns out that you're not even using the same version of TWRP as he is.

If you missed that critical detail, it raises the real possibility that you might be using a TWRP build intended for a different device. And that would surely cause just the type of problem that you are having. Ensure that you are using a TWRP or Philz build that is intended for your exact handset.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go into recovery and fix permissions and wipe all caches

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk