How will this work?

Search This thread

driverless

May 29, 2014
Male'
Hello there Awesome XDA dev peeps :),

A newbie here trying to figure some stuffs out :). So, I have tried to learn how to compile ROM's from source, but unfortunatly, I could not understand any of the guides out there. Currently this is the best guide I read: http://xdaforums.com/chef-central/android/guide-android-rom-development-t2814763 by @jackeagle , But I got lost from where he started talking about Slimrom. Well, SlimRom is the ROM I am after, but still I could not understand the guide after that.

So my here's my situation, I have a Samsung Infuse 4G which is niether officially supported by CM nor Slim, but there is this awesome developer called scott who keeps building unofficial CM for our device, (thanks him a lot for his work). So he have also given his CM build of Infuse 4G I guess, here is the link he has given: https://github.com/scotthartbti/android_device_samsung_infuse4g. So can I build a SlimRom for my device with the current stuffs I have? If yes, can you please tell me some steps to get started? (I already know the environment setup step ^_^, so some other step please?)

Well, I know that all of you are very busy and stuff, :). I would really like to thank you dev guys for the work you guys are doing. :)
Thank you.

RVR

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 29, 2012
Mumbai
rutvikrajagopal.in
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Of course u can. .... . change cm.mk to slim.mk

Inside the slim.mk and change the cm to slim

Rename cm.dependencies to slim.dependencies

Then in the androidproducts.mk .... Change the name to slim.mk
That's it ..

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Just replace according to the images in the guide... Which shows the diff between the cm.mk and slim.mk

Reactions: driverless

driverless

May 29, 2014
Male'

That's it ..

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 PM ----------

Just replace according to the images in the guide... Which shows the diff between the cm.mk and slim.mk

Thank you for your answer :).

So what you are asking me to do is:

Code:
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0

Code:
repo sync -j2

And then to replace/edit cm.mk, cm.dependencies and androidproducts.mk right?

Well, that part is fine, can do that, but where I get confused is, when my device is not in CM official list, how does doing these steps build a working ROM for my device? I mean won't it need drivers, kernel, bootloader or stuff. Sorry, I don't quite understand all these things, thats why just wanted to clear things out. Sorry for my noobness >.<

And yes ofc, one more thing I don't understand, how does renaming cm to slim change the ROM to a SlimRom because I just downloaded the CM source right?

Once again sorry for my noobness >.<

Last edited:

RVR

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 29, 2012
Mumbai
rutvikrajagopal.in
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Thank you for your answer :).

So what you are asking me to do is:

Code:
repo init -u git://github.com/CyanogenMod/android.git -b cm-11.0

Code:
repo sync -j2

And then to replace/edit cm.mk, cm.dependencies and androidproducts.mk right?

Well, that part is fine, can do that, but where I get confused is, when my device is not in CM official list, how does doing these steps build a working ROM for my device? I mean won't it need drivers, kernel, bootloader or stuff. Sorry, I don't quite understand all these things, thats why just wanted to clear things out. Sorry for my noobness >.<

And yes ofc, one more thing I don't understand, how does renaming cm to slim change the ROM to a SlimRom because I just downloaded the CM source right?

Once again sorry for my noobness >.<

bro u have to download the slimrom source from here
https://github.com/SlimRoms/platform_manifest

and then edit the device treee
\
even if ur phone isnt official ..simply download the device,kernel, vendor files .... or add it to the local_manifest.xml

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

That's it ..