[Q] CM 11 for Defy : Google Calendar

Search This thread

amcamc

Aug 30, 2012
Hi,

I have updated to the 09-01 nightly. I updated to this nightly after using safewipe. I am not able to use my google calendar. I get an error message "Couldn't sign in: there was a problem communicating with google server. Try later"
If this is a bug, its not listed in the known bugs list.
I searched about this error, in some thread it was mentioned that this could happen if the gapps are of wrong version.
So i updated to the latest gapps minimal. Am still not able to sign in to google calendar.

Am i missing something ? could any one help me to resolve this ?

Thanks,
AMCAMC

my device: MB525

JimboN

Sep 8, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Hi,

I have updated to the 09-01 nightly. I updated to this nightly after using safewipe. I am not able to use my google calendar. I get an error message "Couldn't sign in: there was a problem communicating with google server. Try later"
I searched about this error, in some thread it was mentioned that this could happen if the gapps are of wrong version.
So i updated to the latest gapps minimal. Am still not able to sign in to google calendar.

Thanks,
AMCAMC

Are you referring to the stock calendar app in CM11? If so, you need to install "7-15_AOSP_Calendar_Sync_4.4.4_signed.zip" found here: "xero-filez.us/files/Android/GApps/BaNkS/Add-Ons/" -- at least that what fixed it for me.

JimboN

Stefano2991

Dec 7, 2013
Hi,

Thanks,
AMCAMC

I had the same problem, i installed "google calendar" from google play and problem solved.