[Q] Xperia Play R800i No Service

Search This thread

KActat1992

Jan 23, 2014
Hello, i have an xperia play which is R800i, it's bootloader unlocked, and should be network unlocked, if i go in that option with brackets like [] Network etc they are all with empty brackets and 0, according to some pages its fully unlocked, but still, i cannot get it to work, i've made several baseband changes, roms, etc,

what could be the problem of the phone? i bought it from someone that i usually buy stuff off, so i "shuld" be sure its not imei locked, but then, even if it was imei locked, would i be able to set a PINfor the SIM card? is there a way to check if there's a SIM card inserted in the phone from android? because i feel like it doesn't read my sim at all.

Please suggestions are welcome i tried everything, thank you

kks111

Dec 17, 2013
delhi
hi

Hello, i have an xperia play which is R800i, it's bootloader unlocked, and should be network unlocked, if i go in that option with brackets like [] Network etc they are all with empty brackets and 0, according to some pages its fully unlocked, but still, i cannot get it to work, i've made several baseband changes, roms, etc,

what could be the problem of the phone? i bought it from someone that i usually buy stuff off, so i "shuld" be sure its not imei locked, but then, even if it was imei locked, would i be able to set a PINfor the SIM card? is there a way to check if there's a SIM card inserted in the phone from android? because i feel like it doesn't read my sim at all.

Please suggestions are welcome i tried everything, thank you

i can try to fix it ..... contact me on gtalk muskanjainxx@gmail.com

inaroom

Feb 26, 2013
Moto Z2 Play
hi,replying cause i have same problem..i unlocked the bootloader with sony offcial method the second i had it in my hands and flashed a custom rom(everything working fine before the flashing..)..oddly i could use data(browser youtube facebook ecc working) but no calls or text..so i relocked bootloader and flashed with seus but nothing to do,same problem data working but no calls or text..then i unlocked again tried some roms,then decided to relock and give a try again with seus..now it won't recognise the sim at all,and NO FASTBOOT,it was working fine before the 2nd flash with seus,and i know for sure it's not an hardware issue...flashed many simlock.ta(changing the name to preset.ta) with flashtools..bot nothing.now i can only flash stock tft,since fastboot is no longer working(so i can't unlock the bootloader for the 3rd time), everytime after first boot it ask to insert sim and reboot, even if it ask for pin if i set it..so it IS reading the sim...the radio is bricked,been searching for 2 weeks now, and no solution found. i contacted alejandrissimo, he said he coul fix broken trim area for 20$, but it isn't answering to my messages anymore..sorry bro it looks like our play it's gone forever as a phone, so far..

xkiasfansuryx

Feb 18, 2014
plese help.....
my xplay not working edge network but 3g working good....
many much frmwre i try...but not sucses....
im using xperia play r800i gb 2.3.4

Dr-green12

Mar 27, 2014
I have the same issue in xperia play R800i too, network 2g not working anymore I tried several sim cards, not worked , my bootloader unlocked as my battery is drain in 5 hours too even I tried everything rooms kernels basebands , apps closing google play service all solutions in the net,with no hope :s , hardware problem ? it' snot because i heard someone found some new formation that it's an problem in baseband and it's happened to his Sk18i and Sony fixed it by ICS update , it's has the same problem no 2g and battery drain in 12 hours and after he updated the battery fixed it's goes for 48 ours with normal use and the 2g worked , and the problem is there is no official Ics update in our device :(

any one can help ?? or find solution ,, I'm sure that there are many many people who are suffering with this horrible problem :(

Last edited:

SubjectSigma

Nov 30, 2012
Johnsberg
plese help.....
my xplay not working edge network but 3g working good....
many much frmwre i try...but not sucses....
im using xperia play r800i gb 2.3.4

Check your APNs, from my experience they get reset if you flash a generic FTF

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

hi,replying cause i have same problem..i unlocked the bootloader with sony offcial method the second i had it in my hands and flashed a custom rom(everything working fine before the flashing..)..oddly i could use data(browser youtube facebook ecc working) but no calls or text..so i relocked bootloader and flashed with seus but nothing to do,same problem data working but no calls or text..then i unlocked again tried some roms,then decided to relock and give a try again with seus..now it won't recognise the sim at all,and NO FASTBOOT,it was working fine before the 2nd flash with seus,and i know for sure it's not an hardware issue...flashed many simlock.ta(changing the name to preset.ta) with flashtools..bot nothing.now i can only flash stock tft,since fastboot is no longer working(so i can't unlock the bootloader for the 3rd time), everytime after first boot it ask to insert sim and reboot, even if it ask for pin if i set it..so it IS reading the sim...the radio is bricked,been searching for 2 weeks now, and no solution found. i contacted alejandrissimo, he said he coul fix broken trim area for 20$, but it isn't answering to my messages anymore..sorry bro it looks like our play it's gone forever as a phone, so far..

I'm 100% sure having a locked boot loader makes accessing fast boot impossible? If you can still flash FTF find one for an ICS Rom and see if that fixes it

inaroom

Feb 26, 2013
Moto Z2 Play
Check your APNs, from my experience they get reset if you flash a generic FTF

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

I'm 100% sure having a locked boot loader makes accessing fast boot impossible? If you can still flash FTF find one for an ICS Rom and see if that fixes it

thanks for replying, i reflashed with wotan and now i have unlocked bootloader, and can flash but the problem on 3g stiil exist. i'm on superjellybean8, and sometimes it will lose the signal on 3g(but data fully working) i get emergency call only,i can browse and other data task like facebook etc, but no call or text, so i turn airplane mode on off until it gets the signal(wich sometimes is very very painful and slow..). i usually get no problem on 2g..so may i start thinking it could be hardware problem on the 3g antenna or something? i've been using it for a couple month now,if i could get rid of the 3g problem it would be great..it makes me miss some important calls you know..

SubjectSigma

Nov 30, 2012
Johnsberg
thanks for replying, i reflashed with wotan and now i have unlocked bootloader, and can flash but the problem on 3g stiil exist. i'm on superjellybean8, and sometimes it will lose the signal on 3g(but data fully working) i get emergency call only,i can browse and other data task like facebook etc, but no call or text, so i turn airplane mode on off until it gets the signal(wich sometimes is very very painful and slow..). i usually get no problem on 2g..so may i start thinking it could be hardware problem on the 3g antenna or something? i've been using it for a couple month now,if i could get rid of the 3g problem it would be great..it makes me miss some important calls you know..

I'm pretty sure the GSM attenna is on the top left on the opposite of side of the power button, have you dropped it recently?

Just occurred to me now, call your service provider and see if the 3G tower in your area is undergoing maintenance

Last edited:

inaroom

Feb 26, 2013
Moto Z2 Play
I'm pretty sure the GSM attenna is on the top left on the opposite of side of the power button, have you dropped it recently?

Just occurred to me now, call your service provider and see if the 3G tower in your area is undergoing maintenance

that's what happens.. it get the net but then give the emergency calls only message..

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-19-09-02-21.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-09-02-21.png
    65 KB · Views: 194
  • Screenshot_2014-05-19-09-01-16.png
    Screenshot_2014-05-19-09-01-16.png
    88.4 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

gvma

Sep 21, 2014
Won't you mind if I join this thread?
I've got r800i unlocked from aliexpress which was working fine but had non-working touch-sticks.
So I tried to flash newer firmware (.79) and end up with 'no service' problem.
Like OP I have "[] Network 0" so it's definitley not become locked but it doesn't see my provider.
The funny thing is that it does see one of the local providers but only one of three.
Tried different ftf's, currently on R800i_4.0.2.A.0.84_Vodafone DE_(1247-8566).
The only thing I know from the original firmware (from flashtool) is:
Current device : R800i - CB5A1D6HYX - 1247-6268_R8D - 1245-8821_4.0.2.A.0.42 - WORLD-1-8_4.0.2.A.0.42
As I understand this one had Meteor IE baseband.
Is this problem has something with firmware or could it be antenna/hardware problem?

mikrom.cz

Mar 1, 2008
mikrom.cz
Won't you mind if I join this thread?
I've got r800i unlocked from aliexpress which was working fine but had non-working touch-sticks.
So I tried to flash newer firmware (.79) and end up with 'no service' problem.
Like OP I have "[] Network 0" so it's definitley not become locked but it doesn't see my provider.
The funny thing is that it does see one of the local providers but only one of three.
Tried different ftf's, currently on R800i_4.0.2.A.0.84_Vodafone DE_(1247-8566).
The only thing I know from the original firmware (from flashtool) is:
Current device : R800i - CB5A1D6HYX - 1247-6268_R8D - 1245-8821_4.0.2.A.0.42 - WORLD-1-8_4.0.2.A.0.42
As I understand this one had Meteor IE baseband.
Is this problem has something with firmware or could it be antenna/hardware problem?
I had problem with "no service" after flash FTF, so the idea its baseband related, I try flash another one, and with R800i_-80_Baseband_GSM.ftf I have success, i have carrier again. maybe help someone

gvma

Sep 21, 2014
I had problem with "no service" after flash FTF, so the idea its baseband related, I try flash another one, and with R800i_-80_Baseband_GSM.ftf I have success, i have carrier again. maybe help someone
Thanks bro, but I sent the faulty device back to China. That's was the first idea - to change basebands, but that didn't help either in my case.