Search This thread

KGNTSTNY

Jan 14, 2012
Lion City
Finally managed to root my LG Prada P940 using the older version of SuperOneClick 1.7 after many tries from 2.3.3 & on... Just need to choose Exploit option rageagainstthecage instead of psneuter & hit on root!

Anyway, i don't really know what can i do with it besides uninstalling those pesky pre-installed apps. Hurhurhur.

Good luck!

http://hotfile.com/dl/145937691/0a90379/SuperOneClickv1.7-ShortFuse.zip.html

rebornsoul89

Feb 12, 2012
uninstalled some apps in the system directory and screwed up my phone.

anyone knows where to get the stock rom?

bova

Jun 24, 2007
Finally managed to root my LG Prada P940 using the older version of SuperOneClick 1.7 after many tries from 2.3.3 & on... Just need to choose Exploit option rageagainstthecage instead of psneuter & hit on root!

Anyway, i don't really know what can i do with it besides uninstalling those pesky pre-installed apps. Hurhurhur.

Good luck!

Crazy that this one, I decided to try it and it works perfectly at the first time.

I have not deleted anything.

You just have to update the superuser and the binary as they are very old.

Thank you.

Reactions: KGNTSTNY

dxdiag32

Feb 21, 2011
Chongqing
hi guys!can you do me a favor?i want the p940's apps and framework,so that someone can dev it .can you upload a zip after root by doing this?
1.download the root tools at first post
2.unpack it to d:\root
3.open cmd by press win+R key and enter "cmd" without "" ,and then here will popup a black window.
4.type
Code:
d:
cd d:\root
adb shell pull /system/app
adb shell pull /system/framework

if everything goes well,now in your d:\root should have two more folders ,app and framework folder.now plz pack it and upload to multiupload or something ,we're very appreciate what you contribute!

Best Regards:)

Reactions: KGNTSTNY

spirol

hi guys!can you do me a favor?i want the p940's apps and framework,so that someone can dev it .can you upload a zip after root by doing this?

Did a system dump for the guys in the SGSII forums, here are the links;

Full /system: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12431608/PRADA3.0-system.rar 240MB

SystemUI & Framework: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12431608/PRADA3.0-SystemUI%2BFramework.rar 6,59MB

***DO NOT FLASH!!!***

uninstalled some apps in the system directory and screwed up my phone.

anyone knows where to get the stock rom?
Maybe you can try to extract the apps you deleted from my first link, and push via ADB. I don't think you can flash the whole thing, but maybe someone can make it CWM-flashable.

Last edited:

iodak

Jan 5, 2011
ICS for Prada

Can someone upload system dump of ICS firmware for prada phone.

Walhalla

Jul 5, 2008
i got my device rooted with the method found on the page. Will write up a howto with my adjusted root script and files later today if someone has use for it...

aa1146

Sep 9, 2010
here is guide how to roo prada ICS 4.0.4

If some one can translate it!

alright i try to translate with my broken english

第8步开始ROOT工具更新到最新可以一次搞定ROOT.
At the step 8 the tools is the last release, should root the phone without problems

此教程只针对欧版V20D和韩版V20B,已更新韩版BIN,另外4.0的韩版和欧版KDZ ROM包请自行在论坛搜索下载地址。现在正式开始:
This Tutorial should only for the device with Europe V20d rom and Korea V20b Rom. The Korea B
in file is updated, and the 4.0 Korea Rom and Europe KDZ Rom is at other Thread, find it yourself and download it. (Its how the original sentence, I will find if you guys if ou do want and when i have time

1.欧版下载LGP940_AP[1].bin ,韩版下载SU540_AP[/url][5].bin
Europe LGP940_AP[1].bin , Korea SU540_AP[5].bin,

2.手机关机,进入S/W模式。
Switch off the phone and enter the S/W mode

3.打开KDZ刷机工具选择V20D(韩版V20B)的原版KDZ点击刷机按钮开始刷机,下面是重点,千万注意。
Open the KDZ flash tool and select V20D KDZ( select V20B KDZ if you have korea rom) and press Start/Flash to start. the follow steps are critical, MUSH READ CAREFULLY

4.进入该目录:
Win7 : C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\
WinXP : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\
此目录就是KDZ刷机工具对KDZ包进行解压的目录。
Enter the file:
Win7 : C:\ProgramData\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\
WinXP : C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LGMOBILEAX\Phone\
These file are the location where the KDZ flash tool extract the KDZ pack

5.右键点击空白处反复刷新该目录直到出现LGP940_AP[1].bin(韩版是SU540_AP[5].bin)被解压到改目录,迅速用我提供的LGP940_AP[1].bin(韩版是SU540_AP[5].bin)替换覆盖。
Keep refreash the file until it show the LGP940_AP[1].bin file (SU540_AP[5].bin if Korea verison), When it appear replace with LGP940_AP[1].bin (SU540_AP[5].bin if Korea Verison) which I provide Quickly

6.覆盖完成等待刷机结束重启。
After replace the file, wait for the process finish.

7.手机重启完毕,选择USB调试模式连接电脑。
After the cell reboot, Select the USB debug mode and connect to PC

8.下载PRADAroot.rar并解压缩, PradaRoot.rar 下载次数: 321
Download PRADAroot.rar and extract

2012-7-6 13:10 ,运行目录下的Rooting.bat批处理,看清楚命令窗口上面的字一定要看到传输的字节不是0才算成功(如果不成功换台电脑),最后再点空格自动重启手机,重启后ROOT完成。
Run Rooting.bat, check the command windows, The translate rate Must not 0 to success, If you get 0 and fail to root try another PC, Lastly click the space bar to reboot the device, after boot its should be rooted

PS:触摸失效和卡的同学请打开设置中的自动旋屏。
In the case of haveing problem with the touchscreen and laggy, goto setting and switch on the auto roating

Its take longer time then i expected, anyway i know my engish is broken and i want its helpful
and i have just found that i cant post link because i am new to here lol, please find the link at the original post

kronos1

May 30, 2009

Good luck!

Ok first step to step:
1. USB debugging must be on.
2. Start the Super One Click(run as admin on win7,win8)
3. Connect Prada to PC and choose battery charge only option.
4. When PC install all drivers hit the root button. If all goes well After 30sec you will get rooted phone.

It is recommended that before all this you have LG PC Suite installed. It is not important that LG PC Suite be active during rooting.
Please deactivate all antivirus aps on Your PC. After rooting you dont have to update superuser apk on your Prada. It will work perfect as it is.
Kronos1

Top Liked Posts