[Q] Official Android 4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082

Search This thread
Oct 17, 2013
Well, as you all know the most successful mid-range Android smartphone by Samsung, the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 was launched with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean which later got the update of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean along with the upgrade of TouchWiz NatureUX 2.0, the most spectacular Android launcher (the User Interface) in the world and also some incredible system enhancements. It was said that Android 4.2.2 will just bring the end of its upgrade life-cycle.

But, unfortunately after upgrading to Android 4.2.2, most of the users are facing Gallery Storage bugs (Internal Storage is showing used space more than it's total capacity because of the fragmented and buggy Gallery app. Clearing the data of Gallery app fixes the problem temporarily). Some people are also facing very quick battery drainage and some other unexpected problem.

So, for these all, is Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 going to taste the newest flavor of Android, the Android 4.4 KitKat which has been developed keeping the thoughts of low RAM devices in mind? It has been said that Android 4.4 KitKat can EASILY run on a device packed with 512MB of RAM.

I found some confusing information from these websites. Which one is to be trusted and which not?

Glance 1: http://androidadvices.com/list-android-phones-android-44-kitkat-firmware-update/
Samsung Phones to get Android 4.4 Update

For now, there is an internal Samsung Knox document which was leaked, and which showed a few devices which are going to get the Android 4.4 update, and the document actually showed the devices which would get the Samsung Knox in the coming update. The devices are as follows:

• Samsung Galaxy S4
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  • Samsung Galaxy Mega (no confirmation whether the 5.8, 6.3 or both)
  • Samsung Galaxy S3
  • Samsung Galaxy Note II
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 & Tab 2
The Galaxy S3 and Note II have been facing a few regional lock issues and that is what is prompting Samsung to come up with a major update on these devices, as confirmed by one of the Samsung representatives. But again, the document mentions it is the S3 which has 2GB of RAM, and that is the U.S. version which might be getting the update, and the International users might have to wait and watch if Samsung has made it ready for their devices too or not.
and

Glance 2 (because I found no reason of dismissing Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 from the list while the crap and totally flop device Samsung Galaxy Mega has been enlisted for the upgrade :p): http://crocksz.com/index.php/nominated-galaxy-devices-android-4-4-kitkat/
Here is the list of nominated Galaxy Devices for Android 4.4 KitKat

• Galaxy Grand and Grand DUOS
  • Galaxy S III mini
  • Galaxy Beam
  • Galaxy Express
  • Galaxy S Advance
  • Galaxy S II and S II Plus
  • Galaxy Premier
  • Galaxy Note I
  • Galaxy Young and Young DUOS
  • Galaxy Fame
  • Galaxy X Cover 2
  • Galaxy Tabs ( model specific)
  • Galaxy Core
  • Galaxy Mega
  • Galaxy R
Exclusive update for Latest Galaxy devices The below list will get updated to every latest android version

• Galaxy Note III
  • Galaxy S III
  • Galaxy S IV and other variants
  • Galaxy Note 8.0 and other variants
  • Upcoming Galaxy Note 10.1 and 12.2
  • Galaxy S IV mini
Which one seems to be true and is to be believed? :rolleyes:

RVR

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 29, 2012
Mumbai
rutvikrajagopal.in
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Well, as you all know the most successful mid-range Android smartphone by Samsung, the Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 was launched with Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean which later got the update of Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean along with the upgrade of TouchWiz NatureUX 2.0, the most spectacular Android launcher (the User Interface) in the world and also some incredible system enhancements. It was said that Android 4.2.2 will just bring the end of its upgrade life-cycle.

But, unfortunately after upgrading to Android 4.2.2, most of the users are facing Gallery Storage bugs (Internal Storage is showing used space more than it's total capacity because of the fragmented and buggy Gallery app. Clearing the data of Gallery app fixes the problem temporarily). Some people are also facing very quick battery drainage and some other unexpected problem.

So, for these all, is Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 going to taste the newest flavor of Android, the Android 4.4 KitKat which has been developed keeping the thoughts of low RAM devices in mind? It has been said that Android 4.4 KitKat can EASILY run on a device packed with 512MB of RAM.

I found some confusing information from these websites. Which one is to be trusted and which not?

Glance 1: http://androidadvices.com/list-android-phones-android-44-kitkat-firmware-update/
and

Glance 2 (because I found no reason of dismissing Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos GT-I9082 from the list while the crap and totally flop device Samsung Galaxy Mega has been enlisted for the upgrade :p): http://crocksz.com/index.php/nominated-galaxy-devices-android-4-4-kitkat/

nothing can be said as of now unless samsung releases the list of all device getting kitkat....they might release the list later coz they are sending out the 4.3 updates as of now............so wait till samsung releases an official list like sony.....
but i dont think grand will get the update

Reactions: ashwindogra9819

j.posarekar70

Nov 13, 2012
◢| MUMBAI |◣
seems like you've done much research on this topic :p
yeh if grand will get further KK update then we all feel really happy for that,
but its samsung guies... no one even knows what samsung users comes to get until samsung officially announce any update list :)
waiting.....& hoping....

Reactions: ashwindogra9819
Oct 17, 2013
Good News

I've found in this Website (SamMobile) that, many of the low-end and mid-range Samsung Devices are going to taste the crispy KitKat. So, it seems to be that our Grand is also going to achieve it soon.

4.4-mid-range-devices1.jpg

According to them, "The list of devices is rather long, and includes the Galaxy S4 mini, Galaxy S3 mini, Galaxy S Advance, Galaxy Ace 3, Galaxy Core, Galaxy Fame, Galaxy Ace 2, and the Galaxy Fresh – there are likely more devices on the list, but these weren’t captured by the source of the picture."

Let's see what happens.

Reactions: KanD93

sabeesh

Dec 10, 2013
Any one can make htc sense 5.5 lock screen for galaxy grand duos. ..?

Sent from my GT-I9082 using xda app-developers app

Dc_007

Aug 17, 2012
Bt now on announcing galaxy grand 2 by samsung,the probability of grand getting 4.4 is very low,bt hope we get the update

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk 2

sechzehn

Dec 5, 2013
MANILA
www.facebook.com
well, as you all know the most successful mid-range android smartphone by samsung, the samsung galaxy grand duos gt-i9082 was launched with android 4.1.2 jelly bean which later got the update of android 4.2.2 jelly bean along with the upgrade of touchwiz natureux 2.0, the most spectacular android launcher (the user interface) in the world and also some incredible system enhancements. It was said that android 4.2.2 will just bring the end of its upgrade life-cycle.

But, unfortunately after upgrading to android 4.2.2, most of the users are facing gallery storage bugs (internal storage is showing used space more than it's total capacity because of the fragmented and buggy gallery app. Clearing the data of gallery app fixes the problem temporarily). Some people are also facing very quick battery drainage and some other unexpected problem.

So, for these all, is samsung galaxy grand duos gt-i9082 going to taste the newest flavor of android, the android 4.4 kitkat which has been developed keeping the thoughts of low ram devices in mind? It has been said that android 4.4 kitkat can easily run on a device packed with 512mb of ram.

glance 1: http://androidadvices.com/list-android-phones-android-44-kitkat-firmware-update/
and

glance 2 (because i found no reason of dismissing samsung galaxy grand duos gt-i9082 from the list while the crap and totally flop device samsung galaxy mega has been enlisted for the upgrade :p): http://crocksz.com/index.php/nominated-galaxy-devices-android-4-4-kitkat/
which one seems to be true and is to be believed? :rolleyes:

..everyday as i woke the first thing that i do was to search on the net if there is official update for 4.4 on our device but unfortunately it seems that we are waiting for nothing (but i don't lose hope re the update) some pages said that there is an update but not official and via cyanogen and only primary sim works thats why i wont try to flash the said update..

Still waiting for samsung official release..

Devesh25

Dec 28, 2013
Mumbai
linktr.ee
Samsung Galaxy A51

and

i am surprised finally samsung has listed galaxy R for kitkat upgrade because samsung has not given jellybean upgrade to galaxy R

DayWalker

Nov 10, 2013
Kaduwela
..everyday as i woke the first thing that i do was to search on the net if there is official update for 4.4 on our device but unfortunately it seems that we are waiting for nothing (but i don't lose hope re the update) some pages said that there is an update but not official and via cyanogen and only primary sim works thats why i wont try to flash the said update..

Still waiting for samsung official release..

Same here bro! Amen to that!! :| #feelinghopful

Last edited:

haree

Sep 13, 2008
CHENNAI
hi
4.3 maybe 4.4 i dont think so:confused::p
i have a note 10.1 and its still stuck on 4.1.2 with no info if it will even get 4.3 and its considered as a high end :p :good::laugh:

shanbhagatul

Nov 28, 2013
Margao
The bitter part is new updates come to New phones and the 'old' phones get avoided...... Still waiting for 4.3 before 4.4 comes... Cuz there's no hope of getting 4.4 before even getting 4.3....

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk

Reactions: salamonty54

sohailss111

Sep 5, 2013
Official Kitkat for Galaxy grand.

Hello guys. Finally the waiting time is over. The official list has come out and grand is included in the list. It had to be included. They did not have any choice except to do so , as only one major update has been delivered till now. So only a matter of a month or so till we get the update.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Samsung Phones to get Android 4.4 Update

For now, there is an internal Samsung Knox document which was leaked, and which showed a few devices which are going to get the Android 4.4 update, and the document actually showed the devices which would get the Samsung Knox in the coming update. The devices are as follows:

• Samsung Galaxy S4
    • Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom
    • Samsung Galaxy S4 Active
    • Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    • Samsung Galaxy Mega (no confirmation whether the 5.8, 6.3 or both)
    • Samsung Galaxy S3
    • Samsung Galaxy Note II
    • Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
    • Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 & Tab 2
    The Galaxy S3 and Note II have been facing a few regional lock issues and that is what is prompting Samsung to come up with a major update on these devices, as confirmed by one of the Samsung representatives. But again, the document mentions it is the S3 which has 2GB of RAM, and that is the U.S. version which might be getting the update, and the International users might have to wait and watch if Samsung has made it ready for their devices too or not.
    and

Here is the list of nominated Galaxy Devices for Android 4.4 KitKat

• Galaxy Grand and Grand DUOS
    • Galaxy S III mini
    • Galaxy Beam
    • Galaxy Express
    • Galaxy S Advance
    • Galaxy S II and S II Plus
    • Galaxy Premier
    • Galaxy Note I
    • Galaxy Young and Young DUOS
    • Galaxy Fame
    • Galaxy X Cover 2
    • Galaxy Tabs ( model specific)
    • Galaxy Core
    • Galaxy Mega
    • Galaxy R
    Exclusive update for Latest Galaxy devices The below list will get updated to every latest android version

• Galaxy Note III
    • Galaxy S III
    • Galaxy S IV and other variants
    • Galaxy Note 8.0 and other variants
    • Upcoming Galaxy Note 10.1 and 12.2
    • Galaxy S IV mini
    Grand will surely get update as the latest update is meant for mid range smartphones.

THANKS Button ✌ is there to save Thanks post indeed :D
    Nope, they will always prioritize their flagships... even if our devices get the update, it would be months after the flagships. By the time kitkat arrives on our devices, the flagships will get the next android (4.5?)

and

nothing can be said as of now unless samsung releases the list of all device getting kitkat....they might release the list later coz they are sending out the 4.3 updates as of now............so wait till samsung releases an official list like sony.....
    but i dont think grand will get the update
    The bitter part is new updates come to New phones and the 'old' phones get avoided...... Still waiting for 4.3 before 4.4 comes... Cuz there's no hope of getting 4.4 before even getting 4.3....

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk