[Q] Need help - unable to send/receive SMS

Search This thread

Morasta

Jul 18, 2011
Last night I S-OFFed a Sprint HTC Evo 4G LTE that was on the latest MeanBean rom with hboot 1.19. That was successful and I did a full wipe of the device. After that installed the Sense_5.0_4.3-Y20 rom per the instructions.

Everything works EXCEPT sending and receiving sms. Since last night only one message was received, but I haven't been able to repeat it. Not a single message has sent successfully. Voice works fine, data works fine, etc. Tried searching the forums, particularly the rom's thread, but no luck. Tried Handcent in addition to the stock messages app with no luck. Reboots also make no difference. Tonight I'm planning to try another wipe and then toss the rom on it again.

In the meantime, does anyone else have any suggestions?

Last edited:
G

GuestK0087

The situation is correct. None of us are using stolen phones. Here in Turkey mostly Nokia or Ericsson phones are sold as stolen. None of the Smartphone users is dummy to buy stolen phone.

Also, you'll hear more and more about this situation in these days. All of us are in the same situation.

There is nothing to do. The Turkish laws are so bad made, you won't believe. Our civil members do just read what it says.

Example. If your buy a phone from Ebay. You are done. You can't use it.
another example : If you ask some friend to buy from abroad. You can't use it again.
Most of us ordered these phone from a friend. And now even we have the invoice we can't make it registered.

today I started a petition about this situation, none of the civils in turkish telecom gave a response. They all are a mess.

I hope that soon there will be software available ...

Dial ##72786# from your dialer. Select reset from the menu. Your phone will reboot and reactivate. Your service will be reprovisioned. No data will be lost.

Edit:

I don't know how or why this quoted another post. The trusty XDA premium app is top notch.

Last edited:

Morasta

Jul 18, 2011
Dial ##72786# from your dialer. Select reset from the menu. Your phone will reboot and reactivate. Your service will be reprovisioned. No data will be lost.

Haha, that quote had me confused for a moment. Anyway, tried what you said and received the following on reboot: "PRL could not be updated. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact Customer Service. error code: 1012"

First time I've actually seen a PRL update fail. Attempting Google Fu on that now.

G

GuestK0087

Haha, that quote had me confused for a moment. Anyway, tried what you said and received the following on reboot: "PRL could not be updated. Please try again later. If the problem persists, you may need to contact Customer Service. error code: 1012"

First time I've actually seen a PRL update fail. Attempting Google Fu on that now.

You may need to call Sprint and have them run the reprovision from their end.