[APP] Agenda Widget (Official thread)

Search This thread

roflharrison

Retired Recognized Developer
Update Feb 2012: Agenda Widget 2.0 is just around the corner, check out the dev version now: http://www.androidagendawidget.com/development

Cool new features include Grid View, Quick actions for event clicks, Ultimate Todo support, Due Today support, more customization of the widget layout, easier to use preferences... Woohoo!

Agenda Widget is a highly customizable home screen widget which shows events from the Google and Touchdown and tasks from SSI gTask, Dato gTask, Google Task Organizer, Got To Do, Astrid, Ultimate Todo, Due Today, Calengoo, DTG GTD and Touchdown.

It has scrolling in ICS, Honeycomb and alternative Launchers such as ADW, Launcher Pro and anything else that supports launcher plus.
attachment.php

The free version is fully featured with no time limits, soon I will be putting advertisements in the settings.

The plus version has a few exclusive features such as task list filtering, ability to modify the background color, a gridview display type and the ability to have tasks per widget

Finally:
  • If you like the app, rate it high in the market!
  • If you want to help translate I use myGengo String (tell me your language when you request an invite!)

Screenshots attached (some are mine, some are users)...

Attachments

• new_appearance_settings.jpg
    new_appearance_settings.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 4,137
  • android_nhn.jpg
    android_nhn.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 3,906
  • tiny.jpg
    tiny.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 3,930
  • snap20101213_121338.jpg
    snap20101213_121338.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 3,684
  • screenshot_1.jpg
    screenshot_1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 3,872
  • device.jpg
    device.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 7,798
  • Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    156.2 KB · Views: 3,649
Last edited:

FormelLMS

Oct 28, 2009
I've been using this app since a long time and I really love it. Before a few weeks, I've bougt the pro version to support the developer.

Everything is working fine, but one thing:
It's terrible to change the theme. It's great to have that function, but I really don't know, what I'm doing there.

Click here, click there, look - no changes. Click there, click here - changes. But why?

The settings are really hard to use. I hope, that you can makes this theming easier for us^^

jambamkin

Jun 22, 2010
Edinburgh
This is one of the few app I have never uninstalled. I think because it is so darned customizable. and that it has always been actively developed. Glad to be able to check out the newest features. Thanks

Last edited:

dakkie

Dec 28, 2009
So am i,

I thing i would is like a button on the button or top thats opens agenda,.. or does it have it already and that is missed it?

Keep up youre good work ;)

Gr.

jjwa

Jun 24, 2010
Enschede
I have compared a bunch of calendar widgets, and I this was the best one :). I have been using it for kind of a long time now. I love how efficient it is about space, allowing me to see as much as possible in a limited amount of space. And of course scrolling.

Good job!

F

Flashern

I've been using your app for a long time and I love it.

Here's a screenshot of it on my Nexus One:

attachment.php

There is problem with the time on my device. I get tasks from Google Calendar and they start one hour too early. If I got an appointment at 8 it shows as if I got it at 7.

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 1,209

xmasguy

May 27, 2007
Lehigh Valley
twitter.com
just wanted to say ive been using the pay version of your app for some time on my G2 and I absolutely love it. ive tried almost all the calendar/agenda widgets out there and none come close to yours in customization. big thanks and looking forward to future updates. no bugs here for me so far.

ilhe1s

Jun 24, 2010
Denver
This App has become my new homescreen calander/agenda. I use to use calwidget (great app by the way) by came across agenda widget and fell in love. Love how you can scroll with ADW.

Only complaint is the UI needs some cleanup and tweaking. Took me an hour to get it to look the way I wanted it too.

Example:

CM7+Urban.jpg

Last edited:

roflharrison

Wow that was a lot of replies in no time! :D

First, thanks to everyone for the kind comments!
I'm glad to continue working on an application people use so much and the positive comments give me motivation to fix the bugs and add new features! I will now reply to the "support" questions in reverse chronological order:

Only complaint is the UI needs some cleanup and tweaking. Took me an hour to get it to look the way I wanted it too.
I am working on this at the moment, did you try the dev version with the new appearance settings?
I also cleaned up a few of the themes and tweaked some scrolling appearance bugs so they look a bit nicer to start with.

There is problem with the time on my device. I get tasks from Google Calendar and they start one hour too early. If I got an appointment at 8 it shows as if I got it at 7.
I like your screenshot! Thanks for submitting it to the website. This could be a bug where Calendars->"Override calendar UTC offset" was setting itself automatically, please check it is set to none?

I thing i would is like a button on the button or top thats opens agenda,.. or does it have it already and that is missed it?
It has this function, you might need to override the date click action in settings->buttons and toolbars. This will become more automatic and easier to set in one or two releases as I have a nice little wizard half written which forces you to choose settings for click actions that will work :)

It's terrible to change the theme. It's great to have that function, but I really don't know, what I'm doing there.
This should be fixed in the new version with a preview in the settings?

I was planning to release the free version to the market today (version 1.6.3), if anyone has time to check it doesn't break anything by upgrading the the dev version from the current market version it would be much appreciated!

F

Flashern

I like your screenshot! Thanks for submitting it to the website. This could be a bug where Calendars->"Override calendar UTC offset" was setting itself automatically, please check it is set to none?

Nice, that fixed the problem!

I've tried the developer version now and I like the preview setting though i still find the whole color/transparency settings a bit confusing (now you can set the transparency inside the color setting?).
I also think I found a bug here - when you change something "error compiling widget" begins popping up at the top but you probably know.

Keep up the great work. :)

kobyz

Dec 22, 2005
I've been using this widget for some time and it is the best agenda widget out there!
Thanks!

jambamkin

Jun 22, 2010
Edinburgh
I would like to have a separate tasks and agenda widget. This is completely possible except that calendars are global whether 'use global settings' is ticked or not.

I updated to the dev plus version and I've encountered no bugs that haven't already been mentioned. The preview is brilliant saved exiting settings for every change :)

Sent from my DHD

roflharrison

I would like to have a separate tasks and agenda widget. This is completely possible except that calendars are global whether 'use global settings' is ticked or not.

Hey man,

The calendar list is stored in a database (rather than preferences like everything else) so there is a separate preference to handle the calendar list per widget called "widget calendars independent" in the calendars preference branch. There are some instructions on the wiki that should help.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update Feb 2012: Agenda Widget 2.0 is just around the corner, check out the dev version now: http://www.androidagendawidget.com/development

Cool new features include Grid View, Quick actions for event clicks, Ultimate Todo support, Due Today support, more customization of the widget layout, easier to use preferences... Woohoo!

Agenda Widget is a highly customizable home screen widget which shows events from the Google and Touchdown and tasks from SSI gTask, Dato gTask, Google Task Organizer, Got To Do, Astrid, Ultimate Todo, Due Today, Calengoo, DTG GTD and Touchdown.

It has scrolling in ICS, Honeycomb and alternative Launchers such as ADW, Launcher Pro and anything else that supports launcher plus.
    attachment.php

The free version is fully featured with no time limits, soon I will be putting advertisements in the settings.

The plus version has a few exclusive features such as task list filtering, ability to modify the background color, a gridview display type and the ability to have tasks per widget

Finally:
    • If you like the app, rate it high in the market!
    • If you want to help translate I use myGengo String (tell me your language when you request an invite!)

Screenshots attached (some are mine, some are users)...
    Agenda Widget 2.0 is just around the corner, check out the dev version now: http://www.androidagendawidget.com/development

Cool new features include Grid View, Quick actions for event clicks, Ultimate Todo support, Due Today support, more customization of the widget layout, easier to use preferences...

Plus version should be on the market in the next few days, the free (Ad supported version) is going up sometime next week.

Enjoy the new screenshot's ~
    Help me keep bugs out of the market and test the latest RC of Agenda Widget! If you try it out, please report back how it went and if you are a new or existing user!

http://www.androidagendawidget.com/development
    Nice one man, let me know what you think
    Although TouchDown supports color for Tasks (by assigning a category), this color is not applied into Agenda Widget Plus (2.0.16).
    touchdown-"]uservoice post[/URL] aswell

I will try and fix all this up soon.

Now the widget wont refresh
    Won't refresh as in never shows data, or won't refresh as in auto update?