[Q] Problem with the Unlock Bootloader

Search This thread

Jamizzle93

Apr 26, 2012
Right, I hope I am not being a total noob with this but here goes.

I got my HTC One V today, I plan to unlock bootloader and root my device.

So, following the bootloader stages, blah blah blah (at HTCDev).
And then, I get this: (< waiting for device > )
(Attached image 1)

So, I done some research, and it seemed to narrow down to me not having the right drivers. So I've done some driver research and so on, and installed a few. I also installed HTC Sync.

And then I got to this, when the device is turned on and plugged in through USB:
(Attached image 2)

So, now I try to turn it off and enter the bootloader, follow the steps and so on, but I still get < waiting for device >. Also, if I got to device manager while in this mode I am presented with this:
(Attached image 3)

I have tried following some guides and steps to fix this but I'm getting nowhere.

Anyone think they could help me?

Attachments

• waiting.jpg
    waiting.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 1,741
  • myhtc.jpg
    myhtc.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,524
  • bootloader.jpg
    bootloader.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 1,222

Jamizzle93

Apr 26, 2012
when using fastboot or adb make sure you have adb drivers from android sdk and htc drivers from htc sync and also close htc sync in your tray.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2

I am almost certain I have the ADB drivers and the HTC Drivers from HTC Sync. Although I am not so sure about the HTC Sync drivers. I downloaded and installed the program and then I exited it when I try and fastboot.

My device manager now says this when I go into the bootloader on my HTC One V.
(attached image 1)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• newdevmanager.jpg
    newdevmanager.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 1,072

shubhamchamaria

Jan 28, 2011
Mumbai
HI..check ckpv5's post...it is the link to the thread he created to unlock the boot loader...if you need right drivers install htc sync.....

Then put in bootloader and let it install..then wait for it in fastboot....after all drivers have been installed it will work.....

BUT BEFORE THAT YOU HAVE TO DELETE THAT UNKNOWN DEVICE AND RE-CONNECT YOUR DEVICE..

Jamizzle93

Apr 26, 2012
HI..check ckpv5's post...it is the link to the thread he created to unlock the boot loader...if you need right drivers install htc sync.....

Then put in bootloader and let it install..then wait for it in fastboot....after all drivers have been installed it will work.....

BUT BEFORE THAT YOU HAVE TO DELETE THAT UNKNOWN DEVICE AND RE-CONNECT YOUR DEVICE..

I have followed that thread about 5/6 times but still get waiting for device.

Installed and reinstalled HTC Sync about 4 times.

The drivers appear to be on my computer, yet I'm still getting waiting for device.

shubhamchamaria

Jan 28, 2011
Mumbai
I have followed that thread about 5/6 times but still get waiting for device.

Installed and reinstalled HTC Sync about 4 times.

The drivers appear to be on my computer, yet I'm still getting waiting for device.

Pictorial representation for thee!!

attachment.php

EDIT: sorry i didnt read your post properly...most probably try installing sdk and the usb driver package that comes with it..i had it installed as it is very useful

Attachments

• newdevmanager.jpg
    newdevmanager.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 8,407

Jamizzle93

Apr 26, 2012
Pictorial representation for thee!!

attachment.php

EDIT: sorry i didnt read your post properly...most probably try installing sdk and the usb driver package that comes with it..i had it installed as it is very useful

I assume you mean this driver: (attached image 1).

Yeah, its installed. Also, if I try and install this driver in fastboot mode on the bootloader it says the driver cannot be found. (attached image 2 & 3).

Attachments

• driver.png
    driver.png
    68.7 KB · Views: 580
  • installdriver.png
    installdriver.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 524
  • unable.png
    unable.png
    42.8 KB · Views: 443

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
I assume you mean this driver: (attached image 1).

Yeah, its installed. Also, if I try and install this driver in fastboot mode on the bootloader it says the driver cannot be found. (attached image 2 & 3).

Try my files here: http://bit.ly/IwbRMu

It has Android SDK but the old version, you can skip that one if you want to.
It has Android USB driver and HTC usb driver. So on any unknown device, just point to the drivers folder and see whether it helps or not. After install, reboot your pc first.

Edit: It may be old version but it works great for my new Win7 PC at work that I receive today :)

Last edited:

Jamizzle93

Apr 26, 2012
Try my files here: (android tools)

It has Android SDK but the old version, you can skip that one if you want to.
It has Android USB driver and HTC usb driver. So on any unknown device, just point to the drivers folder and see whether it helps or not. After install, reboot your pc first.

Edit: It may be old version but it works great for my new Win7 PC at work that I receive today :)

Just to catch everyone up, following on from advice and images above I uninstalled the driver I had installed in this image (image 1).

I am now trying to reinstall a driver which will hopefully work and not give me a <waiting for device> message when trying to unlock the bootloader.

These files in Android Tools still don't seem to want to work, I am getting the following messages below: (images 2 and 3).

Also my hardware ID's are as follows: (image 4).

Attachments

• newdevmanager.jpg
    newdevmanager.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 315
  • installdriver.jpg
    installdriver.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 335
  • epicfail.jpg
    epicfail.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 289
  • hardwareids.png
    hardwareids.png
    33.1 KB · Views: 301

ckpv5

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 11, 2008
Kuala Lumpur
Just to catch everyone up, following on from advice and images above I uninstalled the driver I had installed in this image (image 1).

I am now trying to reinstall a driver which will hopefully work and not give me a <waiting for device> message when trying to unlock the bootloader.

These files in Android Tools still don't seem to want to work, I am getting the following messages below: (images 2 and 3).

Image 2, seems like you don't point to driver folder as it read:
C:\Users\James\Downloads\Android Tools

It should read: C:\Users\James\Downloads\Android Tools\HTC Driver\Driver Files\XP_x86

Reactions: Jamizzle93

Jamizzle93

Apr 26, 2012
I have finally got it to work, after ages of trying a number of different drivers I have found something which eventually returned a result. I now have my identifier token. :)

rohail009

Apr 16, 2013
Mumbai
I installed htc sync and drivers , was still stuck at waiting for device , uninstalled htc sync - still stuck right there any ideas ?? i got windows 8.1 , is that the problem by any chance ??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Image 2, seems like you don't point to driver folder as it read:
    C:\Users\James\Downloads\Android Tools

It should read: C:\Users\James\Downloads\Android Tools\HTC Driver\Driver Files\XP_x86