[CUSTOMIZATION] kwerdenker's Widgets and Screen Setups [Updated: 11.09.14]

Search This thread

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Probably the Zooper Forums
Header.png

A collection of my work with Zooper Widget Pro.
I hope you like my work and if you have any questions or problems, just post them and I'll try to help you out :)

You can also check out my collected work on mycolorscreen.com/kwerdenker

BlackUiInspirant
BlackUiInspirant

Black & White City
Black & White City

CondensedBlackBar
CondensedBlackBar

FlatBlue
FlatBlue

ClockFrame
ClockFrame

Brittle
Brittle

Flipp
Flipp

Serenity
Serenity

Airy
Airy Music Widget

Vertique
Vertique

InspiredByBeats
InspiredByBeats

WolfieMinimal
WolfieMinimal

Floating
Floating

Dash
Dash

SideLined
SideLined

ChangingLine
ChangingLine

GradientLine
GradientLine

KWER001
KWER001

Elysian Fields
Elysian Fields

KWER003
KWER003

ThreeCards
ThreeCards

GlassShade
GlassShade

Last edited:

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
BlackUiInspirant

BlackUiInspirant_Presentation_Small.png

On mycolorscreen

Preamble:
This was designed for the full screen of the Nexus 4, so it works best with a ROM that supports full-screen mode a.k.a. PIE. It should look ok with the status- and navbar but everything might get a bit small ;).

Requirements:
- A custom launcher like Apex, Nova, etc. For this tutorial I'll be using Apex
- Zooper Widget Pro
- Media Utilities
- BalckUiInspirant_by_kwerdenker_2_40.zip
- Tasker, if you want the settings panel

Step 0:
Install all necessary apps (if you haven't already). Enter Media Utilities after you have installed it, go into settings and check Zooper under the "Application integration" category and Make coverart available under "Experimental features at the bottom.

Step 1:
Download the zip to your phone, extract the content and put the *.zw files into /sdcard/ZooperWidget/Templates/.

Step 2:
Go into the settings of your custom launcher. Set the grid of your homescreen to 10x6 (10 rows, 6 columns). If it's supported by your launcher, you should also hide the dock. (Bonus: In Apex under "Dock settings", check "Dock as overlay" and under "Behavior Settings" set some gesture do "Toggle dock. This way you can put your app shortcuts into the dock and show/hide it via gesture)

Step 3:
On your homescreen, long press to bring up the menu and select Wallpapers, then choose Gallery and navigate to where you've extracted the zip file to. There select the wallpaper and resize the box to cover the whole screen. Finish with "Ok".

Step 4:
Long press again to bring up the menu, select Widgets->Zooper Widget Pro->7x2. Tap on the resulting widget, select "SD card" and then choose BlackUI_Clock. If you want, you can select "Widget OnTap Action" in the next screen and choose something you want launched when the widget is tapped. Your alarm app for instance. If you are done, just exit the setup screen by pressing the back key. The clock widget should now be on your screen. If not, wait a second and it should pop up. Now position the widget where you want it to be on your screen. On my screen, it sits right in middle :)

Step 5:
Add another widget, this time choose BlackUI_Music. Nothing to setup here, just exit the setup screen again and put it where you want it.

Step 6:
Another widget, this time choose BlackUI_Weather. Again, not much to setup. So back to the homescreen and position it.

Step 7:
Can you guess it? Right, another widget, BlackUI_Calendar this time. Before you exit this one though, you should select "Calendar to display" and check the calendars you want to display on this widget. You can also setup an OnTap action to open your calendar application if you want.

For everyone without tasker, this is as far as you gonna get. Sorry but Zooper currently does not support changing system settings by itself. For everyone else, here are the steps for the setting panel.

Step 8:
Put the ZW_Tasks.prj.xml in /sdcard/Tasker/projects/. Open Tasker, press the home icon, tap "Import" and then select the ZW_Tasks file. This should be all you have to do in Tasker.
If you can't see the file when trying to import it, make sure you have "Beginner Mode" unchecked in the settings of Tasker. Thanks to haelmchen for finding this.

Step 9:
Add a Zooper widget (7x2, like the others), select BlackUi_Settings and exit back to your homescreen. Try the WIFI toggle and see if it works.

And that's about it. Enjoy your new homescreen and if you have any questions (or just want to show off your setup), feel free to post to this thread :)

Last edited:

gallardo5

Apr 8, 2011
Glasgow
Your .zip file is missing a bitmaps from ZooperWidget/bitmaps folder, so it's impossible to apply:) but on screenshots it looks nica:)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

Reactions: kide71 and dioxx

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
Your .zip file is missing a bitmaps from ZooperWidget/bitmaps folder, so it's impossible to apply:) but on screenshots it looks nica:)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium

I just checked and everything needed (bitmaps, fonts, icons, etc) is in fact in the Zooper template files (.zw). You can only import those with the Pro version of Zooper though.

paulpoco

Oct 21, 2012
I just checked and everything needed (bitmaps, fonts, icons, etc) is in fact in the Zooper template files (.zw). You can only import those with the Pro version of Zooper though.

I have Pro and on Beta Zooper and have folder icons in the music one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
I have Pro and on Beta Zooper and have folder icons in the music one.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

On the music one?... Ah, damn. I missed a step in the tutorial! Sorry, my bad :( I will update it immediately. The missing step is:
Enter Media Utilities after you have installed it, go into settings and check Zooper under the "Application integration" category and Make coverart available under "Experimental features at the bottom.
After that the folder icon should be replaced by the actual album art and the music info should be updated when a song is played.

Again, sorry for missing that step. I'm probably just to just to used to this setup :eek:

Reactions: bobgeneric

TrOjAnUK

Sep 28, 2009
Essex

I am also getting the bitmap folder missing error...

Just paid for tasker and the zooper pro JUST to get the toggles.... any ideas ??

TrOjAn

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
I am also getting the bitmap folder missing error...

Just paid for tasker and the zooper pro JUST to get the toggles.... any ideas ??

TrOjAn

Is it on the settings panel or the music panel?
For the music panel I forgot a step in the tutorial:
Enter Media Utilities after you have installed it, go into settings and check Zooper under the "Application integration" category and Make coverart available under "Experimental features at the bottom.
Also you have to be part of the Zooper beta program for the album art to correctly work. The public release with that feature is expect for this weekend.

TrOjAnUK

Sep 28, 2009
Essex
Is it on the settings panel or the music panel?
For the music panel I forgot a step in the tutorial: Also you have to be part of the Zooper beta program for the album art to correctly work. The public release with that feature is expect for this weekend.

The music panel is not right either but I dont mind that as Im not planning on using it..

The settings panel is the one, I can add it but the icons are folders, when I toggle a setting the folder is there - ON or missing - OFF

TrOjAn

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
The music panel is not right either but I dont mind that as Im not planning on using it..

The settings panel is the one, I can add it but the icons are folders, when I toggle a setting the folder is there - ON or missing - OFF

TrOjAn

Ok this is really strange. I double-checked and the needed resources are in the .zw files. Let me re-export and re-upload everything. First time I worked with Zooper, might have done something wrong on my end.

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
OK mate, dont stress, Im not too bothered :)

TrOjAn

I checked the beta group for pointers and it seems I didn't read an important bullet-point on the last beta version announcement :eek: Basically because of some changes in handling of bitmaps, *all* templates created with the beta version are not compatible with the current market version. You'll have to wait until version 2.40 is released in the next two days.

I'll put a note next to the download until that happens. Sorry for the inconvenience.

haelmchen

Feb 7, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
You can´t add a 7x2 widget on a screen with only 6 columns.

How do I import this data into Tasker? Ok I fond the import button. But then i cant find the xml file. The folder where it should be, is empty

Last edited:

kwerdenker

Apr 1, 2010
You can´t add a 7x2 widget on a screen with only 6 columns.
On launchers like Apex or Nova that should work. Alternatively, since these widgets cover the whole width anyway you could just increase the column count to 7. Makes no difference for the widgets :)
How do I import this data into Tasker? Ok I fond the import button. But then i cant find the xml file. The folder where it should be, is empty
Did you copy it to the folder mentioned in the step? I sometimes had problems importing stuff in Tasker from other folders than it's own.

haelmchen

Feb 7, 2011
GB
meettomy.site
When the settings widget is finished, will it be possible to change some switches, e.g. sync to bluetooth?

edit: in your mycolorscreen profile you wrote you were using PA 3.96. Just to get any confusion out of the way, i´m sure you meant 3.69 ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: kwerdenker

xxxM4yh3Mxxx

Jan 12, 2012
Good Morning

Can this also work on a SGS 3? i tried to copy the BlackUiInspirant zip on the sd card but the b***ch wont let me also on my phone. Any Ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Header.png

A collection of my work with Zooper Widget Pro.
    I hope you like my work and if you have any questions or problems, just post them and I'll try to help you out :)

You can also check out my collected work on mycolorscreen.com/kwerdenker

BlackUiInspirant
    BlackUiInspirant

Black & White City
    Black & White City

CondensedBlackBar
    CondensedBlackBar

FlatBlue
    FlatBlue

ClockFrame
    ClockFrame

Brittle
    Brittle

Flipp
    Flipp

Serenity
    Serenity

Airy
    Airy Music Widget

Vertique
    Vertique

InspiredByBeats
    InspiredByBeats

WolfieMinimal
    WolfieMinimal

Floating
    Floating

Dash
    Dash

SideLined
    SideLined

ChangingLine
    ChangingLine

GradientLine
    GradientLine

KWER001
    KWER001

Elysian Fields
    Elysian Fields

KWER003
    KWER003

ThreeCards
    ThreeCards

GlassShade
    GlassShade

BlackUiInspirant

BlackUiInspirant_Presentation_Small.png

On mycolorscreen

Preamble:
    This was designed for the full screen of the Nexus 4, so it works best with a ROM that supports full-screen mode a.k.a. PIE. It should look ok with the status- and navbar but everything might get a bit small ;).

Requirements:
    - A custom launcher like Apex, Nova, etc. For this tutorial I'll be using Apex
    - Zooper Widget Pro
    - Media Utilities
    - BalckUiInspirant_by_kwerdenker_2_40.zip
    - Tasker, if you want the settings panel

Step 0:
    Install all necessary apps (if you haven't already). Enter Media Utilities after you have installed it, go into settings and check Zooper under the "Application integration" category and Make coverart available under "Experimental features at the bottom.

Step 1:
    Download the zip to your phone, extract the content and put the *.zw files into /sdcard/ZooperWidget/Templates/.

Step 2:
    Go into the settings of your custom launcher. Set the grid of your homescreen to 10x6 (10 rows, 6 columns). If it's supported by your launcher, you should also hide the dock. (Bonus: In Apex under "Dock settings", check "Dock as overlay" and under "Behavior Settings" set some gesture do "Toggle dock. This way you can put your app shortcuts into the dock and show/hide it via gesture)

Step 3:
    On your homescreen, long press to bring up the menu and select Wallpapers, then choose Gallery and navigate to where you've extracted the zip file to. There select the wallpaper and resize the box to cover the whole screen. Finish with "Ok".

Step 4:
    Long press again to bring up the menu, select Widgets->Zooper Widget Pro->7x2. Tap on the resulting widget, select "SD card" and then choose BlackUI_Clock. If you want, you can select "Widget OnTap Action" in the next screen and choose something you want launched when the widget is tapped. Your alarm app for instance. If you are done, just exit the setup screen by pressing the back key. The clock widget should now be on your screen. If not, wait a second and it should pop up. Now position the widget where you want it to be on your screen. On my screen, it sits right in middle :)

Step 5:
    Add another widget, this time choose BlackUI_Music. Nothing to setup here, just exit the setup screen again and put it where you want it.

Step 6:
    Another widget, this time choose BlackUI_Weather. Again, not much to setup. So back to the homescreen and position it.

Step 7:
    Can you guess it? Right, another widget, BlackUI_Calendar this time. Before you exit this one though, you should select "Calendar to display" and check the calendars you want to display on this widget. You can also setup an OnTap action to open your calendar application if you want.

For everyone without tasker, this is as far as you gonna get. Sorry but Zooper currently does not support changing system settings by itself. For everyone else, here are the steps for the setting panel.

Step 8:
    Put the ZW_Tasks.prj.xml in /sdcard/Tasker/projects/. Open Tasker, press the home icon, tap "Import" and then select the ZW_Tasks file. This should be all you have to do in Tasker.
    If you can't see the file when trying to import it, make sure you have "Beginner Mode" unchecked in the settings of Tasker. Thanks to haelmchen for finding this.

Step 9:
    Add a Zooper widget (7x2, like the others), select BlackUi_Settings and exit back to your homescreen. Try the WIFI toggle and see if it works.

And that's about it. Enjoy your new homescreen and if you have any questions (or just want to show off your setup), feel free to post to this thread :)
    Brittle Widget Collection

Brittle_Presentation_small.png

Here is the release of my widget pack "Brittle". These are simple, minimalistic widgets with a slightly glassy background. If you can think of a widget that should be made, post a comment and I will consider it.

For the Toggle action to work, you need to install the app that's available in the linked folder.
    For the music widgets you need to have Media Utilities (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.batescorp.notificationmediacontrols.alpha) installed. Time remaining and progress bar are currently beta features and are only available on versions 0.131 and up.

Download: http://goo.gl/ttyq94
    You can either download only single widgets from the Zooper Templates folder or download all of them as a zip.​

Also on mycolorscreen: http://mycolorscreen.com/2013/09/21/brittle-widget-pack/
    GradientLine

GradientLine.gif

Files: http://goo.gl/oCTJ3F
    The download link also contains an alternative version of the clock without the extended music infos :)

If you want to do me a favor, please not only click on the download link but also go on http://mycolorscreen.com/2014/03/09/gradientline/ and hit the love button! Thanks :)

Setup for Nova Launcher Prime, Popup Widget and immersive mode navbar only on a Nexus 4 (you might need to adapt for other launchers and screensizes):
    1 Screen
    Margins none
    Grid 10×6
    Resize all widgets, Widget Overlap and Overlap when placing options checked
    1. Download templates from link below and put them in /sdcard/ZooperWidget/Templates/
    2. Add Zooper Widget 6×2 to your screen and resize to 6×3; Tap on widget and load the GradientLine_Clock_Extended_6x3 template; make sure scaling is at least 100; exit to homescreen
    3. Add Zooper Widget 6×2 to your screen and place in the bottom most rows; Tap on widget and load the GradientLine_Dock_Background_6x2 template; make sure scaling is at least 100; exit to homescreen
    4. Enter Popup widget and create a new Zooper widget with these settings:
    Auto close – off
    Close by touch – on
    Animation – Fade in
    Speed – 400
    Effect – Accelerate-Decelerate
    Reflection effect – off
    Fit in screen – off
    Customized position – on
    Input Position – x 170, y 990
    Widget dimensions – x 618 y 120
    5. Place your favorite apps, shortcuts, etc in the bottom row on your screen, place the shortcut for the popup widget in the rightmost place. After you added the popup widget shortcut, click on it to open it, tap on the zooper widget and load the GradientLine_Music_Popup.zw template
    6. OPTIONAL: change icons for whatever you added to some from +Jeppe Foldager SmallWhites, available in his stash here: https://www.copy.com/s/DxsaXLatvBGf/Share
    Serenity

Serenity.gif

Link to the GIF for Tapatalk user: Serenity GIF