[Q] Which is the best rom for Sony Xperia SP (May 2014)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

perisaiyan

May 24, 2014
Greetings:

Recently I've acquired my Sony Xperia SP, and since then I've tried many roms available online. Until now, I'm not convinced with every one of them. Let me to tell my story step by step:

01. First I flashed my phone's kernel from .254 to .266 using Flashtool, and then I rooted it. Aparently, I did wrong the process and it bricked. Then again I flashed it again from stock rom and did it once again the rooting process successfully. Afterwards, I installed CWM Recovery.
02. The first rom I tried was PurEXPerience sirius 3.5.0 that I read it was based on Android 4.3 and I felt my phone well, but unfortunately failed the data mobile connection (I'm paying a 4G Mobile Service) and I tried and tried but I was unable to navegate using data mobile. Even inputting an access point manually; I didn't get the 4G network back.
03. Currently I'm using a flashed 4.3 Stock rom with root properties and triple recovery installed. Using Phil'z recovery mode, I did the basic wipes (Factory Reset, Cache, Dalvik), installed rom and SU update, and finally I flashed the baseband using Flashtool. The permomance now it's been quite strange. The 4G connectivity is back, but I felt the phone's perfomance too slow and it freezes time to time, specially using the Clean Master app. Even uninstalling some useless system apps, and I don't feel ay change at all.

I'm afraid that my phone won't be able to be as fast as I felt it using its original stock rom. Is there any suggestions about a rom available online, which could be fast, best performance and that I could get 4G connectivity without problems?

Thank you so much for your time.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.

Last edited:

wedgess

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
www.pac-rom.com
We do not allow best ROM/Kernel threads on XDA. The question is subjective, what's best for someone else may not be what is best for you. Best advice is to head over to the development section try some out and see which best suits your needs.

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.