[Q] Recovery Mode Wipe data/factory reset loops after a while. What to do?

Search This thread

johnajen

Dec 22, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
I experienced the infamous boot loop problem on my Nexus 5. I'm running stock android, and it started after the battery was depleted overnight - and after I recharged the phone.

First I tried to to just clear the cache in Recovery Mode. It went into a long loop where every other second a flash would appear on screen with the 'No Command' screen. I decided to abort that after 30 minutes and try a Wipe data/factory reset in recovery mode.

It seems to work fine in the beginning, but after a while it begins with the same loop, where it occasionally shows the 'No Command' screen.

Seems like there is broken hardware - or do you have any ideas what the reason may be and how to amend it?

Rip95

Aug 2, 2013
Try to reflash all stuff with google factory images and check if your problems still exist.

Last edited:

vin4yak

Mar 10, 2013
Mumbai
vinu.info
What do you mean by "It seems to work fine in the beginning"? You're able to boot into the OS? Could be a faulty/broken power button which might be causing the bootloop as well.

Anyways, as mentioned above, flash the factory images to rule out the possibility of a software issue.

Волк

Jan 7, 2012
San Diego
Nexus 9
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I would recommend unlocking your bootloader, flashing a custom recovery, doing a wipe with that and then flashing a stock nandroid.
If you aren't good with adb, and you don't have an OTG cable, I would look into how to flash the factory images from Google first, then once you're all set with that do the above.

johnajen

Dec 22, 2010
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thanks

Thanks guys. I decided that I would invoke my warrany from Google and get a new phone.

I hope someone else benefits from your suggestions, I would have if I didn't have my warranty... :)