My cingular 8525 with no vol.

Search This thread

eeric

Dec 4, 2006
I don't know why my 8525 all the sound goes off sometimes, including the screen tap sound! about twice a day, once i softreset, it back to normal. did anyone has this issue and how to fix it? thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

jcgoldy

Oct 2, 2006
fort wayne
i have a similar problem but my started after i dropped the phone. I have done a hard reset with no luck. I have to send mine back...its weird cause i can make calls and the vibrate works, but no sound or speakphone at all.

caltflap

Feb 2, 2007
I don't know why my 8525 all the sound goes off sometimes, including the screen tap sound! about twice a day, once i softreset, it back to normal. did anyone has this issue and how to fix it? thanks!

I've got the same issue. Reading other posts I'm coming to the conclusion it might be the memory card. I've pulled mine and will run without it for a while to see what happens. Would love though if someone else can shed any light on this. I'm about to go through a full memory erase and start from scratch until I find the offending program or utility doing this. I'm running Voice Command 1.5 and I'll push the button to activate it and I can tell it's trying because the "Notification" prompt appears, but it can't hear me apparently either. Very frustrating all the way around.

wwwes

May 11, 2005
me too

same problem here. i'm also running msvc 1.5. I seem to notice that this happens when I have been listening to wmp on the wired earbuds and kill it when I'm done. I've also seen some posts about memory card issues causing problems like this, but that seems strange to me.
pretty often I pull my 2gb card and put it in a card reader to run scandisk and defrag. this time I got 100 meg of dead files in found.000. was causing issues with/was caused by ie cache and wmp10 files on storage card.

njxbean

Feb 6, 2007
you know 2 days ago, i had this problem... and it was because i lowered the volume and didnt know. i know im slow. but anyway, i had this problem not hearing sound with my headset wired via usb. soft reset resolved. only happened once. hope it doesnt happen again.