Rumrunner S-OFF[4.3][HBOOT-1.55] IS HERE !!!

Search This thread

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
Last edited:

FlowingAway

Oct 21, 2007
Hey you early guys. If you downloaded it before say 9 AM Eastern this morning, discard it and download again. A minor adjustment was made and re-uploaded, now it's working perfectly. Just got mine done a couple minutes ago.

Reactions: sak211l

pandacookie

Sep 5, 2011
Quincy

So I get to be the first one with a problem? Why does that not surprise me?

Anyway, I've been trying all morning to get S-OFF. No luck. I have all the prerequisites; unlocked, etc. I made sure firewall and antivirus were disabled. The whole nine yards. I even went on OMJ's stock rom. I cannot get past the "go back and READ" status!

Maybe I'm just not meant to be S-OFF.

I tried on two computers: one with Win7 and one with Win8.1. Same results on both.

I'm at a loss.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Sloth

Inactive RC / Retired Forum Moderator
Apr 23, 2012
Xda-Dev,NV
So I get to be the first one with a problem? Why does that not surprise me?

Anyway, I've been trying all morning to get S-OFF. No luck. I have all the prerequisites; unlocked, etc. I made sure firewall and antivirus were disabled. The whole nine yards. I even went on OMJ's stock rom. I cannot get past the "go back and READ" status!

Maybe I'm just not meant to be S-OFF.

I tried on two computers: one with Win7 and one with Win8.1. Same results on both.

I'm at a loss.

Sounds like a driver problem
Stick with Win7 because 8.1 you will have issues with the drivers

Sent from my ElipticNexus7 :p

pandacookie

Sep 5, 2011
Quincy
Sounds like a driver problem
Stick with Win7 because 8.1 you will have issues with the drivers

Sent from my ElipticNexus7 :p

That's wild. Because Win7 gave me more issues than 8.1. I installed the HTC drivers in the thread here in this forum. And Win7 kept having install issues.

The computer with Win7 also has Ubuntu 12.04 installed as a dual boot. Maybe I should use Ubuntu.

FlowingAway

Oct 21, 2007
That's wild. Because Win7 gave me more issues than 8.1. I installed the HTC drivers in the thread here in this forum. And Win7 kept having install issues.

The computer with Win7 also has Ubuntu 12.04 installed as a dual boot. Maybe I should use Ubuntu.

pandacookie. i had that same message initially. i didn't realize it, but a little box was popping up on my phone asking me to authorize my computer to communicate with adb. if the screen has turned off it won't turn back on to show you that message, so i had no idea it was even asking me. i kept the screen on the next time and made sure to choose authorize and to always accept communications from that computer and everything worked perfect. i hope that helps you.

Reactions: pandacookie

pandacookie

Sep 5, 2011
Quincy
pandacookie. i had that same message initially. i didn't realize it, but a little box was popping up on my phone asking me to authorize my computer to communicate with adb. if the screen has turned off it won't turn back on to show you that message, so i had no idea it was even asking me. i kept the screen on the next time and made sure to choose authorize and to always accept communications from that computer and everything worked perfect. i hope that helps you.

Thank you so much for the help. But I did actually get S-OFF by using Ubuntu 12.04.

Word to the wise, people: doing this on Ubuntu is so much easier than wrestling with drivers and Windows. All you need to know are the commands, which is on the Rumrunner page.

Now excuse me while I go throw a brick at my Windows 8.1 computer...

Reactions: miggsr

FlowingAway

Oct 21, 2007
Thank you so much for the help. But I did actually get S-OFF by using Ubuntu 12.04.

Word to the wise, people: doing this on Ubuntu is so much easier than wrestling with drivers and Windows. All you need to know are the commands, which is on the Rumrunner page.

Now excuse me while I go throw a brick at my Windows 8.1 computer...

No doubt man. Ubuntu is definitely the way to go on this kind of thing. Glad you got it. Now that I'm S-OFF again, I think I'll RUU back to 1.29 or something just for the heck of it!

TriBeard

Feb 14, 2012
I was able to get S-OFF this morning running windows 8.1. Worked flawlessly which is beyond awesome

On windows 8.1 here too, and I can't get it to work. I assume the phone doesn't need to be in fastboot mode, just at the home screen with the needed options checked in settings, which I have done. However, running rumrunner doesn't get me anywhere, even with windows firewall and defender disabled. I can't seem to get ADB to work over USB either, but I've just been using an app from the market to do ADB over wifi (just been changing files and stuff, I know I can't use it for stuff like this).

If anyone could help that'd be awesome.

Top Liked Posts