WiFi problem

Search This thread

Johann12911

Feb 3, 2013
Okay, so I'm having a WiFi problem. We just got the Comcast arris modem/router combo, which I know isn't the best, but it was parents choice.. so I'm stuck. I get very slow WiFi speeds , .5 -4 mbps depending on closeness to router. My family and friends with other phones such as iPhones and galaxy phones are getting around 20mbps down. Things I have tried are - flashing WiFistock.zip fix, restarting router, changing channel on router, changing secruity type, disconnecting and reconnecting, restarting phone, I'm nof sure what else I can try.. I can't stream HD Video anymore and I used to watch a lot of it.. any idea and help would be appreciated , thanks in advance !

Sent from my HTC One using xda app-developers app

Johann12911

Feb 3, 2013
Could just be an upright router-phone problem. Phone gets full true speeds in other router coonnections. Don't see how my router could be working for others but not my HTC one.. maybe I'll just have to live with it :eek:

khandelwalsiddharth

Jul 23, 2011
Raleigh, North carolina
Okay, so I'm having a WiFi problem. We just got the Comcast arris modem/router combo, which I know isn't the best, but it was parents choice.. so I'm stuck. I get very slow WiFi speeds , .5 -4 mbps depending on closeness to router. My family and friends with other phones such as iPhones and galaxy phones are getting around 20mbps down. Things I have tried are - flashing WiFistock.zip fix, restarting router, changing channel on router, changing secruity type, disconnecting and reconnecting, restarting phone, I'm nof sure what else I can try.. I can't stream HD Video anymore and I used to watch a lot of it.. any idea and help would be appreciated , thanks in advance !

Change the DSN to global and try.

Johann12911

Feb 3, 2013
Still, the problem persists. I have done as much as I can think of. Maybe I'll call Comcast and ask for a software update if it's available, not sure what else to do.