Help spotting a clone

Search This thread

Quickvic30

Feb 28, 2013
Galaxy
So I found this s4 for sale for a reasonable price. There are no Samsung logos on the phone so that kind of worries me but the seller claims its a I9500 model. The phone really doesn't look deformed like most of the clones do so I'm kind of stumped. Can I go into settings then about device and look for clues to this phone being a clone? I only have these pics he posted in the ad. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• 00t0t_4hMUBkRVHVS_600x450.jpg
    00t0t_4hMUBkRVHVS_600x450.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 2,957
  • 00707_5MWBkYqtYR7_600x450.jpg
    00707_5MWBkYqtYR7_600x450.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 2,805
So I found this s4 for sale for a reasonable price. There are no Samsung logos on the phone so that kind of worries me but the seller claims its a I9500 model. The phone really doesn't look deformed like most of the clones do so I'm kind of stumped. Can I go into settings then about device and look for clues to this phone being a clone? I only have these pics he posted in the ad. What do you guys think?
Download System Info Droid from play store. It will tell you what processor it is. Most likely it will be a Mediatek SOC

Reactions: Quickvic30

maxsam4

Apr 2, 2012
New Delhi

Everything in the pics seems fine.
Check the "about device" from settings.
Another test can be done using the imei
visit http://www.imei.info/ for more info.

Reactions: Quickvic30

Quickvic30

Feb 28, 2013
Galaxy
Thanks guys! So if it is a unlocked international version will I be able to put my ATT sim in there and enter the ATT APN's and be set to go?

jaswinky

Jun 24, 2009
Thanks guys! So if it is a unlocked international version will I be able to put my ATT sim in there and enter the ATT APN's and be set to go?

If att frequencies are compatible to international standards frequencies, yes...

To be sure it is not a clon s4, once you have in your hands before paying, try to enter in download mode (switch off, and then press pwr+home+vol down simultaneity for some seconds), if it is original Samsung, will enter in odin or download mode. If nothing happens or it enter in a different mode (factory mode, etc), it is a clon.

Samsung logo could be missed because screen has been broken and replaced by a generic non Samsung screen. Check all touch responses are OK.

Enviado desde mi GT-P7510 usando Tapatalk 2

Quickvic30

Feb 28, 2013
Galaxy
Thanks for the input guys. I went to go get the phone and he pulled it out and I knew at first glance it was a cheap knock off, it sure as heck wasn't the phone in the pics above cause the bezel on the side of the screen was pretty thick and the home button wasn't centered in the bezel, it was more towards the bottom of the phone. The android OS version on the phone was 4.2.9? I love dealing with trying to buy used phones........bunch of crooked people out there that's for sure!

Sent from my SM-N900A

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download System Info Droid from play store. It will tell you what processor it is. Most likely it will be a Mediatek SOC

Everything in the pics seems fine.
    Check the "about device" from settings.
    Another test can be done using the imei
    visit http://www.imei.info/ for more info.