Using button backlights as notification light.

Search This thread

d4v0r

Jan 6, 2010

R3dD3vil

Jan 23, 2009
Bucharest
I was thinking bout knight rider... Like Kit!
use all the buttons illumination.

Imagine the light going from left to right, then back again!

So cool!

the kitt efect will be very veru cool, so cool I do not care about battery life, and with the 2300 mah extended battery that is no problem, and with the 440 mah power pack from just mobile, there is no problem at all.

dashrink

Apr 23, 2009
the kitt efect will be very veru cool, so cool I do not care about battery life, and with the 2300 mah extended battery that is no problem, and with the 440 mah power pack from just mobile, there is no problem at all.

Im glad that others like the idea too. Would be a nice showoff to my iphone friends!
Thats whats so sweet bout winmo and this community! Anything is possible!
Cant wait. Sittin & biting nails LOL.

NetRipper

Feb 27, 2006
's-Gravendeel
www.netripper.nl
Hey guys,

In the attached .zip are two executables:
LeoExtendedNotifications_sms_call.exe
- checks unread sms and missed calls
LeoExtendedNotifications_sms_call_mail.exe
- checks unread sms, missed calls and unread email

Please test the attached executable that you like. Put it on your device and run it. You'll get a notification when it is started. It remains active until started again (=exit) or reboot.

When released I'll probably integrate this with KeypadLedControl. As there are now some keypad on/off issues when KeypadLedControl is used at the same time.

Let me know if it works for you.

Attachments

• LeoExtendedNotifications.zip
    11.5 KB · Views: 9,344

Noam23

Feb 26, 2008
Hey guys,

Please test the attached executable that you like. Put it on your device and run it. You'll get a notification when it is started. It remains active until started again (=exit) or reboot.

When released I'll probably integrate this with KeypadLedControl. As there are now some keypad on/off issues when KeypadLedControl is used at the same time.

Checked it, and after a missed call the key lights are permanently on. This is no good, they should be blinking... (they do blink for like 3 seconds, but then stay on forever).

Edit:
Tried it again, now after a missed call it blinked for 2 times, then shut off permanently (the blinking continues only when I turn the device on, and blinking continues even if the device is then set off). I think something goes wrong when the device enters sleep mode, but only immediately after a call.

Last edited:

adeeb

Oct 31, 2006
Dubai
Works

Thank you for your effort, works on my HD2. its a wonderful idea.
Do you think the knight rider idea is possible? i don't know how the hardware is inside but the idea is super cool.

Bowhuntr11

Feb 6, 2010
First test for me and it runs great...just like it should... not having any problems like Noam..

Thanks Netripper!!!

NetRipper

Feb 27, 2006
's-Gravendeel
www.netripper.nl
Checked it, and after a missed call the key lights are permanently on. This is no good, they should be blinking... (they do blink for like 3 seconds, but then stay on forever).

Edit:
Tried it again, now after a missed call it blinked for 2 times, then shut off permanently (the blinking continues only when I turn the device on, and blinking continues even if the device is then set off). I think something goes wrong when the device enters sleep mode, but only immediately after a call.
What device are you using? Any specific ROM?

In your case it sounds like the software does not prevent your device from going into standby. This can be caused by software that doesn't handle the unattended mode properly. Maybe some other utility you installed is giving trouble. Try to clean up your \Windows\Startup and soft-reset, then try again.

saleh_iraq

Mar 4, 2007
Worked perfectly for me,but i'm interested to use this blinking for network connection or service indicator like my tytnII ,cuz top LEDs blinking for notifications but not for network. sometimes my devise is off and i can't recognized it's off or not ,but if it blink just one blink every 4 or 5 sec it's better.:rolleyes:
My rom is official 1.66

dashrink

Apr 23, 2009
Hey guys,

Thanx sir works great! Does it stop after some time?
Maybe u can make it stop after 15 mins?
Is the kit idea possible?

NetRipper

Feb 27, 2006
's-Gravendeel
www.netripper.nl
Thanx sir works great! Does it stop after some time?
Maybe u can make it stop after 15 mins?
Is the kit idea possible?
No it does not stop after a while. I think that defeats the purpose of notifying you ;) Battery drain isn't as bad as I thought it would be, so should be fine.

So far I haven't seen evidence that the kitt idea is possible. If it's possible we'll probably discover it when we write a driver for those keypad lights for linux (for the linux on HD2 project). If it's possible, I'll certainly try and do something nice to it for this app.

Lukasss

Dec 15, 2007
Antwerp
Google Pixel 7 Pro
NetRipper, would you/could you write a small config app, or save the config in the registry so we could set the blink interval/pattern? Are different patterns possible for missed call/e-mail/sms?

It's not necessary, but it would be nice to have...

Thnx again.

Lukas

DJKai

May 12, 2006
Sydney
Thanks NetRipper.. working fantastic here. I wonder if this could make the keypad leds defective over time...

sitaniace

Oct 19, 2008
netripper thank you

:Dmy respect to you to make this happend your a great developer and were glad to have your help:D:D:D

boomshaker

Sep 1, 2005
Runs Great on German EPSPhaetonROM,but without Infobox after Softreset it will nearly Perfect :-D

Thanks for that tool...