[TOOL] APK Multi-Tool previously called apk manager

Search This thread

raziel23x

Sep 19, 2010
Novi
apkmultitool.com
I am currently working on a major update to the apk manager application as well and changing the name to APK Multi-Tool with some new added features and also to fix some issues with some code errors.

I am also changing a lot of the features as well since a lot of the code has been outdated for a while.

I have compiled the latest Version of APKTOOL which is 1.4.2 snapshot

Updates done so far in this new upcoming release

Updated APKTOOL to the latest snapshot
I have downloaded the latest changes to the source and compiled the latest Version of APKTOOL which is 1.4.2 snapshot

Updated Android SDK TOOLS
I have updates all the android tools to the latest Version from the android SDK revision 13
Included tools:
zipalign
adb
aapt

Updated Sox
Downloaded the latest Source and compiled to update Sox

Replaced roptipng v0.6.3 with optipng v0.6.5
I have removed roptipng v0.6.3 and replaced it with the latest Version of optipng v0.6.5 which I freshly compiled from source as roptipng was just v0.6.3 and there has been some major bug fixes to optipng

Roptipng is bloated with no compression when compiled also the modifications made to optipng that the original Arthur of roptipng are pointless as all they do is add directory recursion, which is redundant.

If you are interested in recursion, use this with the original optipng:

for FILE in `find . | grep "\.png"`; do optipng "$FILE"; done

If you want to do it in windonkey , something like this

for /r %FILE in "*.png" do optipng "%FILE"

(note: reason for it being shorter in donkey mode is that the "for" command is a
*LOT* weaker -- it can only search through the filesystem whereas the unix command iterates through anything you throw at it, therefore we need the extra command to go out and do the search
).

New Added Features done so far in this new upcoming release

New Section to the command line

Batch Theme Image Transfer TOOL
Batch Theme Zipalign APK TOOL
Batch Theme optipng TOOL

These tools allow you to update/port your favorite theme pack from any rom to your Current Rom In use.

(Note: You do not have to worry about signing the apk files using this method as it is automated with the transfer Function)

This tool makes the process of transferring images from one APK to another APK File of the same file making it easier to update themes or even transferring a theme update.zip of one ROM to another Rom allowing the porting of theme to be much faster.
(Note: You will have to manually replace the progress_horizontals.xml from the framework-res since this file is needed with Theme Changes)

This tool makes it easier to Zipalign all the apk files in your newly ported/updated theme pack.

Batch Theme optipng TOOL
This tool optimizes all the images in all of the apk files for the toolset to allow you to be able improve compression of the images.

TO DO LIST

Add new feature to Randomly Generate a new Key File for signing the apk files after modifying and recompiling of the apk files this will also allow of uploading to the android market as this added feature will allow you to sign apk files that you may of compiled without signing beforehand.

Modify the Signapk script to be compatible with the Randomly Generation feature in the works

and a few other added features are in the works as I am redesigning the application and rewriting a lot of the code to fix issues as well as some of the new features have broken parts as some features have been moved and broken some command line prompts.

Last edited by a moderator:

dully79

Apr 29, 2010
res/drawable
droidcandy.weebly.com
Its nice to know this project is still alive.
A couple of suggestions:
To save the masses asking later on........
Add an option to install the required info into environment variables.

Maybe an option to install a registry edit to enable right click compile/ decompile. I created one myself, but I think you would do a better job
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=935967

Other than that it looks like a complete tool.
Thank you very much.:)

thegoo

Sep 10, 2011
Saint Paul
BUG: I noticed this in the APK Man. before. After decompiling..compiling etc then finishing up and trying to quit option '24' in 5.0 and '27' in APK Multi-tool, it echos the text for when your compiling and keeping orig. files.

"In the apk manager folder u'll find.." not letting you exit the program. I have to force close it.

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta
Anyway of being able to add in a command where you can create ur own private signing keys and an option to then sign ur apks with the private keys. I have a tutorial on how to make ur own and the commands to make and sign if ud like me to send it to u

raziel23x

Sep 19, 2010
Novi
apkmultitool.com
Alpha 02 is now out.

I completely redesigned the layout of the app so it is totally different so there is some learning to be done.

BUG: I noticed this in the APK Man. before. After decompiling..compiling etc then finishing up and trying to quit option '24' in 5.0 and '27' in APK Multi-tool, it echos the text for when your compiling and keeping orig. files.

"In the apk manager folder u'll find.." not letting you exit the program. I have to force close it.

I believe I fixed this bug now by adding a kill script to the exit

Anyway of being able to add in a command where you can create ur own private signing keys and an option to then sign ur apks with the private keys. I have a tutorial on how to make ur own and the commands to make and sign if ud like me to send it to u

the Private key gen script I am adding is a randomly key generator script I have done a while back and but sure feel free to send away

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta
http://db.tt/nD4dePl5

Here's a link to a rff file that is written up with cmd oaths on how to created a private key and then how to sign with it. The script would need to be written by u but with what uve been able to do I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem and IMO would be very useful

raziel23x

Sep 19, 2010
Novi
apkmultitool.com
http://db.tt/nD4dePl5

Here's a link to a rff file that is written up with cmd oaths on how to created a private key and then how to sign with it. The script would need to be written by u but with what uve been able to do I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem and IMO would be very useful

That way is overly complicated there is a way easier way

Code:
cd C:\openssl\Bin
set RANDFILE=.rnd
openssl genrsa -out key.x509.pem 2048
openssl req -new -key key.x509.pem -config “C:\OpenSSL\ssl\openssl.cnf” -out request.pem
openssl x509 -req -days 99999 -in request.pem -signkey key.x509.pem -out certificate.pem
openssl pkcs8 -topk8 -outform DER -in key.x509.pem -inform PEM -out key.pk8 -nocrypt

this will generate a key used for signing with a modified signer script which I use besides the one in the application as with this signing method requires a modifications from the

signer.bat
Code:
@echo off
if (%1)==(1) goto next
if (%1)==(2) goto log
COLOR 0A
echo Signing "%~n1"
java -Xmx%heapy%m -jar signapk.jar -w testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 "../place-apk-here-for-signing/%~n1%~x1" "../place-apk-here-for-signing/signed.apk"
del /S /Q "../place-apk-here-for-signing/%~n1%~x1" > nul
ren "../place-apk-here-for-signing/signed.apk" "%~n1%~x1"
goto quit
:next
COLOR 0C
cd ..
type log.txt
PAUSE
goto quit
:log
mode con:cols=24 lines=2
echo Leave this open for 10s
adb logcat >> adblog.txt
:quit

Papa Smurf151

Feb 24, 2010
Atlanta
That way is overly complicated there is a way easier way

Code:
cd C:\openssl\Bin
set RANDFILE=.rnd
openssl genrsa -out key.x509.pem 2048
openssl req -new -key key.x509.pem -config “C:\OpenSSL\ssl\openssl.cnf” -out request.pem
openssl x509 -req -days 99999 -in request.pem -signkey key.x509.pem -out certificate.pem
openssl pkcs8 -topk8 -outform DER -in key.x509.pem -inform PEM -out key.pk8 -nocrypt

this will generate a key used for signing with a modified signer script which I use besides the one in the application as with this signing method requires a modifications from the

signer.bat
Code:
@echo off
if (%1)==(1) goto next
if (%1)==(2) goto log
COLOR 0A
echo Signing "%~n1"
java -Xmx%heapy%m -jar signapk.jar -w testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 "../place-apk-here-for-signing/%~n1%~x1" "../place-apk-here-for-signing/signed.apk"
del /S /Q "../place-apk-here-for-signing/%~n1%~x1" > nul
ren "../place-apk-here-for-signing/signed.apk" "%~n1%~x1"
goto quit
:next
COLOR 0C
cd ..
type log.txt
PAUSE
goto quit
:log
mode con:cols=24 lines=2
echo Leave this open for 10s
adb logcat >> adblog.txt
:quit

U r correct but in my case I sign with my private keys to go into the market so when I make updates the key name can't be random or the market will not take it.

raziel23x

Sep 19, 2010
Novi
apkmultitool.com
U r correct but in my case I sign with my private keys to go into the market so when I make updates the key name can't be random or the market will not take it.

Well the script above was just a example script there will be some changes to it to tie the keys to the applications so that when you sign the apk files they will have a key assigned to them

ForeverSupra

Aug 3, 2011
I am getting this error, can anyone help?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
|Tue 10/18/2011 -- 14:48:48.53|
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
'mode' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
java version "1.6.0_27"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_27-b07)
Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 20.2-b06, mixed mode, sharing)
Could Not Find C:\Documents and Settings\WirelessZone\Desktop\Apk_Multi-Tool\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/signedSystemUI.apk
Could Not Find C:\Documents and Settings\WirelessZone\Desktop\Apk_Multi-Tool\place-apk-here-for-modding\../place-apk-here-for-modding/unsignedSystemUI.apk
I: Baksmaling...
I: Loading resource table...
I: Loaded.
I: Loading resource table from file: C:\Documents and Settings\WirelessZone\apktool\framework\1.apk
I: Loaded.
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=theme, value=0x010300a3
W: Could not decode attr value, using undecoded value instead: ns=android, name=theme, value=0x010300a3
I: Decoding file-resources...
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException: Coordinate out of bounds!
at sun.awt.image.ByteInterleavedRaster.setDataElements(ByteInterleavedRaster.java:529)
at java.awt.image.BufferedImage.setRGB(BufferedImage.java:971)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.Res9patchStreamDecoder.drawVLine(Res9patchStreamDecoder.java:99)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.Res9patchStreamDecoder.decode(Res9patchStreamDecoder.java:58)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResStreamDecoderContainer.decode(ResStreamDecoderContainer.java:34)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResFileDecoder.decode(ResFileDecoder.java:100)
at brut.androlib.res.decoder.ResFileDecoder.decode(ResFileDecoder.java:68)
at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.decode(AndrolibResources.java:132)
at brut.androlib.Androlib.decodeResourcesFull(Androlib.java:93)
at brut.androlib.ApkDecoder.decode(ApkDecoder.java:98)
at brut.apktool.Main.cmdDecode(Main.java:120)
at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:57)

I have my paths set up like this.
C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_27\bin;C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_27\jre\bin;C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk;C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools;C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\tools

If you can PM, perfect!

Last edited:

$omator

Dec 26, 2010
tri(p) city
www.facebook.com
ass you see latest update is from may while:

8-22-11 smali/baksmali v1.2.8 is out. This fixes a problematic bug that crept into 1.2.7

8-13-11 smali/baksmali v1.2.7 is out. This is a bugfix release, with a small additional feature (helper comments for synthetic access methods)

i think those 2 updates are not merged

raziel23x

Sep 19, 2010
Novi
apkmultitool.com
I am currently Forked all of Brut.all's Repositories into my github account that i setup for APK Multi-Tools.

I am currently looking over his code and making changes updating the Smali Code used with the APKtool updating it to the most updated version off of http://code.google.com/p/smali/ and hopefully I will have a more updated Alternative version of apktool

This thread here is more along the lines of for Development purposes and coding suggestions

For Releases and bug reports Visit this post
[Windows XP/VISTA/7][UTILITY][TOOL] APK Multi-Tool

Reactions: $omator

Rick S

Nov 2, 2010
First off, awesome job, thanks for this...I have one quick question... everytime I had ever gotten errors with this or even the apk manager 5.0.2 it was the same situation. I would, for example, be trying to decompile mms.apk and errors would occur. What solved this was to place my framework-res.apk in C:\Documents and Settings\Owner. This is where the apktool\ framework folder is located. I then had to open a command prompt and type apktool if framework-res.apk. That would place a 1.apk file in apktool\framework. Then using this or apk manager 5.0.2 would work flawlessly without errors. Is there any way to skip all that and create that 1.apk file using your setup before I decompile an app? I thought decompiling with dependency file would do it, but it always says that is not a dependee file. Any thoughts... sorry for the long post and thanks again.

Last edited:

baseballfanz

Oct 19, 2010
Sugar Land TX
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
Script.bat close after making any selections (Same as APKManager 5.0.2)
any help?
Code:
java version "1.6.0_25"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_25-b06)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.0-b11, mixed mode)
At was unexpected at this time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am currently working on a major update to the apk manager application as well and changing the name to APK Multi-Tool with some new added features and also to fix some issues with some code errors.

I am also changing a lot of the features as well since a lot of the code has been outdated for a while.

I have compiled the latest Version of APKTOOL which is 1.4.2 snapshot

Updates done so far in this new upcoming release

Updated APKTOOL to the latest snapshot
    I have downloaded the latest changes to the source and compiled the latest Version of APKTOOL which is 1.4.2 snapshot

Updated Android SDK TOOLS
    I have updates all the android tools to the latest Version from the android SDK revision 13
    Included tools:
    zipalign
    adb
    aapt

Updated Sox
    Downloaded the latest Source and compiled to update Sox

Replaced roptipng v0.6.3 with optipng v0.6.5
    I have removed roptipng v0.6.3 and replaced it with the latest Version of optipng v0.6.5 which I freshly compiled from source as roptipng was just v0.6.3 and there has been some major bug fixes to optipng

Roptipng is bloated with no compression when compiled also the modifications made to optipng that the original Arthur of roptipng are pointless as all they do is add directory recursion, which is redundant.

If you are interested in recursion, use this with the original optipng:

for FILE in `find . | grep "\.png"`; do optipng "$FILE"; done

If you want to do it in windonkey , something like this

for /r %FILE in "*.png" do optipng "%FILE"

(note: reason for it being shorter in donkey mode is that the "for" command is a
    *LOT* weaker -- it can only search through the filesystem whereas the unix command iterates through anything you throw at it, therefore we need the extra command to go out and do the search
    ).

New Added Features done so far in this new upcoming release

New Section to the command line

Batch Theme optipng TOOL

These tools allow you to update/port your favorite theme pack from any rom to your Current Rom In use.

(Note: You do not have to worry about signing the apk files using this method as it is automated with the transfer Function)

This tool makes the process of transferring images from one APK to another APK File of the same file making it easier to update themes or even transferring a theme update.zip of one ROM to another Rom allowing the porting of theme to be much faster.
    (Note: You will have to manually replace the progress_horizontals.xml from the framework-res since this file is needed with Theme Changes)

This tool makes it easier to Zipalign all the apk files in your newly ported/updated theme pack.

Batch Theme optipng TOOL
    This tool optimizes all the images in all of the apk files for the toolset to allow you to be able improve compression of the images.

TO DO LIST

Add new feature to Randomly Generate a new Key File for signing the apk files after modifying and recompiling of the apk files this will also allow of uploading to the android market as this added feature will allow you to sign apk files that you may of compiled without signing beforehand.

Modify the Signapk script to be compatible with the Randomly Generation feature in the works

and a few other added features are in the works as I am redesigning the application and rewriting a lot of the code to fix issues as well as some of the new features have broken parts as some features have been moved and broken some command line prompts.
    Well I gotten a copy of the original roptipng src and I am working on making a patch from that source with the original optippng src that was used and will perhaps modify the patch once created to intergrate into the new 6.5 src

I am hoping this will prove to be a success so that I will not have to do some extra steps and also if the patching once complete and successful should also help with updating roptipng in the future

Sent from my DROID using xda premium
    Well right now 9patch requires the sdk but the next alpha release will have 9patch intergrated which will allow faster editing and less requirements as I aM working on making this application as self contained as possible

Sent from my DROID using xda premium
    I have released a Alpha Build of the APK Mulit-Tool on the main website feel free to test out the application and remember some features may be broken
    I am currently Forked all of Brut.all's Repositories into my github account that i setup for APK Multi-Tools.

I am currently looking over his code and making changes updating the Smali Code used with the APKtool updating it to the most updated version off of http://code.google.com/p/smali/ and hopefully I will have a more updated Alternative version of apktool

This thread here is more along the lines of for Development purposes and coding suggestions

For Releases and bug reports Visit this post
    [Windows XP/VISTA/7][UTILITY][TOOL] APK Multi-Tool