[q] lg g2 ota update stuck!!!

Search This thread
Feb 10, 2014
Fremont
Heres my situation. I have TWRP Custom Recovery installed on my rooted g2. Tonight my phone decided to automatically take the OTA update for sprint, and i was stock booting to twrp. I powered off the device and tried to boot it back up, but it went straight to twrp. SO i decided to restore a back up i had. Did that, after it was done, rebooted. and it still came back to twrp. IN a panic, i went to wipe, and did a factory reset. Which completely wiped everything, obviously, including my backups. So now im stuck with a phone booting into twrp and not being able to do anything. I just want stock firmware, no root and back to stock recovery. As you can tell, im pretty new to this.

Someone pleaseeee help me!!!

tdevaughn

Oct 31, 2010
Davidson, NC
No, they will all fail. Never ever take otas when rooted. Once you have reverted to stock and rerooted then load custom rom or delete the update files so this never happens again

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CxanDroid

Aug 14, 2010
Nick, did you resolve this? I'm in the same boat, but by a different path.

I wanted to flash a zip, the cwm I had installed failed to flash it, so I decided to use flashify to flash Philz modded CWM, since then, I can only boot to recovery.
On hind-sight, there was an update threatening to install..
I can only boot into recovery, can't seem to get into download mode. Cant sideload, as ADB does not recognize.

Stock rooted D80010d on ATT D800