[Q] Flashing Rom on a Verizon HTC One Max with sense 6 OTA

Search This thread

snapz54

Mar 25, 2009
los angeles
I have a Verizon One Max with the latest OTA, completely stock, and I'd like to flash a custom rom. I don't care if I lose fingerprint scanner and I'd love to be able to have the ability to return to full stock if I ever need to return the phone to Verizon. I assume that the latest OTA has broken or at least stalled current methods to unlock, root, etc.

Can someone please tell me if an existing method still works and if so, point me in the right direction or give step by step if you have the time?

I've had Samsung phones for the longest time and the process was so dead simple, I feel a little bit over my head with this HTC phone even though I love the look and feel of the phone itself. Thank you for your help in advance if you have the time.

snapz54

Mar 25, 2009
los angeles
As of right now there's no method yet for the OTA version of 6 sense were waiting patiently..

Thank you very much, I'll do the same. Would you mind telling me some names, if we have them, of the most active HTC One devs that might push these solutions if they are able to crack big red's locks? I'd love to be able to follow the posts of these devs to learn as much as I can as we await the breakthrough.

waco2hot33

Mar 13, 2010
Baltimore
Thank you very much, I'll do the same. Would you mind telling me some names, if we have them, of the most active HTC One devs that might push these solutions if they are able to crack big red's locks? I'd love to be able to follow the posts of these devs to learn as much as I can as we await the breakthrough.
@Flyhalf205/ dottat they have the nusense 6 rom thread….and @Vinchenzop has the viper rom thread

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Both are extraordinary Developers can't go wrong with either

snapz54

Mar 25, 2009
los angeles
Awesome! Would you mind outlining a quick step by step of how you found success or pointing me to a thread that outlined the journey from stock to flashed? As I mentioned, I was well versed in the (admittedly simple) process of flashing samsung phones, but since the switch to HTC it feels like another language.

Thanks for the confirmation thafrogggg and thanks for the tip thay!

snapz54

Mar 25, 2009
los angeles
This feels like the place! http://theroot.ninja/

Excited to get started!

Just to document here if anyone else is coming to this thread as lost as I was:

1. go to the URL above and download sunshine.apk (made by jcase)
2. run the apk and it does EVERYTHING (you don't need to unlock, root, etc) There is a catch though, this costs $25 one time fee through paypal in app and the license is locked to your individual phone.
3. If you reverse the process (which can be done easily according to jcase) you can redo it later, but only on the same phone.
4. The APK leaves you with S-Off on most every HTC device it seems (good news is, it won't let you pay unless it knows that it can help you)
5. The whole things takes less than 10 minutes from what I've seen and then you need to flash a custom recovery, kernel, rom, etc.

I'm not involved with the thing, but it seems to be an awesome solution.

Going to give it a shot now.