[Q] How to root new sensation xe ICS update

Search This thread

faxel

Jul 24, 2009
Fainu
yesterday i bought new sensation xe with latest ics update. Hboot v 1.27
Is there any way to root my phone?
or how can i downgrade Hboot verson?(1.27 is not included in revolutionary.io)
or is there any way to go back to GB to root?

plz help. :confused:

namila007

Jan 4, 2011
kurunegala
OnePlus 9
as i know you have to wait.there is no rooting/soff for new ics update.

ps;- can you flash stock GB ruu ? o_O if then you can go back to gb and soff using revolutionary

Guggenn

Jan 9, 2011
Root

Maybe this will help? blogotechblog.com/2012/04/how-to-root-htc-sensationsensation-xe-running-ice-cream-sandwich/[/url]

namila007

Jan 4, 2011
kurunegala
OnePlus 9
yesterday i bought new sensation xe with latest ics update. Hboot v 1.27
Is there any way to root my phone?
or how can i downgrade Hboot verson?(1.27 is not included in revolutionary.io)
or is there any way to go back to GB to root?

plz help. :confused:

found that you cant downgrade to gb rom. so you hve to wait :x

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using XDA

faxel

Jul 24, 2009
Fainu
so sad. I have seen devs are making sense 4 roms. but still I have nothing to do...
does any one know when I can root???

craven667

May 11, 2011
Not yet you can't but I think they released one today but not tested by the masses so best you can do us wait so you don't crash your phone

Sent from my Sensation 4G using xda premium

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
so sad. I have seen devs are making sense 4 roms. but still I have nothing to do...

You are talking about sense 4 roms but asking for root:confused:
You can't just flash sense4 roms...just because you have root access..
If you mean getting SOFF which will render you to flash roms then ..its not possible for you right now..but there is an alternative ...but that alternative costs you your warranty(most probably)..
So decision is yours...
I recommend you to stay stock as of now if you got loads of warranty left

sent from my blazing fast pyramid through sonic waves

Reactions: faxel

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad
hey can I use HTC super tool to root my sensation xe with hboot 1.27??

I heard of this...it contains tacoroot which is a temporary root but I heard its unstable and it only gives root access in adb..shell which wont be helpful in your case

faxel

Jul 24, 2009
Fainu
I heard of this...it contains tacoroot which is a temporary root but I heard its unstable and it only gives root access in adb..shell which wont be helpful in your case

thank you for ur answer.I heard that revolutionary .io has stopped support for sensation, is that true?

hariadi

Apr 12, 2011
Cyberjaya
Successful root method. XE OTA ICS

1. Unlock with HTC Dev
2. Download recovery-5.0.2.0-pyramid.img and flash using fastboot flash recovery rec....img
3. Download and install Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip using CWM.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA

Reactions: diperakui

faxel

Jul 24, 2009
Fainu
I have no root access and I know I have 0ne year warranty. BUT I want to root my phone and install custom roms like sense 4 roms... I dont want warranty any more. If this one damaged, than i will buy new one. Most important reason for buying this sensation is to root and enjoy with custom roms... I previously used desire which is rooted, but that is too old to install latest roms, thats why I bought sensation. so please kindly inform me If got any information about rooting my phone (1.27.00)new

diperakui

Apr 22, 2012
I have no root access and I know I have 0ne year warranty. BUT I want to root my phone and install custom roms like sense 4 roms... I dont want warranty any more. If this one damaged, than i will buy new one. Most important reason for buying this sensation is to root and enjoy with custom roms... I previously used desire which is rooted, but that is too old to install latest roms, thats why I bought sensation. so please kindly inform me If got any information about rooting my phone (1.27.00)new

Same situation with you and do method below and working!

*** UNLOCK ***
Sensation XE S-ON
Hboot 1.27.0000

1. Unlock with HTC Dev
2. Download recovery-5.0.2.0-pyramid.img and flash using fastboot flash recovery rec....img
3. Download and install Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip using CWM

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad

First of all don't confuse with getting "rooted" ..getting rooted will only give you complete access to your ROM..like literally doing anything with any app..also you can control your device completely.

All the custom Roms comes with root access..(see....... this root is actually part of Rom)

For you to flash custom Rom ..you essentially need unlocked bootloader...(having SOFF was mandatory earlier..but HTC started giving unlocked bootloader at the cost of your warranty..so you can Still install custom roms also sense 4 roms)

As you are fine with your warranty getting void

1. You need to unlock your bootloader from HTC dev site..(this is where you may void your warranty)

2.Then you need to flash a custom recovery..i highly recommend 4EXT recovery latest(1.0.0.5) which has smartflash mode(exclusive SON mode)
Get the recovery from this thread..http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1377759..

Flashing recovery has never been this easy...just download the recovery updater and install ..your recovery through an apk:cool: just don't forget to say "yes" when asked whether you are SON during installing the recovery..

3. Then after recovery is done...just download your custom ROM..keep it on root of sdcard...and flash it (by following the steps provided in OP of your custom Rom thread)

faxel

Jul 24, 2009
Fainu
thank you all

thank you all for kind hep. Now I am going to try.... lets see :cool:
but i couldnt find my device on HTCdev.com sensation xe asia tw

Last edited:

ganeshp

Mar 15, 2012
Hyderabad

Soff for 1.27 is possible now...
But it requires HTC unlocked bootloader and root access...so first get the above things done...i.e. unlocked bootloader and recovery done...then you can do root thing from recovery...step 3 from this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1192300

Then follow steps from this guide to soff your device
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1611981

Njoy

faxel

Jul 24, 2009
Fainu
But it requires HTC unlocked bootloader and root access...so first get the above things done...i.e. unlocked bootloader and recovery done...then you can do root thing from recovery...step 3 from this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1192300

Njoy

I couldnt watch the video becox of slow network. so my question is when we have
to Wire Trick,? at the start or at the end? thats step 10?

manu2121

Dec 7, 2011
I am really confused

Njoy

I got impresion in this forum that "everything" is very simple but isn't. I have a HTC Sensation classic unlocked by htcdev with s-on and hboot 1.27 buyed from UK but I can't root it. Everybody explain that rooting is very easy but is not like 1 to 3 step :) . I put a "recovery" img wich let me to navigate to recovery from bootloader but when I select recovery...nothing happing ( like flashing super user.zip or other thing) just after a while is restarting. For me the bootloader unlocked from htcdev means NOTHING just a sicksea. All the respect for the guys wich are searching new modes to unlock.

faxel

Jul 24, 2009
Fainu
I got impresion in this forum that "everything" is very simple but isn't. I have a HTC Sensation classic unlocked by htcdev with s-on and hboot 1.27 buyed from UK but I can't root it. Everybody explain that rooting is very easy but is not like 1 to 3 step :) . I put a "recovery" img wich let me to navigate to recovery from bootloader but when I select recovery...nothing happing ( like flashing super user.zip or other thing) just after a while is restarting. For me the bootloader unlocked from htcdev means NOTHING just a sicksea. All the respect for the guys wich are searching new modes to unlock.
if u unlocked, than its simple.
next u have to flash recovery using adb
than install su v.3+ v2 and below does not work for me. bit above v 3 is working,,
now its done.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

You are talking about sense 4 roms but asking for root:confused:
    You can't just flash sense4 roms...just because you have root access..
    If you mean getting SOFF which will render you to flash roms then ..its not possible for you right now..but there is an alternative ...but that alternative costs you your warranty(most probably)..
    So decision is yours...
    I recommend you to stay stock as of now if you got loads of warranty left

hey can I use HTC super tool to root my sensation xe with hboot 1.27??

1. Unlock with HTC Dev
    3. Download and install Superuser-3.0.7-efghi-signed.zip using CWM.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using XDA

Njoy