[ROM] |4/21/2012| |ReloadedROM™| |CM9 Reloaded v1.2H| |Kindle Fire| |Kernel 3.0|

Search This thread

mordrukk

Apr 5, 2012
wifi issue

Has anyone else had wifi connection problems after flashing 1.2h?

The rom loads fine, but my wifi network only says "saved" and never obtains an IP address, so I keep having to restore my 1.2 backup which connects without issue. Wondering if there is a trick to get my network to connect properly, as I'd like to test the rom with hwa support.

Solid-Dado

Mar 30, 2012
Has anyone else had wifi connection problems after flashing 1.2h?

The rom loads fine, but my wifi network only says "saved" and never obtains an IP address, so I keep having to restore my 1.2 backup which connects without issue. Wondering if there is a trick to get my network to connect properly, as I'd like to test the rom with hwa support.

I have the same issue since I've installed the new Kernel, hope will be solved, maybe I have to change my router...
A noob question: when Hashcode release the new kernel's version(n 7), is it possible to flsh it, or we have to wait that BiteBlaze release the new Rom version?

mordrukk

Apr 5, 2012
I have the same issue since I've installed the new Kernel, hope will be solved, maybe I have to change my router...
A noob question: when Hashcode release the new kernel's version(n 7), is it possible to flsh it, or we have to wait that BiteBlaze release the new Rom version?

I read that the 1.2h version supports the 3.0 device tree, meaning you should be able to flash new kernel versions yourself, without an updated reloaded rom.

uoY_redruM

May 1, 2010
Longwood, FL
I defaulted to the latest FFF and latest TWRP and still when I try to flash this ROM or Hashcode's, I get "FAILED" in red text. Before I reverted to the latest FFF (from dual-boot) it would just simply reset TWRP every time I tried to flash it.

I've made sure I'm in normal bootmode and everything. I can't seem to flash anything all of a sudden..

EDIT-

I can't flash ANY ROM files now. Hmm. It worked just fine before, not sure where this is coming from..

n0tsane

Jan 9, 2011
Spokane
First things first, thank you BiteBlaze for creating rom and those developers working on the 3.0 kernel.

I wanted to mention that I use MAC address filtering on my WiFi router and after installing 1.2H with the 3.0 kernel my KF MAC address changed. I have installed several roms on my phone and KF and I've never had the MAC address just change like that. I only noticed this because after trying to setup WiFi the settings would see my router, but only show Saved next to it and not actually connect. After adding the new MAC address to the filter everything worked great.

As for the WiFi problem with the kernel and only being able to connect once, I figured out that I could use an app called Juice Defender on the Extreme setting and it would allow me to temporary enable WiFi when I need it and I don't need to reboot the KF. Just thought I would point that out.

mrl515

Apr 1, 2012
Tuscaloosa
Hey,

Thanks so much BiteBlaze and all Reloaded ROM team for developing such an awesome ROM for the KF. Can't wait to see 1.3 come out, and keep up the good work. Also, good luck with the AOKP ROM. I'm still more of a CM9 guy myself, but I wish you the best of luck with AOKP as well, just don't forget us haha.

mordrukk

Apr 5, 2012
First things first, thank you BiteBlaze for creating rom and those developers working on the 3.0 kernel.

I wanted to mention that I use MAC address filtering on my WiFi router and after installing 1.2H with the 3.0 kernel my KF MAC address changed. I have installed several roms on my phone and KF and I've never had the MAC address just change like that. I only noticed this because after trying to setup WiFi the settings would see my router, but only show Saved next to it and not actually connect. After adding the new MAC address to the filter everything worked great.

As for the WiFi problem with the kernel and only being able to connect once, I figured out that I could use an app called Juice Defender on the Extreme setting and it would allow me to temporary enable WiFi when I need it and I don't need to reboot the KF. Just thought I would point that out.

I had suspected this as the cause of my wifi problem, but dismissed that idea as I thought the mac address was fixed at the hardware level, and never changed for a network adapter. I'll try flashing again, and note if in fact my mac address changes, as I also use mac filtering.

EDIT: Confirmed, mac address changed. Updated my mac filter list and 1.2h is running well.

Last edited:

n0tsane

Jan 9, 2011
Spokane
I also thought the MAC was pulled from the hardware, but maybe the new kernel has a problem getting this data and generated it's own MAC as a work around. Hopefully it's not hard coded so that everyone using this kernel now has the same MAC.

lovejoy777

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 30, 2011
Nottingham
I've installed the rom 1,2H but the usb storage doesn't work: Do I have to do something?

you should see a wierd battery icon in notifications if you select it, it says something about sim cards, just ignore text and select option to connect.

do you have these options?

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using xda premium

artur0588

Apr 1, 2012
Kharkiv
It's a seems best CM9 ROM for Kindle Fire. With kernel 3.0 full HD video play very nice like in stock ROM. Most games also running, failure Reptige GP crash before launch, why?
LCD Timing has been corrected to match stock Amazon kernel ** THIS MAY HELP WITH BANDING -- PLEASE LET ME KNOW**
I have flashed 04-22: KERNEL.ZIP #7 and found still BANDING when unlock display. Wi-Fi turn on/off no problem.
By the way, is there any solution how to change mock_location value and set to 1 instead of 0? Settings.db not allowed me make any changes by Sql editor, it says that DB is locked.
I have changed value of mock_location to 1 but some application still ask me enable Wi-Fi location in settings but it's already enabled, can you try fix it on your next update?

Last edited:

Aesrys

Apr 5, 2012
I also thought the MAC was pulled from the hardware, but maybe the new kernel has a problem getting this data and generated it's own MAC as a work around. Hopefully it's not hard coded so that everyone using this kernel now has the same MAC.

From what I read in the 3.0 Kernel dev thread, the latest #7 kernel will generate a random MAC address (basically spoofing) for each Kindle (it's not pulling the hardware one) rather than assigning each machine the same MAC. Several people posted that they needed to restart their router in order for their Kindles to connect. Hope this helps someone.

robinang

Aug 26, 2007
From what I read in the 3.0 Kernel dev thread, the latest #7 kernel will generate a random MAC address (basically spoofing) for each Kindle (it's not pulling the hardware one) rather than assigning each machine the same MAC. Several people posted that they needed to restart their router in order for their Kindles to connect. Hope this helps someone.

Try checking on your kindle's date time....
Mine was unable to connect to google play when the datetime is set to year 2000

mdaa83

Mar 31, 2011
Skimming through this and the development thread, I have found one message related to the one non Kernel related issue that I see but I didn't see (or completely missed) any reply so far.

Whenever a notification displays it's not really readable and seems to mee to be missing a background graphic (it was described as checkered). I haven't seen this in the other ROMs using the 3.0 kernel. Is this a problem affecting most people or have I missed something somewhere?

Last edited:

umash4

Apr 22, 2012
Doesn't shutdown completely

The kindle doesn't shutdown completely when you do short-press of the button and select shutdown from the menu. The lcd still glows. I saw a few of us ask this question, but did not see a response other than the workaround of vlong button press shutdown. Any better ideas or fixes?

I have the latest cm9 1.2H rom and hashcode's kernel #7 flashed.

Last edited:

Hashcode

Senior Recognized Developer
Sep 3, 2011
The kindle doesn't shutdown completely when you do short-press of the button and select shutdown from the menu. The lcd still glows. I saw a few of us ask this question, but did not see a response other than the workaround of vlong button press shutdown. Any better ideas or fixes?

Its a kernel issue that I'm actively troubleshooting (it might be the last big bug actually).

Sent from my XT894 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    20572262.jpg

This will be a thread where people can give feedback on my rom for the KF. I was requested to create this because some people can not post in the development section yet. Please give positive feedback as well as constructive criticism in this thread. Also, you can make requests for features. Thank you guys for all of the support and I hope that everyone can express their opinion about CM9 Reloaded on the KF.

Cheers, everyone!

Original Development thread found here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1563171
    Thanks everyone. I hope that in the future this from can become even more stable.

~ BiteBlaze via HTC Sensation

Its a kernel issue that I'm actively troubleshooting (it might be the last big bug actually).

Sent from my XT894 using XDA
    The other issue is Netflix. The application itself works, I can browse titles and stuff, but no videos play. I click play and nothing. No error or anything, just nothing. Will 1.3 fix this?

There is a build.prop fix you can do to get this working without 1.3. :) To fix it, use RootExplorer (or any other file manager with root permissions) and locate your build.prop file. Find the line that says ro.product.model, and change the value from "Kindle Fire" to "Amazon Kindle Fire". Save it, and reboot. This will fix it.

If you haven't done this before, shoot me a pm and I'll try to walk you through it. :)
    Fantastic

Just flashed this and it works so well! I feel like i finally have a fully fictional android tablet!

Just out of curiosity; Why haven't you made this available via a bit-torrent download (with web seeds)? It would solve the bandwidth issue i noticed you had when you first released this.

Keep up the fantastic work!