[ICS][AOKP/Gummy/CNA/CM9 Kang] Discussion Thread

Search This thread

TomTcom

Mar 27, 2011
I'm writing this thread so that users don't think M5 or any of the ROM's this thread pertains to is the cause of not sending MMS (pics, video, etc.) who use third party messaging apps such as Handcent and GO SMS Pro.

I am using Verizon Samsung Fascinate running the M5 AOPK ROM and using Handcent messaging app.

1. In stock messaging app, only check the option for auto-retrieve for MMS messages.
a. after you confirm the initial steps work then feel free to play with whatever else you want such as delivery reports and roaming auto-retrieve etc.

2. Go to your messaging app. I'm using Handcent so my options will be different but the essence is the same unless of course you use Handcent. Go to settings and application settings. Select Default Messaging application and choose SMS.

3. Go to Send Message Settings and deselect Auto Convert to MMS. Also select Maximum MMS Size and choose default of (1M).

4. Go to Receive Settings and deselect Auto Retrieve (Under MMS, this is controlled by stock messaging app).

That's it! Again, feel free to play around with anything above but just know the ROM is NOT at fault. Hope this helps.

AuroEdge

Dec 17, 2010
For those that haven't already I recommend installing Nova Launcher and removing Apex Launcher (use Titanium Backup). No idea if it's just bloated or if there's a memory leak somewhere, but you'll be back to the performance you're used to

sarkozy

Feb 8, 2011
Is anyone else having trouble with the weather lately? It started bugging out on me and its persisted with B34 and M5. For whatever reason it won't pull the info for about half of the places I'm at daily (I travel in a 100 mile radius), including here at home now. Manually entering the location is hit or miss. I'm thinking it's a problem with Yahoo since the last time I checked AOKP pulls info from there.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Hypnosis4U2NV

Nov 23, 2010
New York City
Installed AOKP ICS Milestone 5 yesterday and everything was good till my battery ran dry today.. Now I keep getting the CWM Recovery Boot Loop when I power the phone.. Any idea how I can get out of this or why it happened?

shelby04861

Aug 28, 2011
I figured u would add to the list of people noticing apex usage. It is definitely using a lot more than it used to. I was going to just wait it out to see what they make happen.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

XxStechxX

May 1, 2011
ND
Just wondering if anyone else noticed. if your wifi & data are on when you reboot. You have to toggle wifi off in order to turn off data. But once you do can toggle both then? Doesn't bother just being observant.

[3.1.10_IcyGlitch_V14-B6-I500][CM9] April 24th

Hypnosis4U2NV

Nov 23, 2010
New York City
So far I am not impressed with my AOKP experience.. Just followed the unbrick instructions to get out of that CWM boot loop after the phone ran dry on battery power.. Got everything installed and running and the phone goes into the sleep of death.. Pull the battery and boot up again.. Now I don't have data.. Tried data on/off, airplane mode on/off, wifi on/on, rebooted and nothing..

Arggghh..

ssewk2x

Oct 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
So far I am not impressed with my AOKP experience.. Just followed the unbrick instructions to get out of that CWM boot loop after the phone ran dry on battery power.. Got everything installed and running and the phone goes into the sleep of death.. Pull the battery and boot up again.. Now I don't have data.. Tried data on/off, airplane mode on/off, wifi on/on, rebooted and nothing..

Arggghh..

It sounds like you are going to want to go the "odin back to stock and start over" route. Be sure you flash the old THS build 2 over stock and let it boot up once before you flash aokp, too. I did this recently, and it was worth it.

Reactions: Hypnosis4U2NV

Jay Evans

May 17, 2011
York, PA
I did this recently, and it was worth it.

The first time installed Glitched AOKP (33?) from GB SC3 it gave me fits. ODINed back to stock, rooted and reflashed. Still seemed to have a few minor hiccups.

So I backed up all my data off my SD card to PC and formatted it. ODINed back, rooted, and flashed Glitched AOKP again. It's been running superbly ever since.

That worked for me but YMMV.

neh4pres

Nov 22, 2010
its built in glitch kernel...use terminal to access it. For the bazillionth time :p............type this below and make sure to hit enter after each entry:

"su"
"callboost enable"

enter these numbers

This will give you a good starting point...

Thanks for giving a good starting point.. This is OP material

Sent from my SCH-I500 using xda premium

ssewk2x

Oct 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
OnePlus 8T
Google Pixel 8 Pro
its built in glitch kernel...use terminal to access it. For the bazillionth time :p............type this below and make sure to hit enter after each entry:

"su"
"callboost enable"

enter these numbers

You know, if enough people have great success with those numbers, i might consider building them in as the kernel defaults...what do you all think?

Hypnosis4U2NV

Nov 23, 2010
New York City

"su"
"callboost enable"

enter these numbers

Thanks bro.. I was spoiled for a while with the KGB kernel.. I see nothing changed much besides the actual decibel settings.. Will give them a shot..

Sent from my Commodore 64..
READY.
load"*",8,1

Reactions: ssewk2x

droidstyle

Inactive Recognized Contributor
May 7, 2011
Fort Wayne
You know, if enough people have great success with those numbers, i might consider building them in as the kernel defaults...what do you all think?

most definately...every person that i had a convesation with using speakerphone since the call boost tweak could not tell a difference between earpiece or speaker. that tells me its a huge improvement because before people would be instantly complain about the echo.

Hypnosis4U2NV

Nov 23, 2010
New York City
Ahh, that brings back memories .. the C64 was the first computer I ever programmed on. :)

10 "BACK WHEN THE BLUE SCREEN DIDN'T MEAN DEATH BUT LIFE"
20 "BEFORE INTERNET AS WE KNOW IT, BBS'S WERE OUR FORUMS"
30 "THE BEST GAMES PLAYED ON A PC OF IT'S TIME"
40 "I MISS THOSE DAYS AND THE CONNECTION AND BUSY SIGNALS OF MY 1200 BAUD MODEM"
50 END
SAVE"OLD SKOOL",8,1

Sent from my Commodore 64..
READY.
load"*",8,1

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1336072243552.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1336072243552.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 79
Reactions: ssewk2x

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

"su"
    "callboost enable"

enter these numbers

I must say that steve and team glitch are really doing amazing things on this device!!! The latest bigmem test.zip is freaking amazing to say the least..what little lag I was experiencing is now a thing of the past with 200+mb of ram free. I dont remember this much ram being available since powerwash froyo days. GOOD JOB FELLAS!!!!
    Long live the fascinate!
    Long live Team Glitch!

Sent from my Glitched AOKP Unicorn.
    As a work-around for the Torch issue, download an app called Tiny Flashlight + LED from the market. Here's a link that I think will work: https://market.android.com/details?...1bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5kZXZ1bmkuZmxhc2hsaWdodCJd

It's top-notch. The strobe functionality and morse code stuff even works, which is a first on my Fascinate at least. I'll probably stick with this over the in-ROM torch app unless the latter starts working and knocks my socks off.
    thanks for the info
    yeah its a TW based rom and I have no idea what i'm getting into... how would i go about flashing? is there voodoo (or that doesnt work for these roms?)

No..there isn't a voodoo lag-fix...not needed....as these roms use ext4 as thier default filesystem, not the rfs that Samsung uses in touchwiz..there is voodoo sound support in the kernel...

Coming from touchwiz..it is a bit tricky....This rom must be flashed from the correct Recovery...meaning, u will need to ODIN the proper recvery, then flash the THS Buid 2, then this rom(and the glitch kernel and g-apps, if u want).

i recall some instructions being posted somewhere...but I need to do some digging around...unless some one else wants to post some...

EDIT:

Install:
    Use CMW fixed for CM7 ODIN.TAR or CMW.ZIP
    Flash the above mentioned recovery...
    Boot into recovery
    wipe Data
    Flash THS Build 2
    reboot recovery
    wipe data in CWM
    install AOKP rom
    install gapps
    instal glitch kernel(optional)
    reboot

Download THS build 2 and the AOKP rom and the CWM zip..put on sd card...you should be fine flashing the recovery zip in your current recovery...then selecting the option to reboot to recovery..u should then be in the new recovery u just flashed...then continue with the steps..

I believe this will work fine....be warned...I flashed ICS form CM7...so have a full ODIN file available in-case something messes up and u need to revert to stock or what ever and start again...FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    AOKP Milestone 4 Download

I am not sure why the official mirrors are down....hoping the rom wasn't pulled or something and it's just a server failure....so I am posting a link to download the rom from my dropbox..(hope that is ok)..don't want to get myself in-trouble....I will remove it if Stephen.k.spear (the OP of the rom) tells me too.

AOKP M4 Fascinate: GET IT HERE