CM10 Development for Kindle Fire HD 7"

Search This thread

hamidwt

Oct 11, 2012
Waiting patiently to get rid of fire os...

Me too! But I'm losing it, in my country internet has been censored and since you cant connect to vpn server via kfhd,this device is somehow useless when it comes to using the internet. i was considering selling my kfhd and buying another tablet but in this price range, none of them has a good display or sound for that matter. So i guess we are stuck with it and we just have to wait.

P30SiNa

Feb 22, 2012
Tehran
nourian.info
Me too! But I'm losing it, in my country internet has been censored and since you cant connect to vpn server via kfhd,this device is somehow useless when it comes to using the internet. i was considering selling my kfhd and buying another tablet but in this price range, none of them has a good display or sound for that matter. So i guess we are stuck with it and we just have to wait.

I know how you feel bro. I need vpn so bad but kindle doesn't support vpn. And with all these censorship and filtering, internet is useless without a vpn.
I'm waiting patiently for CM10 :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Reactions: hamidwt

Melodycd

Jul 13, 2012
I tryed TunnelBear and it was working fine. This is VPN app. I even checked it out now, and confirm it. Its working.

Droid DNA

degiovab

Dec 22, 2011
CM10 as a TWRP-loadable ZIP

Now that we have TWRP working on KFHD7, would it be possible to get Reverend Kyle's ROM in form of a ZIP that we can flash and test (after a good nandroid backup) ?
Anybody managed to load the alpha CM10 with TWRP?

reverendkjr

Nov 7, 2009
Cincinnati, OH
www.youtube.com
Now that we have TWRP working on KFHD7, would it be possible to get Reverend Kyle's ROM in form of a ZIP that we can flash and test (after a good nandroid backup) ?
Anybody managed to load the alpha CM10 with TWRP?

You actually DON'T want to do that. My ROM is based on a different kernel/bootloader, and if you DO try to flash my ROM with TWRP, it will break what Hashcode has built for us. I would recommend waiting until Hashcode gets the kernel for cm10.1 built and we can make new ROMs with that.

degiovab

Dec 22, 2011
If you DO try to flash my ROM with TWRP, it will break what Hashcode has built for us. I would recommend waiting until Hashcode gets the kernel for cm10.1 built and we can make new ROMs with that.

Good to know... I was actually going to try and "fastboot flash system revboot.img -i 0x1949" keeping the current boot and recovery.
I would have probably bricked the whole thing.
Patiently waiting then (and in the meantime enjoying Kinology).
Thanks!

Jester6

Feb 28, 2012
Saskatchewan
I actually did try it some time ago before kinology came out, the only thing that happened was the install gave an error and quit before flashing anything. It may be as simple as repackaging the ROM but I can't confirm that as I haven't felt the need to try.

Edit: The rom is flashable now, boots and works just fine, seems to have issue with saving anything to the internal memory, though downloading and running anything from the play store works great, will look into this some more.

Last edited:

xxxo

Dec 26, 2011
I actually did try it some time ago before kinology came out, the only thing that happened was the install gave an error and quit before flashing anything. It may be as simple as repackaging the ROM but I can't confirm that as I haven't felt the need to try.

Edit: The rom is flashable now, boots and works just fine, seems to have issue with saving anything to the internal memory, though downloading and running anything from the play store works great, will look into this some more.[/QUOT

Path to sdcard changed to sdcard0 in jellybean ,did you flash it with twrp ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Greetings all...

You may be aware that verygreen is working on CM10 development for the 8.9" Kindle Fire HD. I am also working on getting this working on the Kindle Fire HD 7".

What works:

-Almost nothing so far. I can get past the bootloader and CWM will run (Thanks, verygreen!), but the CM10 ROM still needs to be developed further. I can flash it, and it appears to complete, but nothing comes up on the screen.

Trust me, this will be a slow process, but it IS BEING WORKED ON!

I will post any progress that I make.

::UPDATES::

[12/4] I now have screen working. :)
    [12/5] Boots fully, but no touchscreen and the resolution appears to be wrong. (see image below.)

kfhd7cm10.jpg

[12/7] Touchscreen now works, but is off by 90 degrees.

[12/8] Basic functionality appears to be working now.
    Wifi works, and screen and softkeys are all working now too.

Check out the video:

[12/10] 210 seems to be the magic DPI number for this device. Thanks to all of you who suggested that.

[12/18] Link to instructions on how to install revrom_alpha1:
    http://www.reverendkyle.com/index.php/articles/177-how-to-install-cm10-alpha-on-kindle-fire-hd-7

Stay tuned...
    Not to de-rail, this thread anymore, but a very nice XDA user has shipped me his KFireHD7. Specifically to finish the kernel updates which would bring the 7 up to speed with the 8.9.

I am still quite busy but at least it's just a matter of time now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    I know it's taking a while for me to get a 7" HD build done; sorry for the loooong delay.

I'm fighting 1 kernel bug with display, and once that's fixed you guys will be caught up to the HD 8.9" cm10.1 build.

Which is now very usable with sound.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
    I'm going to post my stuff within the next day or two.
    Please don't fret folks, there will be progress.

Hashcode has helped me get his CM10.1 2nd-bootloader incorporated into my current ROM, plus there are others who are working on the kernel.

Be on the lookout for a new video from me.... soon ™.