[Q] 3G connection but no calls/sms working (Solved)

Search This thread

samadroid

Nov 25, 2010
Hi everybody,

I have been forced to open this thread because of a curious and, as It seems by the searches I made, quite rare problem affecting the network capability of my GT-i9100.

Basically, the phone won't make calls nor send sms (saying that It is "not registered on network"), but at the same time It will be perfectly capable of connecting to the internet (browsing the web, navigating the Playstore, using Whatsapp, ecc..) through 3G network.
Looking in Settings>About device>Status, It shows to be regularly connected to my mobile carrier, even though "Service state" is "Out of service".
Even if I try to manually select the network operator from Settings>Mobile Networks It says "Unable to connect".

I've first tried to verify the carrier network functioning by moving the sim card to another phone (which works perfectly) then, thinking It was fault of the Cyanogenmod I was running (cm-10.1-20130728-NIGHTLY-i9100), I've brought the phone back to complete stock (PDA: I9100XWLSW,
CSC: I9100ITVLS2, MODEM: I9100XXMS3) and made a full wipe, without any positive results.

At this stage I have to say I'm getting a bit put out and, having to fly abroad in two days, desperate for solutions. Any idea?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-31-01-16-57.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-31-01-16-57.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 173
  • Screenshot_2013-07-31-01-17-50.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-31-01-17-50.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 150
  • Screenshot_2013-07-31-01-17-26.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-31-01-17-26.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
Check apns and imei mate common fault after flashing things is loss of imei. Have a look. Reset apns and see if it works. Next question...did you Bk up your efs Folder? If not lets hope your imei is ok:cool:

samadroid

Nov 25, 2010
Check apns and imei mate common fault after flashing things is loss of imei. Have a look. Reset apns and see if it works. Next question...did you Bk up your efs Folder? If not lets hope your imei is ok:cool:

Tried to reset apn settings but no results. Checked the Imei and It displays the number you see in the attachment, but I don't know if it's any different from the original.
As for the EFS folder, I've got a copy of It in my sdcard. I guess it counts as backup. But are you suggesting to restore it?

I can't still understand how, if there is something wrong with network settings, I can't make nor receive calls and messages but I can normally use my data plan to connect to the Internet and follow this thread from my Galaxy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-31-09-04-47.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-07-31-09-04-47.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 172

andrewwright

Feb 19, 2013
east
What you have is the test imei from samsung. Restore it pls. With test imei 00000bla bla you can use data but no calls or texs which is what is happening to you. Some country networks let you make calls with this imei. But not yours. Can I ask what network and country your from. Just for my info :D:thumbup:

Reactions: samadroid

samadroid

Nov 25, 2010
What you have is the test imei from samsung. Restore it pls. With test imei 00000bla bla you can use data but no calls or texs which is what is happening to you. Some country networks let you make calls with this imei. But not yours. Can I ask what network and country your from. Just for my info :D:thumbup:

"I TIM" network from Italy. I'm gonna try and let you know the hesit. Thanks for your time :)

samadroid

Nov 25, 2010
That's It :victory: I've just copied and pasted the original EFS folder into root, wiped cache and rebooted the phone; and It works flawlessly.
Thanks a lot for your kind help :D

Reactions: DirtySanch99

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    That's It :victory: I've just copied and pasted the original EFS folder into root, wiped cache and rebooted the phone; and It works flawlessly.
    Thanks a lot for your kind help :D