downgrade GT-i9505

Search This thread

mohabmoka

Feb 21, 2013
GIZA
hello there .. i want to downgrade my GT-i9505 from 4.3 to 4.2.2 .. i downloaded 4.2.2 sotck rom and tried to flash it with odin but it gives me the error attached :S .. i dont have knox , i tried to flash custom rom and then flashed the stock rom again and the same error .. i checked drives and samsung kies .. odin version : 1.85 .. what should i do ! help me plllz

Attachments

• 1414687_1482767181948424_403523453_n.jpg
    1414687_1482767181948424_403523453_n.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 380

Painman1963

Mar 14, 2012
Bristol
If you'd done a quick search either here or on Google you would have found that once you'd flashed the 4.3 Rom complete with bootloader there is no going back. Suggest you maybe read a little more before you Flash next time to be sure it's the outcome that you want

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

VaderSS

Nov 10, 2011
Fairfield, CA
If you'd done a quick search either here or on Google you would have found that once you'd flashed the 4.3 Rom complete with bootloader there is no going back. Suggest you maybe read a little more before you Flash next time to be sure it's the outcome that you want

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I did a quick google search for "Android 4.3 S4 issues" before I flashed my OTA update. Nothing about a locked bootloader made headlines. I figured, like with every other flash I've ever done, I could roll it back if I needed to. I was wrong. I feel like we are entering a new era.

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
i have the same problem too...
did you solve it? how you do?
Why the people dont read? IT ISN'T POSSIBLE DOWNGRADE ANDROID 4.3 or 4.4.2 IF U FLASHED IT THROUGH OTA, KIES 3 OR ODIN. I posted this 12983748324793274892374899234 million times and u can find more of 20428349238948394 threads opened talking about too in XDA :silly:

Last edited:

ironhulk

Sep 20, 2013
Why the people dont read? IT ISN'T POSSIBLE DOWNGRADE ANDROID 4.3 IF U FLASHED IT THROUGH OTA, KIES 3 OR ODIN. I posted this 12983748324793274892374899234 million times and u can find more of 20428349238948394 threads opened talking about too in XDA :silly:

Actually I already did downgrading 4.4.2 to 4.3 and 4.2 and it's totally working but my only problem is the wifi and wifi Hotspot is not functioning..
Do you have an idea how to resolve it?
Thanks.. Much appreciated..

Joku1981

Jun 4, 2012
Actually I already did downgrading 4.4.2 to 4.3 and 4.2 and it's totally working but my only problem is the wifi and wifi Hotspot is not functioning..
I'm just saying it's not possible without getting many problems (no wifi, no network, no sound, drain battery, random reboots, etc...). New bootloader of android 4.4.2 have incredible restrictions (so much more than 4.3). Samsung dont want we downgrade.

*EDIT: The solution for ur problem is easy: Flash again android 4.4.2 KitKat :highfive:

Reactions: ironhulk

ironhulk

Sep 20, 2013
I'm just saying it's not possible without getting many problems (no wifi, no network, no sound, drain battery, random reboots, etc...). New bootloader of android 4.4.2 have incredible restrictions (so much more than 4.3). Samsung dont want we downgrade.

*EDIT: The solution for ur problem is easy: Flash again android 4.4.2 KitKat :highfive:

Yeah.. Thanks..

vpwrf

Nov 23, 2011
England

You might be able to fix WiFi by changing ro.securestorage.support to false in build prop. Let me know whether or not this works.

Repulsa

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Nov 3, 2010
Your Mom's crib

Flash kt kernel mate for 4.3 :) , Ived seen someone downgrade hes device and uses kt kernel to fix wifi.

I'm sorry, where can I find that changes?
Where I can locate ro.securestorage.support?
How will I find and edit it?
Thanks..

Root explorer > System > Build.prop >Open in text editor > Edit > save > Reboot > done!

Last edited:
Reactions: ironhulk

ironhulk

Sep 20, 2013
Flash kt kernel mate for 4.3 :) , Ived seen someone downgrade hes device and uses kt kernel to fix wifi.

Root explorer > System > Build.prop >Open in text editor > Edit > save > Reboot > done!

I tried to rename it but still i doesn't work..
i found a modem for fixing wifi and now its working after i flash it..
go to this site... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192025
Very Helpful..

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

hello there .. i want to downgrade my GT-i9505 from 4.3 to 4.2.2 .. i downloaded 4.2.2 sotck rom and tried to flash it with odin but it gives me the error attached :S .. i dont have knox , i tried to flash custom rom and then flashed the stock rom again and the same error .. i checked drives and samsung kies .. odin version : 1.85 .. what should i do ! help me plllz

I already found the answer to this problem and its working..
go to this forum and search for your modem and flash it..
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2192025

Reactions: fikxa

mohabmoka

Feb 21, 2013
GIZA
Very Helpful..

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

thanks man ! ^_^

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

I'm sorry, where can I find that changes?
    Where I can locate ro.securestorage.support?
    How will I find and edit it?
    Thanks..

Very Helpful..