Warranty with US LG

Search This thread

Sfkn2

Feb 10, 2009
Seattle, WA
Hello.

I'm having issues with my knock on not working. After researching some on the forum, I realized it was because I have a dead spot near the top of my screen. Today, my phone was doing some phantom touches.

Immediately, I initiated an RMA. I read that LG repair has a really negative review. Has anyone else sent in their phones for warranty repair?

Also: phone has never been dropped or scraped, and is in perfect condition otherwise.

Sent from my Nexus 4, while driving in my Evo9.

Sfkn2

Feb 10, 2009
Seattle, WA
I'm pretty surprised to know that no one has done an RMA with LG.

Sfkn2

Feb 10, 2009
Seattle, WA
If anyone cares, I've sent in my phone, and it has been received by LG in Fort Worth.

Sfkn2

Feb 10, 2009
Seattle, WA
Today is the fifth day since they have received my phone. I called to get an update, and was told that the technician is still working on it, but has not provided any updates. I was advised that they have a five to seven business day turnaround. I think they may be missing that turnaround time at this point.

Will update when they provide any info. At this point, they are still unsure whether warranty will cover my screen issues (dead spot, phantom touches, knock on is dead). Stock phone, nothing modified.

Sfkn2

Feb 10, 2009
Seattle, WA
LG tracking shows that unit is being sent back to me.

I'm not quite sure if the phone is going to be in working order yet.

Wish me luck, because I have read a lot of reviews saying that the phones were never actually repaired m

hd2_iFan

Jun 11, 2012
LG tracking shows that unit is being sent back to me.

I'm not quite sure if the phone is going to be in working order yet.

Wish me luck, because I have read a lot of reviews saying that the phones were never actually repaired m

Let us know whether they fixed it or not.

Sfkn2

Feb 10, 2009
Seattle, WA
Finally received my phone today, on a Saturday with FedEx Home Delivery service.

Took the phone out of the box it came out, and immediately noticed additional IMEI stickers on the back of the device. The device came very dirty on the back, with stickers around the case. I thought they had sent me a refurb, especially when the scratches that I had on the main screen were not there.

I matched the IMEI with the one that came with the original box, and it seems to match.

They replaced the proximity sensor and 'updated software'. I still don't have knock code, however.

Customer service has been horrible, especially since they have absolutely no contact with the service people. CS knew absolutely nothing about the repairs.

Edit: Functions of the phone have returned to normal.

Last edited:

lazer77

I developed the same issues with mine a couple days ago. Always in a case, never dropped. Dead spots near the top, no knock on. Gonna try to get it replaced by ATT first, otherwise will have to do rma through LG.

Basically, that whole bar is a dead spot.

Sent from my LG-D800

Attachments

• 1402802871858.jpg
    1402802871858.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 287

Sfkn2

Feb 10, 2009
Seattle, WA
I developed the same issues with mine a couple days ago. Always in a case, never dropped. Dead spots near the top, no knock on. Gonna try to get it replaced by ATT first, otherwise will have to do rma through LG.

Basically, that whole bar is a dead spot.

Sent from my LG-D800
Good luck.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

sureshhc

Feb 13, 2012
My phone has exact same issue. Same location as you have shown. I should be getting another unit from T-Mobile today. Any idea if this a software issue or hardware?

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app