[Q] Battery Issues - baseband_xmm_power wakelock

Search This thread

ash0803

Jan 23, 2014
Hi and thanks for reading.

I have the issue where the baseband xmm power wakelock keeps my phone from sleeping much at all. I have read so many threads and information on this but still am not any wiser.

This happened on stock as well as CM 10.2 and Viper X 4.0.6 which I am on now. As soon as I disable wifi even without rebooting the wakelock massively reduces. To reproduce this issue all I have to do is turn off the screen and the wakelock counter will go up. As an interesting point when I do disable it the deleted wakelocks show a very high number in BBS but my battery life is tons better.

I have tried all the normal things like disabling/uninstalling/factory resetting. Am I correct in believing this is to do with the kernel or wifi driver? If so which do you suggest I try or what can I do about it. I don't think it is my router as it happens at both work and at home.

Any advice appreciated. This has taken up so much of my time and is so frustrating.

Thanks

ash0803

Jan 23, 2014
bump.. any help appreciated

I have the issue where the baseband xmm power wakelock keeps my phone from sleeping much at all. I have read so many threads and information on this but still am not any wiser.

This happened on stock as well as CM 10.2 and Viper X 4.0.6 which I am on now. As soon as I disable wifi even without rebooting the wakelock massively reduces. To reproduce this issue all I have to do is turn off the screen and the wakelock counter will go up. As an interesting point when I do disable it the deleted wakelocks show a very high number in BBS but my battery life is tons better.

I have tried all the normal things like disabling/uninstalling/factory resetting. Am I correct in believing this is to do with the kernel or wifi driver? If so which do you suggest I try or what can I do about it. I don't think it is my router as it happens at both work and at home.

Any advice appreciated. This has taken up so much of my time and is so frustrating.

Thanks

Bobbi lim

Dec 22, 2012
Singapore

Thanks

This has been discussed quite a few times already. It has something to do with network.
All I can suggest to you is that set the network to manual so that it won't be having so much wakelock on your phone. That's all I can suggest or go for a 4.4 rom and select manual network and the wakelock never appear (for me) :p

ash0803

Jan 23, 2014
This has been discussed quite a few times already. It has something to do with network.
All I can suggest to you is that set the network to manual so that it won't be having so much wakelock on your phone. That's all I can suggest or go for a 4.4 rom and select manual network and the wakelock never appear (for me) :p

Thanks for your reply. Manually selecting a network doesn't seem to do anything for me. Is there a 4.4 rom you could recommend me? And any specific kernel?

Cheers again