How to backup the Prime without root..

Search This thread

bimbobo

Jan 15, 2012
I am on WW 21, Titanium Backup is installed, but since I lost the root after the last update, Titanium no longer works and I cannot re-root.

I would like to make a factory reset of the Prime and not to lose my installed programs.

What should I use to do that. The Prime is not unlocked.
Is there a simple app that can make a backup of my apps.

Regards

buxtahuda

Feb 4, 2011
Cleveland, MS
I am on WW 21, Titanium Backup is installed, but since I lost the root after the last update, Titanium no longer works and I cannot re-root.

I would like to make a factory reset of the Prime and not to lose my installed programs.

Regards

Google is your friend!

Could use the included AppBackup from ASUS. I'm pretty sure MyBackup Pro does not require root and will back up nearly everything you would want to. Be sure to move any music/photos/whatever to an external mSD/SD card as well.

Reactions: bimbobo

Jan 24, 2012
Zürich
@bimbobobo
I wonder where all your problems come from ..:rolleyes:

Easy find:
adb.exe backup-all.

That should do.

And you missed the forum as well, I woonder where all your problems come from..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Last edited:

bimbobo

Jan 15, 2012
@bimbobobo

Easy find:
adb.exe backup-all.

That should do.

And you missed the forum as well, I woonder where all your problems come from..:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have no issues in this case, just wanna make a reset and not reinstall my apps, wifi and all the rest

I tried adb.exe and followed the guide in this forum, but I could not find out.

I would like a tool that take a clone of my Prime's stuff and save on an external HDD or directly on the SD Card I have.

Maybe I am not nerd enough to find out :p

Jan 24, 2012
Zürich
loosing root is not an issue??

To me it would be the first concern ...
the second that I missed the forum...
but try the internal Asus backup as buxtahuda suggested. That's the reason why they put it there, isn't it? Otherwise you know where to complain don't you ?

But than it's always better to reinstall from scratch after a reset, isn't it?
And as buxtahuda stated also: Google is your friend. Just login with your resetted prime into your account. Google has stored almost all your installed applications if you let your device synchronize before you resetted it.

Good luck noob
from another noob :rolleyes:

Reactions: bimbobo

buxtahuda

Feb 4, 2011
Cleveland, MS
@bimbobobo

Easy find:
adb.exe backup-all.

That should do.

I need to do more adb :eek: Lol, I'm going to have to look into this function, I've never paid attention to it.

Would be great to be able to create images like a nandroid without root, but I guess that's kind of an oxymoron statement since you have to be able to get into the system files.

Reactions: 131313

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Regards

Google is your friend!

Could use the included AppBackup from ASUS. I'm pretty sure MyBackup Pro does not require root and will back up nearly everything you would want to. Be sure to move any music/photos/whatever to an external mSD/SD card as well.
    loosing root is not an issue??

To me it would be the first concern ...
    the second that I missed the forum...
    but try the internal Asus backup as buxtahuda suggested. That's the reason why they put it there, isn't it? Otherwise you know where to complain don't you ?

But than it's always better to reinstall from scratch after a reset, isn't it?
    And as buxtahuda stated also: Google is your friend. Just login with your resetted prime into your account. Google has stored almost all your installed applications if you let your device synchronize before you resetted it.

Good luck noob
    from another noob :rolleyes:
    @bimbobobo

Easy find:
    adb.exe backup-all.

That should do.

I need to do more adb :eek: Lol, I'm going to have to look into this function, I've never paid attention to it.

Would be great to be able to create images like a nandroid without root, but I guess that's kind of an oxymoron statement since you have to be able to get into the system files.