[APP] [ver 1.00] [updated 17.03.09] GravityBalls - GSensor Game for Diamond and HD

Search This thread

zehlein

Oct 6, 2007
www.pocketplayers.info
Hi to all,
it's about time to release my new GSen-controlled game... :)

GravityBallsVGA4.jpg

This game is about gravity and balls. With the movement of your hand (left/right tilting) you control the paddle that explodes the balls. Tilting up and down changes the gravitational force applied to the balls. This way you can accelerate them, slow them down or even make them fly to heaven again...

GravityBallsVGA2.jpg
GravityBallsVGA3.jpg

Let me know about ideas, bugs or improvements!

*change log*

v 1.00
*added native WVGA support for Touch HD
*better response of the paddle to movements
*all new graphics and finger friendly user interface

v 0.93
*fixed backlight dimming while playing game

v 0.92 initial release

If you like GravityBalls consider a donation and buy me a beer.

Last edited:
Reactions: jaberjasem

bugsykoosh

Jun 16, 2007
pretty nice. I did notice my backlight was dimming and timing out - any way to override that?

imranbashir_uk

Aug 14, 2007
pretty nice. I did notice my backlight was dimming and timing out - any way to override that?

I haven’t tried or downloaded the app yet but if the developer looks through Klaxon's source code it shows a method of preventing the backlight from turning off while the app is running.

Hope that helps, now to give this game a try...

zehlein

Oct 6, 2007
www.pocketplayers.info
Hi,
good to hear that you like the game :)

I will look into this for next version of GravityBalls. It's not as easy as copy&paste from Klaxon's source because I don't use the .Net CF. GravityBalls was made using PPL (Pocket Programming Language).

Yes, download if you don't have it already, called Diamond Config. v3.3. Here you can do a lot more than just tweaking Gsensor polling.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=418151

I'm afraid tweaking the GSensor polling won't help here. I poll for the data 10 times per second; if I try shorter intervalls the GSen-data freezes and becomes kind of static. I heard other programmers had the same problem, even though with the "native" .net SDK for the GSen the polling intervalls might go down to about every 32ms polling and still workin fine.
It somehow depends on the general CPU usage of your device in the moment of polling - and GravityBalls really graps every CPU-cycle it can :D

band27

Sep 25, 2008
Toronto
Nice little game....good job! ....and yeh, wish the gsensor was more sensitive. Find that it can be a little tough to get the paddle from one end to another quick enough. Found out a little technique though, is to hold the device almost face up so that the balls don't come down full speed.

p.s. on a side note...the sound choice for this game makes me laugh! :)

zehlein

Oct 6, 2007
www.pocketplayers.info
... Find that it can be a little tough to get the paddle from one end to another quick enough. Found out a little technique though, is to hold the device almost face up so that the balls don't come down full speed.

p.s. on a side note...the sound choice for this game makes me laugh! :)

Yes, tilting up and down changes the gravity. Clever use of it can prevent quite a few balls from not being exploded. Even in the higher levels with the balls coming down quickly you won't survive too long without using this. You might even reverse gravity's direction and let the balls fly up again... :D
Uhmm, yes. The sound. Nice one, right!? :D:D

mr_absinthe

Nov 2, 2008
www.OriginalAbsinthe.com
Thank you for this latest release!

Pity that WVGA resolution is not supported... it's great, but on Touch HD (800x480) it has one bright white stripe at the bottom of a page... Not quite the same effect as a whole black background.

zehlein

Oct 6, 2007
www.pocketplayers.info
hi zehlein

can you make a video :eek:

As soon as I will find some time I will try to shoot a video. Not that easy though, simple screencapturing won't do - you won't get the idea of moving the device...

Thank you for this latest release!

Pity that WVGA resolution is not supported... it's great, but on Touch HD (800x480) it has one bright white stripe at the bottom of a page... Not quite the same effect as a whole black background.

Sorry for this but at the moment there is no way I see to let the game run in WVGA.

necrotek

Feb 8, 2009
NYC
hey, works great on my shadow 2009. The only problem is that it is not a touch screen device. Is there any possibility that you could make it so that some of the features can be accessed from the key pad? Most notably choice to retry or exit the game.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi to all,
    it's about time to release my new GSen-controlled game... :)

GravityBallsVGA4.jpg

This game is about gravity and balls. With the movement of your hand (left/right tilting) you control the paddle that explodes the balls. Tilting up and down changes the gravitational force applied to the balls. This way you can accelerate them, slow them down or even make them fly to heaven again...

GravityBallsVGA2.jpg
    GravityBallsVGA3.jpg

Let me know about ideas, bugs or improvements!

*change log*

v 1.00
    *added native WVGA support for Touch HD
    *better response of the paddle to movements
    *all new graphics and finger friendly user interface

v 0.93
    *fixed backlight dimming while playing game

v 0.92 initial release

If you like GravityBalls consider a donation and buy me a beer.