[APP] StarKissed Remote [Configure ANY Kernel]

Search This thread

Please keep in mind this is offered as a free alternative to the paid kernel configuration apps. This application is not being developed for profit and should not be evaluated as a replacement for current paid alternatives.

Issues should be reported by clicking the "View Website" link in the "Developer" section of "Additional Information" and not through reviews.

Please allow 24 - 48 hours after an issue has been reported. The reviews should not be used as a method to coerce faster updates via 1-star ratings.

StarKissed is meant to provide easy access to the kernel options that many apps will empty your pockets to configure without the need for remembering which application went with which kernel or having to shell out a lot of money before you can get your device running properly.

The application is provided free, but all donations are appreciated. Donations fund development, allow this project to expand, and compensate the developer. If you would like to donate, please click the green dollar guy on the top right. Donations will unlock additional features, such as kernel backup / restore.

If a kernel developer asks for a logcat, they can be exported using the Catlog tab. If the kernel developer is looking for a last_kmsg, clicking the tab will save a copy to the sdcard under the folder StarKissed/logcat

This application contains configuration options, kernel settings, scripts, and various other common and rare modifications that have been designed for almost every Android device and ROM. While the available features are extensive, not every device and every ROM will ALWAYS work. There are available options to submit your device, kernel, and ROM profile to help extend these items to you.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.loungecat.starkissed
https://goo.im/devs/playground/kernelapp

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-01-06-09-07-41.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-06-09-07-41.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 11,311
  • Screenshot_2013-01-06-09-07-55.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-06-09-07-55.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 9,406
  • Screenshot_2013-01-06-09-06-08.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-06-09-06-08.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 8,595
  • Screenshot_2013-01-06-09-07-27.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-06-09-07-27.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 10,253
  • Screenshot_2013-01-06-09-07-10.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-01-06-09-07-10.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 8,193
Last edited:

5pace

Nov 8, 2011
Free version from GOO, force closes with Franco kernel (Galaxy Nexus). Not sure if it's because Franco's official app was already installed before installing this.

Free version from GOO, force closes with Franco kernel (Galaxy Nexus). Not sure if it's because Franco's official app was already installed before installing this.

No, it's the lag in Goo's servers. I pushed a version that was missing a variable, realized it, and pushed a new one about 5 minutes later. Sadly you will see an hour delay between the two versions. That is also why there is a new option in settings for "download betas" which pulls from my server, but there will be untested changes. The fixed version is attached (also a good point to revert if it happens again, since the server will just send you new updates anyway)

Last edited:
Reactions: Greytest and 5pace

merhans

Mar 22, 2012
FC on n4 aokp and Franco r28

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

FC on n4 aokp and Franco r28

Goo, Google Play, or posted version? Goo still hasn't updated. I may drop them. I also need to double check how he locked the voltages. It may be causing permission errors if it's finding the file but can't read it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

47th_Ronin

Jan 17, 2012
Fc on toro with the one from goo and the one posted above.
Tried clearing app cache and data but didn't help.

Fc on toro with the one from goo and the one posted above.
Tried clearing app cache and data but didn't help.

Had done the same. Version above

Looks like I need to jump right to the backup and install feature set so I can run tests. Ill get it fixed up shortly.

I just realized I'm not running a 4.2 build, so the kernel I would download won't have the same changes. Can either of you..

run this in terminal:

Code:
am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.loungecat.starkissed/.activity.MainActivity; logcat -d | grep `ps | grep com.loungecat.starkissed | cut -c10-15` > /sdcard/SkuErrorLog.txt

or this from the computer:

Code:
adb shell am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.loungecat.starkissed/.activity.MainActivity; adb logcat -d | grep `adb shell ps | grep com.loungecat.starkissed | cut -c10-15` > SkuErrorLog.txt

You probably won't need to post a logcat. I found an issue where grabbing todays date wasn't being fully converted to a number and causing a format error. The reason it only seemed to happen to some is that it only gets the date for the very first run. Anywho, Goo takes years to publish, so a fix is attached to this post.

Attachments

• StarKissedRC.apk
    1.7 MB · Views: 414
Last edited:
Alright, i've pushed out the last update for the day. The startup issue should be resolved. Now tested and working on HTC devices. Color and voltage panels were cleaned up. Webviews optimized. The new changelog display is in place but needs some work. Vibration limits were removed if your kernel supports a larger range. And I think that does it for the last two hours...

Reactions: 47th_Ronin

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Please keep in mind this is offered as a free alternative to the paid kernel configuration apps. This application is not being developed for profit and should not be evaluated as a replacement for current paid alternatives.

Issues should be reported by clicking the "View Website" link in the "Developer" section of "Additional Information" and not through reviews.

Please allow 24 - 48 hours after an issue has been reported. The reviews should not be used as a method to coerce faster updates via 1-star ratings.

StarKissed is meant to provide easy access to the kernel options that many apps will empty your pockets to configure without the need for remembering which application went with which kernel or having to shell out a lot of money before you can get your device running properly.

The application is provided free, but all donations are appreciated. Donations fund development, allow this project to expand, and compensate the developer. If you would like to donate, please click the green dollar guy on the top right. Donations will unlock additional features, such as kernel backup / restore.

If a kernel developer asks for a logcat, they can be exported using the Catlog tab. If the kernel developer is looking for a last_kmsg, clicking the tab will save a copy to the sdcard under the folder StarKissed/logcat

This application contains configuration options, kernel settings, scripts, and various other common and rare modifications that have been designed for almost every Android device and ROM. While the available features are extensive, not every device and every ROM will ALWAYS work. There are available options to submit your device, kernel, and ROM profile to help extend these items to you.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.loungecat.starkissed
    https://goo.im/devs/playground/kernelapp
    Update just shipped. Should start hitting in an hour or two.

Fixed the scheduler not being set and everything now applies correctly on boot.
    I am trying to fix the dialogs before pushing an update. They severely detest fragments so that is fun.

It also seems the newest update to the GearVR plugin has broken my game so I have to put most of my focus there since it's my final project.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2979871

Edit: finally got dialogs working. Now I need to verify everything before I can finally push an update.

You may still see 4 CPUs and only be able to apply one, but it won't error. This can't delay a release much longer to avoid more governor and sticking reports that are waiting on this update. It will be pushed tonight regardless.
    [APP] SKU Kernel Remote [Configure ANY Kernel]

After numerous battles with piracy and coming to the realization that $2 was too expensive for the years of development being handed out by piracy sites, the app has gone free with the option to donate.

Now stealing the app will no longer promote developers that are unworthy of the title. It is true not all piracy is intentional, so now the user no longer has reason for concern.
    Hey mate, fantastic work on the app it's running like a charm and the settings are stickier than... I'll finish that there.

Could you explain all the functions under Thermal? I hate playing with things I don't understand.

And is there a way for me to globally edit the voltages on SKU for AEL?

The top of that page is hotplugging and the bottom is actual thermal. I was running low on space for tabs, so they are pretty close in terms of what they do, but they are two different parts in most other apps.

Hotplug profiles determine how the cores are handled, whether they are kept on more often or offline more often.
    Hysteresis and Threshold are usually good to leave default unless you are having issues. I am not entirely sure about how to explain the exact purpose of each, but it has to do with how the core responses are determined. On a nexus 5, the defaults are much the same with threshold at 722, but the values AEL has are based on the Note 3, which is much closer to a Note 4.

Touch boost is similar to the hardlimit version but in that it adds an extra speed boost when using touch, but for kernels with hardlimit, this is just something to get in the way.

Thermal is a lot more straight forward. Core temp is the temperature of a core, while frequency temp (i believe) is the temperature of the processor as a unit. Setting these values determines when it is too hot and you should be throttled or have cores turned offline to allow cooling off.

The poll time is how frequently the temps are verified. This is usually good to leave at default unless you are experiencing rapid heat changes (lower the value to attempt to respond faster) or barely use the device (raise the value to do less work)

On the Voltage page, scroll all the way to the bottom. "Batch Edit Voltages" is global editing. It seems after the switch to the tabs, it may not be kicking on properly, though. I will look into it.

Hi

in the Core Page I guess the CPUs are numbered down from 0 to 3?

Could you you add the the cpu number for easier identification?

Is it possible from a technical point of view to have your each cpu a different governor?

After all the discussions we had that only cpu 0 has the right setting I was thinking myself to play with different governors for each cpu (ok, mainly cpu 0 and the rest) for addressing a good balance for battery and performance.

My idea is to have for cpu 0 a performance governor and for the rest a more conservative one.

Just a theoretical thinking, so please don't “kill“ me for having a idea... ;)

Best regards

dingolino

Gesendet von meinem SM-N910F mit Tapatalk

They are not numbered because the application supports anywhere from 1 to X cores based on the internal device's core_number value, but then verifies them before printing to the screen. There is a slight issue where on initial load it is not removing the extra spinners for cores that can't be configured until you hit apply.

Depending on the kernel you are using, most only allow setting cpu0 and pass the values along to the rest. That means there is no place for a second (/third/fourth) governor to read and write values. If that place does not exist, the buttons do not appear.

The whole interface is dynamic. I know that apps like FauxClock have dynamic categories, but it was obvious from a lot of the discussions on the Note 4 that the content in the category itself was pre-packaged. This app is almost entirely dynamic. For the most part, what it presents you with is based on what your kernel had available.