Just got the one X and dislike it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

DANOFDANGER

Jul 27, 2011
Clearly the thread is going to be closed, but only because of what you are doing... Attacking the OP which was clearly not trolling and then attacking the person who defended him as well, are you just attacking everyone that's opposite to your judgement of your so called "right" theory.

I never had any of this on sensation section hahaha.

Tondern

Jun 2, 2011
Tønder
This is why these "I don't like this phone"-threads are a bit dangerous on forums that are dedicated to the phone in question. People want to defend the phone they spent their money on, it's natural.

Tondern

Jun 2, 2011
Tønder

I'm sorry I think that's a bit hasty, you've already seen how far HTC came with the 1.28 patch, some games were literally unplayable (like Zen Pinball THD) and they are running pretty smoothly now. However most 3D-games, also the Tegra 3 optimized ones, still have a tiny bit of stuttering that surely can be corrected.

A flop? No, I don't think so.

Goku80

Mar 18, 2012
Within the Matrix
This is exactly what I dont like about 90 % of some of you clowns, you guys hate it when someone dislike the same phone you guys have. Him saying he doesn't like it is his opinion I don't know why you're getting upset about it. If he makes a thread about how much he love the one x then its all good so basically he has to like it. Some people bought the phone on day 1 so how exactly are they suppose to do their research if nobody else have the phone. They shouldn't close this thread at all they should ban your dumb ass.

And you just proved by you last statement to me why this thread should be closed. And go back and read my posts. And learn another rule of the forums here. Respect others. Do not start something when there is nothing there. I did not have a go at OP. Just clearing stating threads like this one here should not.be welcomed here cause lets face it does bring anything to the table. What point is the op trying to make by saying he does not like the phone. Nothing. Just the same as you are doing now. End off. Pointless thread by someone who.does not like the phone and just wants to troll. Simple.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: thegregulator

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
And you just proved by you last statement to me why this thread should be closed. And go back and read my posts. And learn another rule of the forums here. Respect others. Do not start something when there is nothing there. I did not have a go at OP. Just clearing stating threads like this one here should not.be welcomed here cause lets face it does bring anything to the table. What point is the op trying to make by saying he does not like the phone. Nothing. Just the same as you are doing now. End off. Pointless thread by someone who.does not like the phone and just wants to troll. Simple.

Sure whatever makes you happy.

Albert Poon

Aug 7, 2010
My One X has no flickering, no Wifi/GPS/3G issue, and battery life is way better than my previous HTC Desire, Incredible S, Sensation, EVO 3D. No lag, no reboot, no freeze.

It takes great photos, sounds great, light weight, looks sexy. The only real minor drawback - it doesnt take good video (how hard in doing that?), but I am ok with that as I seldom use my phone to take videos. I love it and really cant find a reason to "dislike" it.

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1335665922211.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1335665922211.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 139

nativestranger

Aug 18, 2010
So i purchased the one X today thinking that it may be just too big for me but id give it a go and return it if it was, turns out the screen is too big but still quite enjoyable and usable but everything else isn't up to par in my expectations (i set high bar).
The screen is beautiful and i am very picky when it comes to that sort of stuff with countless hours playing with tv's, monitors calibrating and fixing them i have some sort of a fettish and trained eye so props for the screen.
But everything else just doesn't seem that great, i expected better from quad core from my move from sensation and the performance in some apps is less pleasing then it was for the sensation.

I just think there's nothing really fascinating that would make you want to keep the phone so i am thinking about getting the samsung galaxy s3.

Whats your thoughts.

Thats kind of surprising. You are moving from a 1.2ghz dual core scorpion to a 1.5ghz quad core A9. Each core is at least 60% faster. Sense 4.0 is also much better optimized than 3.0. Most likely down to user error. Try factory reset.

Basil3

Inactive Recognized Themer
Apr 4, 2008
Dublin
Wow. I've just wasted a good 10 mins of my life reading through this thread, and I'm at a loss to see the point of it.

If you don't like a phone, get another one. If you can't afford another one, then use these forums to figure out why your user experience is so much worse than everyone else's. If the phone is too big for you, then a bit of common sense could have prevented you from buying it in the first place.

The problem with threads like these is it can attract fanboys of other phones like moths to a flame. They will put in their 2c without even owning the One X, as if their opinion even matters.

Ripley

Apr 23, 2012
I bought a Note, and didnt like it much. Did i join a Note forum and publicise my dislike? Of course not. Because I am not a pleb.

I simply returned it, bought an X, and told everyone how awesome it is.

abc27

Apr 16, 2010
There is also LTE One X with Qualcomm I thought. Tegra 3 is a flop.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using XDA
Tegra 3 is a flop?

One of the most powerful chips currently available for phones/tablets is a flop?

:confused:

The Galaxy S3's new GPU might theoretically have a bit more raw grunt than Tegra 3 but it lacks the developer support of NVIDIA. Developers are going to design games for Tegra 3, they're not going to focus on a chipset being used in only one phone.

BarryH_GEG

Jan 16, 2009
Spokane, Washington
Wow. I've just wasted a good 10 mins of my life reading through this thread, and I'm at a loss to see the point of it.

If you don't like a phone, get another one. If you can't afford another one, then use these forums to figure out why your user experience is so much worse than everyone else's. If the phone is too big for you, then a bit of common sense could have prevented you from buying it in the first place.

The problem with threads like these is it can attract fanboys of other phones like moths to a flame. They will put in their 2c without even owning the One X, as if their opinion even matters.

There's nothing wrong with negative threads. We all use devices differently and some of the things pointed out that everyone might not use or use the same way are helpful. OP's post isn't one of those. What does "but everything else just doesn't seem that great" mean and how is it in anyway helpful? As for performance compared to the Sensation, I've never used one so can't comment. But the One X is significantly faster than my I9100 which I know was faster than friends Sensations so if OP's was slower maybe his phone's defective.

Every phone is not for everyone. The One X isn't for OP. But that joyous news could have been shared with OP's reseller rather than a forum of thousands of people who are unlikely to share his opinion. Even if he closed his post asking "what do you think?"

Dubhaltach

Nov 20, 2009
Any performance problems will be solved with upcoming updates. The Tegra 3 is a powerful CPU/GPU. The software still needs a bit of work to use its full potential.

SAw you're on meteor there and I'm wondering, did you get the 1.28 update? I'm on metoer myself but the phone is CID'd to O2 so so far still on .26.

Reckless187

Dec 28, 2009
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Isn't the SIII going to have a 4.7" or similar sized screen too? In which case it will also be too big for OP. I'm off to the SIII forum to await OP's "Just got the SIII and dislike it." thread. lolz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sweet, all the best guys...guess this thread can be closed and you can carry on this convo in the SGS3 forums :)

Definitely return it and get the S3. Done.

1. Yes, it does. The vibration should be strong.
    2. I've been holding phones longer than you, so I really don't think there is much you could teach me anyway.
    3. Unlike some, I actually like to organize thing neatly. Maybe you prefer things to be haphazard, more power to you.

Like I said, I've returned to the GS II. It just offers much more in an easier to use package.

Good for you. Our lives are richer now that you've shared that information. Good luck with your GS2.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
    I don't like mobile phones because I like to talk to people in person. And this phone cannot even run Uncharted 3 or Diablo III on it. Lame. I'm going to return it because it did not serve up to my expectations as stated above. I disliked it. Maybe I will get the iphone because Samuel Jackson did an advertisement for it and I enjoy iPhone's bigger screens. Anyway it should be clear to you all that I'll still keep the One X even though I said I will return it.
    This is just my personal opinion so anyone sees it as inappropriate should just grow up and be a man. I don't care what forum this is because I have the right to express my opinions and show off my unique identity.
    What are you guys' thoughts.

Sent from my lame HTC One X using xda premium although I prefer a face-to-face discussion but don't hit me in the face
    Sweet, all the best guys...guess this thread can be closed and you can carry on this convo in the SGS3 forums :)

I know. Why on earth is this thread still open is beyond me. You want to moan about the one x that is **** do it on a different forum not here. S3 will be a huge phone and probs yes better than the HOX but still this is a great phone and I love it to death. So do your trolling somewhere else and close this thread