|TOOL| WINDOWS | Deviant Manager *2- APKs made simple Updated 2/4/13

Search This thread

ptmr3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2012
Aurora
warrior-Copy_zpsf4ecd29c.png

Deviant Manager 2

Since Daneshm90 originally put out his APK manager, editing APKs has been much less of a headache. This tool is a modified/ updated continuation of APK Manager. This tool is not only a great asset to Developers in modifying/adding certain simple ROM features, but also to Themers and those who aspire to begin learning the wonderful world of Android.

Credits
Daneshm90-original APK Manager http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=695701
Brut.all- for Original Apktool
iBotPeaches for Updated Apktools http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1755243
JF- Smali/Baksmali

Features
- Simple Extracion and Zipping of apk's.
- Optimization pngs (ignores .9.pngs)
- Zipalign apks
- Sign apks
- ADB Push
- Brut.all/ iBotPeaches apktool
- ADB Pull
- Batch optimize apk (Zipalign,optipng,or both)
- Quick sign an apk (Batch mode supported)
- Batch Ogg optimization
- Zip/Compile in Different Compression Levels
- Batch install apk from script (Optio
- Error detection. Checks if error occured anytime u perform a task, and reports it via LOG
- Read log
- Added framework dependent decompiling (For non propietary rom apks). Checks whether the dependee apk u selected is correct.
- Allows multiple projects to be modified, switch to and from.
- Allows to modify system apk's using apktool but ensures maximum compatibility in terms of signature / manifest.xml
NEW FEATURE
-New drag and drop -if- to get those frameworks installed from your manager

Instructions
(Be sure to have JAVA and ADB installed correctly before attempting to use this tool)

-Download Deviant Manager
-Extract Zip
----For Modifying-----
-Drag Apk You Want To Modify To The "place-apk-here-for-modding"
-Run Script
-Perform Desired Extract/ Decompile Action
-Modify Apk In The "projects" Folder
-Perform Desired Zip/Compile Action
-Find Your New Modified APK In The "place-apk-here-for-modding" Folder As "unsigned__(your apk)__.apk"

Downloads

Deviant Manager 2 - http://d-h.st/6YW

Right now this tool only supports windows. (Dual boot is a wonderful thing)

This Version Is Confirmed Working For Jelly Bean As Well As Ice Cream Sandwich

Last edited:

Rushing

Jan 13, 2012
Los Angeles
been reading for this. Thanks Team Deviant Dev. you are Awesome.

Thanks, I got this working to decompile systemui.apk question is should I decompile that .apk as with a dependency or dependents . and if the systemui.apk has been modded can I alter it with this program? thanks a million

Last edited:

biglil1

May 22, 2012
Gwinn
Thank you; I want to learn how to theme and all that but been having a hard time getting everything setup properly. This sounds like it might be at least a little easier I'll let you know after testing. Thanks again for all ur time and hard work!!!

Edit: Just did an apk that I wanted to theme for my personal use and even though I need to get more familiar with Gimp ur program worked flawlessly. Many thanks!!!

Last edited:

ptmr3

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2012
Aurora
Updated. Updated apktool/aapt (thnks ibotpeaches) and new drag and drop -if-

cinsity

Dec 29, 2012
keeps telling me that java is not detected. I updated it and I am running windows 8. Any troubleshooting I should try?

vebulous

Oct 26, 2011
Deland
keeps telling me that java is not detected. I updated it and I am running windows 8. Any troubleshooting I should try?

A common problem associated with Java not being detected is the architecture. You're running windows 8 but which version:
32bit (x86 or X86_32 or i586) or
64bit (X86_64 or AMD64).

If you're running win8 64bit and install the 32bit binary for java, it installs it in the C:\Program Files (x86); whereas the ADT and Deviant Manager look for java in C:\Program Files (hence a "Java is not installed" error).

Because 64bit systems can run 32bit binaries, this is a common mistake that many people make and even though Java32 will work in in win8-64, its not the correct version.

GT247

Jun 27, 2010
Beautiful California
I can't thank ptmr3 enough for putting this out here for everyone, now lots of people can theme apk's so people like me have more people to ask to have an apk themed

GT247

Jun 27, 2010
Beautiful California
Greetings, all!
We on the Council have been speaking with ptmr3 of late, and real life is pushing him very, very hard right now. As a result, we’ve suggested to him, and he has accepted, that he should probably back off of all of his work on XDA for a bit. We would MUCH rather see him take a break for a while than burn out and just walk away.
As a result, updates will be few and far between for a while, and the Council, as well as the other members of these threads, I am confident will jump in and help any and every way they can. This is the essence of the Jedi spirit.
ptmr3, and we as the Council, appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding in this matter.

With respect and thanks to all,
-GT247 by request of the Jedi Council

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    warrior-Copy_zpsf4ecd29c.png

Deviant Manager 2

Since Daneshm90 originally put out his APK manager, editing APKs has been much less of a headache. This tool is a modified/ updated continuation of APK Manager. This tool is not only a great asset to Developers in modifying/adding certain simple ROM features, but also to Themers and those who aspire to begin learning the wonderful world of Android.

Credits
    Daneshm90-original APK Manager http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=695701
    Brut.all- for Original Apktool
    iBotPeaches for Updated Apktools http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1755243
    JF- Smali/Baksmali

Features
    - Simple Extracion and Zipping of apk's.
    - Optimization pngs (ignores .9.pngs)
    - Zipalign apks
    - Sign apks
    - ADB Push
    - Brut.all/ iBotPeaches apktool
    - ADB Pull
    - Batch optimize apk (Zipalign,optipng,or both)
    - Quick sign an apk (Batch mode supported)
    - Batch Ogg optimization
    - Zip/Compile in Different Compression Levels
    - Batch install apk from script (Optio
    - Error detection. Checks if error occured anytime u perform a task, and reports it via LOG
    - Read log
    - Added framework dependent decompiling (For non propietary rom apks). Checks whether the dependee apk u selected is correct.
    - Allows multiple projects to be modified, switch to and from.
    - Allows to modify system apk's using apktool but ensures maximum compatibility in terms of signature / manifest.xml
    NEW FEATURE
    -New drag and drop -if- to get those frameworks installed from your manager

Instructions
    (Be sure to have JAVA and ADB installed correctly before attempting to use this tool)

-Download Deviant Manager
    -Extract Zip
    ----For Modifying-----
    -Drag Apk You Want To Modify To The "place-apk-here-for-modding"
    -Run Script
    -Perform Desired Extract/ Decompile Action
    -Modify Apk In The "projects" Folder
    -Perform Desired Zip/Compile Action
    -Find Your New Modified APK In The "place-apk-here-for-modding" Folder As "unsigned__(your apk)__.apk"

Downloads

Deviant Manager 2 - http://d-h.st/6YW

Right now this tool only supports windows. (Dual boot is a wonderful thing)

This Version Is Confirmed Working For Jelly Bean As Well As Ice Cream Sandwich
    Mine as well lol. ;)
    Damn deviant development is killing it lol

nice work bro!
    Greetings, all!
    We on the Council have been speaking with ptmr3 of late, and real life is pushing him very, very hard right now. As a result, we’ve suggested to him, and he has accepted, that he should probably back off of all of his work on XDA for a bit. We would MUCH rather see him take a break for a while than burn out and just walk away.
    As a result, updates will be few and far between for a while, and the Council, as well as the other members of these threads, I am confident will jump in and help any and every way they can. This is the essence of the Jedi spirit.
    ptmr3, and we as the Council, appreciate everyone’s patience and understanding in this matter.

With respect and thanks to all,
    -GT247 by request of the Jedi Council