*#0228# quick start

Search This thread

babyshanks

Oct 28, 2013
Minneapolis
After typing in *#0228# to checkbattery info and clicked quick start at the bottom of the screen my battery instantly dropped from low 30's to 12%. Worried me at first but after charging my battery seemed to have lasted longer than before (possibly just wishful thinking). Anybody else try this? Or can shed some light as to exactly what's happening?

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
After typing in *#0228# to checkbattery info and clicked quick start at the bottom of the screen my battery instantly dropped from low 30's to 12%. Worried me at first but after charging my battery seemed to have lasted longer than before (possibly just wishful thinking). Anybody else try this? Or can shed some light as to exactly what's happening?

Interesting, how did you come across the *#0228# code? I've seen it posted somewhere before asking what it was (was it you?) - I'll try it now myself and will post my findings :)

babyshanks

Oct 28, 2013
Minneapolis
Interesting, how did you come across the *#0228# code? I've seen it posted somewhere before asking what it was (was it you?) - I'll try it now myself and will post my findings :)

Might have been me, no one really knew what was going on there other than they had drops as well. I found it while trying to look for the code to test the proximity sensor. Than I thought I'd try it out to check my battery.

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
OK I've done it! 23:46 and battery is @ 96% - No immediate drop in percentage, but lets see what happens. It's idle on my desk at work currently.

Reactions: babyshanks

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
:what::what::what:

I got 16% of battery.. pressed quick start.. screen shuts down.. now i have 2%!!!!!

:what::what::what::what::what::what::what:

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
:what::what::what:

I got 16% of battery.. pressed quick start.. screen shuts down.. now i have 2%!!!!!

:what::what::what::what::what::what::what:

Yup seems when you have a low % it drops the battery right down, however @babyshanks thinks maybe it the battery is better once it's done(?) I've done mine also, so we can post what happens in the next 24 hours or so

brianburen

Mar 29, 2010
How are you guys doing this? I have the Verizon note 3. When I do the code it tries to dial it and I get error recording from Verizon.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
How are you guys doing this? I have the Verizon note 3. When I do the code it tries to dial it and I get error recording from Verizon.

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

It's possible that carriers disable this option like they do with other service codes, or it's limited to the SM-N9005 model

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
Since I first ran mine @ 23:46 my battery was 96% - a couple of text msgs later and now @ 02:20 my battery is sat at 86% - a definite drop compared to what it was... Also noticed Android OS is eating up the battery more than before, and I haven't changed anything except for running this... Will see how it develops through the night at work and charge it tomorrow and see if there is any noticeable difference or not.

zadigre

Aug 28, 2006
Montreal
My battery was at 44... After the quick start, it dropped to 20. I did it again and dropped to 16. It's been there for 30 minutes now. I'm really wondering what this code is doing

Sent from my SM-N900 with Tapatalk

radicalisto

Nov 13, 2013
York
My battery was at 44... After the quick start, it dropped to 20. I did it again and dropped to 16. It's been there for 30 minutes now. I'm really wondering what this code is doing

You entered it twice and it's sat @ 16% for 30mins? hmm that is interesting, I'm curious, maybe this is a stock battery calibration system of some kind after all... we'll see the benefit after we've charged it I guess.

but then again, maybe this is a cheeky trick to milk the battery quick for the engineers for some reason or another that they require it...

Reactions: zadigre

zadigre

Aug 28, 2006
Montreal
You entered it twice and it's sat @ 16% for 30mins? hmm that is interesting, I'm curious, maybe this is a stock battery calibration system of some kind after all... we'll see the benefit after we've charged it I guess.

but then again, maybe this is a cheeky trick to milk the battery quick for the engineers for some reason or another that they require it...

Yes its sitting at 16 even if I've been using my phone since I did it...

erectim

Feb 9, 2013
Dropped from 12 to 2%, though my voltage actually went up. I'll charge it up once it dies and see if there are any changes in battery life.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

iba21

Jul 1, 2010
Venice
Don't know if it's caused by this quickstart button, but, i'm having a too strange battrry drain..

I'm at 55 screen on minutes with 8% battery consuption!! :what::what::what:

Other times i spent about 15-20% for 1h of screen on, with same setting!

What the hell??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok so update from me, got home from work and put my phone on charge (which was at 38%) at around 8:15 - took it off charge at 14:00 and it's now 18:26 - battery is at 85% with practically zero use. Except for the last ten - twenty minutes on xda app. -- so a definite major drain off the battery through using this code.. We need to find out what it actually does - I've grabbed a battery calibration app from the play store so will see if it fixes it or not. But for now my advice if you haven't entered this code. DO NOT DO IT

Sent from my SM-N9005 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Might have been me, no one really knew what was going on there other than they had drops as well. I found it while trying to look for the code to test the proximity sensor. Than I thought I'd try it out to check my battery.

you can all jump into this thread: Careful battery status inaccurate %
    Some useful information inside, especially from Entropy512

Yes its sitting at 16 even if I've been using my phone since I did it...