[Solved] Repair a possible brick (Galaxy S 4G) (Bad Flash)

Search This thread

Matster239

May 14, 2013
Lorain
I've flashed quite a few androids with custom ROMs, all successful except one brick was beyond repair. Then my brother asked me to root and flash a custom ROM to his T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4G (Model: T959V). So I gave it a shot. Rooting was successful, but trying to get Clockwork Recovery on the phone, it confused me and I definitely messed up. The screen is discolored like a bad tv reception. One picture is what it's currently stuck on, and the other is showing I can still load it into the yellow download screen. My question is, is this fixable? If so, how?

Attachments

• Messed_up_screen.jpg
    Messed_up_screen.jpg
    252.9 KB · Views: 5,472
  • Yellow_Download.jpg
    Yellow_Download.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 5,149
Last edited:

Matster239

May 14, 2013
Lorain
Problem Solved

I've flashed quite a few androids with custom ROMs, all successful except one brick was beyond repair. Then my brother asked me to root and flash a custom ROM to his T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S 4G (Model: T959V). So I gave it a shot. Rooting was successful, but trying to get Clockwork Recovery on the phone, it confused me and I definitely messed up. The screen is discolored like a bad tv reception. One picture is what it's currently stuck on, and the other is showing I can still load it into the yellow download screen. My question is, is this fixable? If so, how?

Problem solved thanks to stephen_w here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1405489 and chadster214 here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1183413. Problem solved with Odin 1.85. Give them thanks if you ran into this problem and these people helped you as well.

Last edited:

jeffsf

Mar 7, 2011
San Francisco
Glad that you could get things resolved! I hope that you enjoy your "new" phone, especially as you now know how to recover from things. You might want to look at heimdall as well, especially if you start playing with other custom ROMs and kernels.

When you have a chance, if you change the "[Q]" to "[solved]" or the like, people will easily be able to tell that there is an answer on the thread. Perhaps it will be the one they are looking for themselves!

Reactions: Matster239

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Glad that you could get things resolved! I hope that you enjoy your "new" phone, especially as you now know how to recover from things. You might want to look at heimdall as well, especially if you start playing with other custom ROMs and kernels.

When you have a chance, if you change the "[Q]" to "[solved]" or the like, people will easily be able to tell that there is an answer on the thread. Perhaps it will be the one they are looking for themselves!