[Q] Merging phone storage and internal sd

Search This thread

johnnypestana

Jan 30, 2014
Porto
Hello,

I recently bought a Lenovo A820 and am currently using LambdaROM 2.3.5a. My phone has 4GB of internal space and I have a 8GB microSD card in it as well. My internal storage is running low, but my internal sd card is empty and cannot be used, because I've all things on the external sd. Is there anyway to merge the internal sd card with the internal phone storage? I've searched long and hard already, but found no concrete information. I know I can swap memories and even link my sd card to the phone storage. But my internal storage is 4GB which only 2GB are being used for the phone storage and 2GB are partitioned to the internal sd card. I would like to merge them into the internal phone storage, if possible. My question is: is it possible? If so, how can I do it?

Thank you.

bbkr

Jun 8, 2014
Hi

You cannot merge virtual internal SD and physical external SD into one volume.
However you can probably swap it - which should solve all of your problems.

Your phone has MTK6589 chip, so the process will be similar as on my Snopow: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2777140

After the swap external SD will be visible as internal SD and the other way round. That means you can buy 64GB SD card and have all this space available for installing apps because phone will see this card as internal storage.