Problems with the easy-cover

Search This thread

fremar

Jan 12, 2006
I installed the coloros 2.0 beta, but I have problems with the easy-cover waking up the phone all the time. If I have the phone in my pocket the cover moves on the front when walking and making the screen to turn on. Would it be possible to a rooted phone to change something so the cover wont wake the phone?

Morak75

I installed the coloros 2.0 beta, but I have problems with the easy-cover waking up the phone all the time. If I have the phone in my pocket the cover moves on the front when walking and making the screen to turn on. Would it be possible to a rooted phone to change something so the cover wont wake the phone?

Got pretty much the same with colorOS 1.2.

Chevyguy85

Nov 15, 2011
Orlando
Same issue. I'm hoping someone comes up with a fix or at least figures out which of the umpteen zillion Oppo system apps that shows up in TB is what controls this so it can be frozen/uninstalled. BTW it's not the one that is called Leather... I have that frozen and the cover still activates the screen :(

fremar

Jan 12, 2006
Has anyone else gotten scratches on the screen protector from the frame around the window on the easy-cover? Already after just 5 days I have started to see scratches on the screen protector on my phone.

rockal

Nov 23, 2010
Dublin

From the ColorOS 2.0 Beta Thread.. Try this
repo.xposed.info/module/com.dubi.xposed.magnetoff

seanpr123

Oct 5, 2011
South Florida
From the ColorOS 2.0 Beta Thread.. Try this
repo.xposed.info/module/com.dubi.xposed.magnetoff

I'm trying that module right now, and on 2.0 it doesn't seem to help much as there's this competing lockscreen that appears designed for that window size. Which is great and all, but I just want that crap disabled. Bothers my OCD too much lol.

TheDude1966

May 31, 2012
Has anyone else gotten scratches on the screen protector from the frame around the window on the easy-cover? Already after just 5 days I have started to see scratches on the screen protector on my phone.

Same "cover" type as the LG G2 which, in my scratched pretty bad so I expect scratches on the 7a too. Fortunately there is protective film on the gorilla screen. I prefer the Galaxy flip cover setup with glass see trough. I am looking on Ebay for the Spigen kinda thin real glass protective screens. No luck yet.

OrdinaryPin

Sep 6, 2012
Same "cover" type as the LG G2 which, in my scratched pretty bad so I expect scratches on the 7a too. Fortunately there is protective film on the gorilla screen. I prefer the Galaxy flip cover setup with glass see trough. I am looking on Ebay for the Spigen kinda thin real glass protective screens. No luck yet.

There is NIllkin brand tempered glass SP. :laugh:

fremar

Jan 12, 2006
I don't have any scratch on my screen.

Btw, isn't this smart cover supposed to let us interact with the phone just by the window ? As answering a phone call... I didn't find the option.

It does that, atleast with ColorOS 2.0 beta. Really disturbing that it turn on the screen when closing the cover, with the screen turned off.
uploadfromtaptalk1399529293627.jpg

kalunlee

Oct 6, 2008
With ColorOS 2.0 the phone works a lot better.

I actually bought another cover online that have a magnet so it will hold together and won't turn on the phone by accident.

I am using Tempered glass protector on mine so no scratches.

Attachments

• T2xqqcXIdaXXXXXXXX-1694309161.jpg
    T2xqqcXIdaXXXXXXXX-1694309161.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 152
Last edited: