[Q] t mobile note 3 gps problem

Search This thread

arkkkk

May 25, 2014
hello, i am new here and i learn a lot of my mobile from xda and i found here is a great site understanding my note 3.

ok first to start off,
I got my note 3 unlocked, rooted and flash to the version of 4.4.2 n9005 rom,
everythings working and only the gps seems having error on locating,
I have tried only locating in speedtest and it failed, showing me that im on the east coast instead im on the west coast of the US.
Everytime, the location will change differently when i reopen the app.
I start to wonder if the config file (gps.confg) which located under system/etc need to replaced to a different one to get it working.
I am sure my gps device in my phone is working flawlessly since I test it on a t mobile rom and its working.

So my question is, do i need to replace some of my files under system ? (since i flash to the international n9005 rom)

please if someone can provide a solution ill be greatly appreciated/.:victory:

arkkkk

May 25, 2014
Did you flash the wifi/nfc fix for the tmo varients after flashing the 9005 rom? I know it sounds odd, but they may also have a gps fix in there. Also make sure you're running a n900t kernel.

Sent from my leanKernel 2.5.1 powered stock 4.4.2 (NE6) SM-N900T

i hvnt flash that fix yet. where can i find the appropriate one? i find one but i am not sure if its the one u mentioning.
also i dont have wifi and bt issues the only ones that have problem is the faulty gps location.
thanks

PS: u have mentioned if im running a n900t kernel and i am not sure if thats the one u mention in firmware.
ill upload the picView attachment 2763163

Shawn

Aug 26, 2012
Louisville
i hvnt flash that fix yet. where can i find the appropriate one? i find one but i am not sure if its the one u mentioning.
also i dont have wifi and bt issues the only ones that have problem is the faulty gps location.
thanks

PS: u have mentioned if im running a n900t kernel and i am not sure if thats the one u mention in firmware.
ill upload the picView attachment 2763163

Don't think that's a kernel for our model. And Speed test.net doesn't use GPS. It uses your cell tower location, as in where your data comes from. My phone tests on a server in Dallas Texas, but I'm in Kentucky.

Sent from my SM-N900T using XDA Free mobile app

icenight89

Dec 18, 2010
That's not a N900T kernel, and if you didn't flash the fix I'm almost certain your still using a complete N9005 ROM. Search around for the thread that gives detailed instructions on how to proceed in flashing N9005 Roms to N900T