[VIDEO] How to ROOT Galaxy S5!

Search This thread

UnhoIy

Dec 9, 2012
Thanks for making this. It's like people literally couldn't read the instructions on the site. It was really frustrating to watch how many people asked how to do this yesterday in the release thread.

Camboteav

Nov 17, 2012
Does this work on s5 active?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using XDA Free mobile app

VeryCoolAlan

May 17, 2009
No has not been reported to work yet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

davew41

Oct 4, 2011
DO NOT USE ULTRA POWER SAVING MODE AFTER ROOTING AS OF YET... myself and a few others are left with a black white att logo onscreen after enabling ULTRA POWER SAVING MODE just a heads up....

sholsten

Jun 30, 2012
Kennett, MO.
Thanks for making this. It's like people literally couldn't read the instructions on the site. It was really frustrating to watch how many people asked how to do this yesterday in the release thread.
I was trying to do it through my computer as I have everything in the past. The video showed me how to do it on my phone.

davew41

Oct 4, 2011
Yes you do it all from the phone
DO NOT REMOVE THE LAUNCHERS AS I STATED IN THE VIDEO THIS WILL SCREW THE PHONE IF YOU TRY TO USE ULTRA POWER SAVING...
LEAVE THE LAUNCHERS IN :)

Last edited:
Reactions: zounduser

MSStranger

Jan 2, 2014
Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

I can confirm that this worked to root the S5 Active. I had issues with Google services not functioning properly, but once I installed SuperSU, and it disabled Knox, everything seemed to be working fine again. Based on comments from others, I have not enabled ultra power save mode.

carlospr21

Oct 9, 2007
P.R. Levittown
I can confirm that this worked to root the S5 Active. I had issues with Google services not functioning properly, but once I installed SuperSU, and it disabled Knox, everything seemed to be working fine again. Based on comments from others, I have not enabled ultra power save mode.

Im on S5 AND3 rooted ans debloat i tried the UPSM and its working great just do not uninstall any stock launcher or stock samsung keyboard

VeryCoolAlan

May 17, 2009
I removed the launchers lol but that's because I have never used the ultra power saver in the 2 months I've nd this

MercilessLTD

Jul 18, 2012

How did you go about installing SuperSU, and disabling Knox?

UPDATE: I see in his thread about SuperSU. Does it automatically disable Knox? Or do I have to go about Titanium Backup and disable all the appropriate apps?

Last edited:

MSStranger

Jan 2, 2014

UPDATE: I see in his thread about SuperSU. Does it automatically disable Knox? Or do I have to go about Titanium Backup and disable all the appropriate apps?

SuperSU automatically prompts and asks if you want to disable Knox. The first time I ran it, it hung. Rebooted, and ran again, and it disabled right away. Was golden after that point.

Reactions: MercilessLTD

pestilencec11

Nov 21, 2008
Parker
V2 didn't work for me. Just tried V1 and it worked with no issue. Awesome! Just got the S5 today as well. :)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
lol a 10min video on how to root by dling an apk in 1 click.. you should title it root and titanium and xposed etc lol.. did you show in video how to update su?

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 AM ----------

lol a 10min video on how to root by dling an apk in 1 click.. you should title it root and titanium and xposed etc lol.. did you show in video how to update su?

or one of them was 10mins.. u should teach how to set up supersu or at least say sll they gotta do is go in play store to get it lol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make sure you watch if you are unsure on how to do it!

http://youtu.be/nWqTIXf5kUs

DO NOT USE ULTRA POWER SAVING MODE AFTER ROOTING AS OF YET... myself and a few others are left with a black white att logo onscreen after enabling ULTRA POWER SAVING MODE just a heads up....
    Yes you do it all from the phone
    DO NOT REMOVE THE LAUNCHERS AS I STATED IN THE VIDEO THIS WILL SCREW THE PHONE IF YOU TRY TO USE ULTRA POWER SAVING...
    LEAVE THE LAUNCHERS IN :)

SuperSU automatically prompts and asks if you want to disable Knox. The first time I ran it, it hung. Rebooted, and ran again, and it disabled right away. Was golden after that point.