Re-Partition Internal Sdcard for App Instaallation Space

Search This thread

raja4sure

Jul 10, 2011
App for repartitioning your phone's internal memory.
Meteos MTK6589 ROM EDIT

This app will allow you to change your phone's data partition size.
Since most people have a MicroSD card for storing their files on, the internal sdcard is just a waste of space and can be put to good use for storing apps.
This app allows you to do so.

Requirements:
Xolo Q700/Q700i
Root access
A custom recovery

YOU ARE DOING THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK
(Although no serious harm can be done when correctly using this tool)

Instructions:
  1. Make a backup of your files in your recovery (if you want to preserve them) and make sure they are stored on the external sdcard.
  2. Download, install and start the Meteos app for your specific ROM size and choose your desired Data partition size.
  3. Press "Reboot into Recovery" and choose "'Wipe data/Factory Reset" on CWM or Wipe internal storage on TWRP.
  4. Restore your backup.
  5. Profit.

Screenshot :
Screenshot_2014-03-03-17-33-121_zpse89f8e0d.png

Downloads :

Download the attached file and follow the instruction.​

Credits :
  • chinaphonearena
    [*]movilesdualsim
    [*]htcmania

Attachments

• Parition.txt
    479 bytes · Views: 4,433
Last edited:

autokrator

Jan 1, 2014
whoo.

There will be no problem right ?? any problems faced by anyone doing the same ?? if the phone gets bad it again go to the service center so just curious weather to reparation or not.

Thank you

I tried and it worked fine. now my primary storage is 2.46 gb.

here are the screenshots

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-03-11-22-33-58.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-11-22-33-58.png
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,482
  • Screenshot_2013-03-11-22-34-12.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-11-22-34-12.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,382
  • Screenshot_2013-03-11-22-34-17.png
    Screenshot_2013-03-11-22-34-17.png
    74.5 KB · Views: 1,357

virgoguy07

Nov 22, 2012
yar i only able to find metos 64 KB file the 4gb file u mention is not there on GDrive plz can u provide .......... and tell me in detail how many files i need 2 download from there

Last edited:

virgoguy07

Nov 22, 2012
yar i only able to find metos 64 KB file the 4gb file u mention is not there on GDrive plz can u provide .......... and tell me in detail how many files i need 2 download from there and will it work on Stock Rom

:crying:

autokrator

Jan 1, 2014
yar i only able to find metos 64 KB file the 4gb file u mention is not there on GDrive plz can u provide .......... and tell me in detail how many files i need 2 download from there and will it work on Stock Rom

:crying:

there s no 4 gb file, u just have to download a,small file 64 kb or something, just download thd apk file, the apk file is different for 4gb,8gb,16gb,32gb rom phones, if u are using a 4 gb rom phone, like our q700/q700i/q800, u have to dl meteos app for 4 gb rom,

and you only have to download one small file.

ravisghosh

Jul 14, 2011
not able to download the english version for 4gb phone. I downloaded the foreign language version. Here is it attached.

Attachments

• meteos-mtk6589-rom-edit-4gb-es.apk
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,039
Reactions: justlovejoy

ravisghosh

Jul 14, 2011
Noticed two major problem here.
After re-partitioning using the tool, when you go to the recovery and factory reset, it throws an error that it cannot umount emmc and then the phone is looked in boot, doesn't start at all. AFter this, you need to flash Q700i rom and start from scratch.

However, if you wipe Data, the phone does start but it still gives the error that it cannot umount emmc.

Any help here.

sachin.r.fulzele

May 29, 2013
Nagpur
It works perfectly bro, in recovery u jst have to factory reset only and reboot. Also, u must hv q700i stock rom installed.

Sent from my Q3000 using XDA Free mobile app

papul

Nov 29, 2011
I am also facing the problem of internal storage /emmc not mounting. In storage in android settings I only see sdcard. No internal storage option.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    App for repartitioning your phone's internal memory.
    Meteos MTK6589 ROM EDIT

This app will allow you to change your phone's data partition size.
    Since most people have a MicroSD card for storing their files on, the internal sdcard is just a waste of space and can be put to good use for storing apps.
    This app allows you to do so.

Requirements:
    Xolo Q700/Q700i
    Root access
    A custom recovery

YOU ARE DOING THIS ON YOUR OWN RISK
    (Although no serious harm can be done when correctly using this tool)

Instructions:
    1. Make a backup of your files in your recovery (if you want to preserve them) and make sure they are stored on the external sdcard.
    2. Download, install and start the Meteos app for your specific ROM size and choose your desired Data partition size.
    3. Press "Reboot into Recovery" and choose "'Wipe data/Factory Reset" on CWM or Wipe internal storage on TWRP.
    4. Restore your backup.
    5. Profit.

Screenshot :
    Screenshot_2014-03-03-17-33-121_zpse89f8e0d.png

Downloads :

Download the attached file and follow the instruction.​

Credits :
    • chinaphonearena
      [*]movilesdualsim
      [*]htcmania
    Usefull thread, Is it tested by You

thats a screenshot of my Xolo Q700
    not able to download the english version for 4gb phone. I downloaded the foreign language version. Here is it attached.