Skype in Ray without headset

Search This thread

Томица

Jul 8, 2011
Београд
Has anyone managed to make a video call over Skype from Ray without using headphones? I've been facing this problem ever since I got my Ray (4 months already) - looks like the speaker is too close to the mic, and that causes some strong feedback which in turn creates unbearable noise in the mic. Is there any solution to this? And has anyone experienced it at all?

I must note that when I use any headset (apart from original SE Bluetooth set, which is a different problem), the problem is of course gone, because there's no feedback in that case. Also, this problem only occurs on video calls, i.e. only when Loudspeaker is on. If I'm making audio-only call (that is, when sound comes from the earpiece on the phone and is silent enough not to reach the microphone), there is also no problem.

Last edited:

Azzbreaker

Feb 19, 2012
yea, have same thing on my ray. Its all about filters, we have it at our pc's for mic's, u know this noise options ... but i think its to hard for a phones ))

Короче не пруха )

quartzie

May 12, 2011
TPE
I made several Skype calls using the cam or speakerphone, no problems here.

Sent from my ST18i using XDA

quartzie

May 12, 2011
TPE
azz: this is actually trivial and modern phones do it every day. The Ray even has 2 mics on different places which are used to filter out noise from speech. I'm not sure why it doesn't work well on your Ray, though.

Sent from my ST18i using XDA

Томица

Jul 8, 2011
Београд
I think I have fixed this, thanks to replies of all of you guys. Try going to:
Code:
Settings > Sound
and turn off the xLOUD setting. I've tried it on three conversations this morning and it seems to be okay, but I'd like to know if you can improve your results too.

Last edited:

Azzbreaker

Feb 19, 2012
Ok lemme see. Iam still trying different rom's on my ray, since ibeats in miui not so perfect, iam taked repack from 4pda to check it and now can test with xloud too, coz in Miui u havent those options