[Theory] Desire HD getting official ICS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Misterowl

Okay its already been confirmed that the desire HD will be receiving Ice Cream Sandwich soon. Here is the thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1488915 . I came across a article on cnet that possible dates for HTC's Sensation 4G and Amaze 4G which is June 16th. Here is the article: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57...-for-t-mobile-devices-revealed/?tag=txt;title . So what I think is that if those phone are receiving the wonderful ICS at that time, So should Desire HD. Now this is all based on theory but We are that much closer.

If this thread is a waste of time feel free to say so, cause I'm new at this. The last thing I need is a bad rep. BUT LIKE I SAID THIS IS ALL THEORY. NOT OFFICIAL

I bid farewell and I love this community.

Misterowl

What i mean is that a number of HTC devices are receiving ICS soon. In theory like I said, since a bundle of devices are getting ICS, so should Desire HD. I'm not saying that we will be getting it at the same time but HTC seems to be giving ICS around that time. So we might be getting ICS very soon. ALL THIS IS THEORY LIKE I SAID. :3

TommUK

Feb 14, 2012
Essex
I doubt HTC are in Any Rush, The Phone has had It's day, even the development is dead on it, and many people are moving on to Newer phones, But it will probably be June or July time.

mr_makulit

Jan 31, 2011
Okay its already been confirmed that the desire HD will be receiving Ice Cream Sandwich soon. Here is the thread : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1488915 . I came across a article on cnet that possible dates for HTC's Sensation 4G and Amaze 4G which is June 16th. Here is the article: http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57...-for-t-mobile-devices-revealed/?tag=txt;title . So what I think is that if those phone are receiving the wonderful ICS at that time, So should Desire HD. Now this is all based on theory but We are that much closer.

If this thread is a waste of time feel free to say so, cause I'm new at this. The last thing I need is a bad rep. BUT LIKE I SAID THIS IS ALL THEORY. NOT OFFICIAL

I bid farewell and I love this community.

Reading the cnet link that you have shared, i think they are pertaining to those devices that aare locked (branded) with T-Mobile. Unbranded/unlocked devices always receive the updates first than the branded ones. So if the target dates are right and your theory is also correct, I would say that the unbranded devices will be recieving the updates a month or weeks earlier than june 16..

tamerg

Mar 2, 2011
I also think it will come in the next weeks, HTC's last act for our tremendous DHD.
Hope they want to cross that task from their ToDo early...

warningshot

Dec 10, 2010
While I certainly wish they bring out a official ICS port, I doubt it. Why would they bother? Everyone that would be dissapointed by missing official support already is.
Our Device is close to 18 months old and they are releasing new flagship devices right now.

Sharpmonkey

Mar 11, 2011
While I certainly wish they bring out a official ICS port, I doubt it. Why would they bother? Everyone that would be dissapointed by missing official support already is.
Our Device is close to 18 months old and they are releasing new flagship devices right now.

Because they have said they are releasing an official ICS port for DHD...:confused:

The OP provided links.

macfreaknl

Mar 16, 2010
It is starting to take forever.... They just keep delaying this until no one has a DHD anymore. So we can all go buy a new One X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is starting to take forever.... They just keep delaying this until no one has a DHD anymore. So we can all go buy a new One X

Just wait a little linger till June ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using xda premium
    Arnoud July 17th?

According to this article, Canadian telco Telius is targeting July 17th. Previously they said July 25th even, so they moved it forward.

My phone is unbranded, so could it be that I will get my ICS love in a week? :eek: