{Help}MSL Codes for Virgin Mobile Optimus Slider

Search This thread

rexxcastle

Jan 1, 2012
Hello i just recently got a new Optimus V Slider from Virgin. I have tried everything i know possible to get the MSL code out of this thing to no avail. I have tried the method that is used with the Reg Optimus V using CDMA Workshop and no matter what driver is used the workshop will not connect ot the com. I have also tried using getprop ril.MSL, all i get from that is a blank line.

Can someone please Help me get my MSL code.

rutter9

Dec 31, 2007
Just call tech support. Tell them you are a developer and need the code. If it doesn't work call back and get someone else.

sarcasmsiempre

Dec 25, 2010
This method works for the Motorola Triumph on VM, might be worth a try here.

1) Download aLogcat from the Market.
2) Press Menu and choose "Filter." Type in "SEC_CODE" without the quote marks.
3) Press Home. Go to your dialer and enter ##33284#.
4) You'll be prompted for your MSL. Enter 000000.
5) Now go back to aLogcat and the six-digit number showing after SEC_CODE: is your MSL.

rexxcastle

Jan 1, 2012
This method works for the Motorola Triumph on VM, might be worth a try here.

1) Download aLogcat from the Market.
2) Press Menu and choose "Filter." Type in "SEC_CODE" without the quote marks.
3) Press Home. Go to your dialer and enter ##33284#.
4) You'll be prompted for your MSL. Enter 000000.
5) Now go back to aLogcat and the six-digit number showing after SEC_CODE: is your MSL.

this method also does not currently work for the Slider.

Laserbeak43

May 1, 2010
Columbia
download alogcat 2.3 from market and follow those directions but instead of putting a filter just scroll up and you should see D/SpecialCharSequenceMgr( 304): MSL=000000

Hi, I'm trying this now, but it's hard to find it in all of this information logcat is outputting. is there a filter that i could set?

-edit-
just looked through the whole thing again after a reeboot(the log was shorter) and there's no instance of " D/SpecialCharSequenceMgr"

Last edited:

flipinfin

Dec 30, 2011
Hi, I'm trying this now, but it's hard to find it in all of this information logcat is outputting. is there a filter that i could set?

-edit-
just looked through the whole thing again after a reeboot(the log was shorter) and there's no instance of " D/SpecialCharSequenceMgr"

just type in msl in filter lol

Last edited:

PS4AndroidHacker

Jul 11, 2009
Dalton,Ohio
www.facebook.com
MSL code for Virgin Mobile LG Optimus Slider

just type in msl in filter lol

Just typing in MSL in the filter doesn't do squat. Ive tried it on my fiance's phone for the last two days and have got nothing.
Methods I've tried:
1. MSL Reader.apk- This was no-fu-go
2. Logcat.apk - Still havent seen anything pertinent on this app
3. Alogcat.apk - Havent seen any msl numbers or spc numbers.
4. Tried the usual 000000 when entering the MSL. - No-Fu-Go.
Tomorrow I am going to barage Virgin Mobile with phone calls and try to get the MSL for the phone and see how things go. I'm very doubtful they will give it up easily but I'll give it a try and let you all know how it goes. If anybody has any advice let me know please. I would greatly appreciate it and wouldnt mind donating beer money etc for a method that works. Lol. Any help greatly appreciated with this dumb smart phone lol.

[EDIT] I called Virgin Mobile and talked with Supervisors and their supervisors. They WILL NOT give out MSL codes for phones. You may have to contact the manufacturer of the phone in order to get the MSL for the phone. That's what they suggested to me. LOL! Virgin Mobile sucks ass!

Last edited:

VicFreeze

Aug 4, 2009
For what it is worth, you can get the MSL pretty easily, but it requires using a tool to read the phone while in diagnostic mode like CDMA Workshop