[Q] Formatted EVERYTHING, now how do I flash stuff? (xperia s)

Search This thread

IceQubed

Jun 25, 2014
Hi, using TWRP I formatted everything by using the format tool and ticking everything (wanted a clean slate for installing a new rom).

I can now only get into TWRP (vol- doesn't seem to do anything, vol+ gets me into TWRP). This means I can't flash using flashtool, so I will have to use TWRP's ADB sideload feature. However, my phone is not showing up on my PC when it is plugged in and on TWRP sideload. It is not showing in device manager, and obviously is not working from the ADB command line.

HELP!

Last edited:

IceQubed

Jun 25, 2014
Ok, in device manager when not in TWRP I've managed to get it to show up in device manager, listed under "Android Phone" as "Android ADB Interface". This is a start - however, this only works when the xperia s is showing the "sony" logo - i.e. when I reboot and don't press vol+, it stays on the "sony" loading screen forever. When I reboot into TWRP, the phone disappears from device manager, even when I'm running TWRP's ADB sideloader.

Clicking "mount" in TWRP does nothing either, so I can't transfer a ROM over by drag'n'drop.

So it shows up in ADB as offline when on the sony screen, and is completely noncommunicative when in TWRP. FFFFUUUUUU how will I ever get this working?

Basically, my only hope is probably ADB. The phone is either recognised but offline, or doesn't even show up in device manager let alone ADB.
HELP!

Last edited:

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
Ok, in device manager when not in TWRP I've managed to get it to show up in device manager, listed under "Android Phone" as "Android ADB Interface". This is a start - however, this only works when the xperia s is showing the "sony" logo - i.e. when I reboot and don't press vol+, it stays on the "sony" loading screen forever. When I reboot into TWRP, the phone disappears from device manager, even when I'm running TWRP's ADB sideloader.

Clicking "mount" in TWRP does nothing either, so I can't transfer a ROM over by drag'n'drop.

So it shows up in ADB as offline when on the sony screen, and is completely noncommunicative when in TWRP. FFFFUUUUUU how will I ever get this working?

Basically, my only hope is probably ADB. The phone is either recognised but offline, or doesn't even show up in device manager let alone ADB.
HELP!

Did You try flashing a stock firmware via fastboot? Or do You have an unlocked bootloader? While being in twrp, check all the devices in device manager, see if it is unrecognized or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: IceQubed

IceQubed

Jun 25, 2014
Did You try flashing a stock firmware via fastboot? Or do You have an unlocked bootloader? While being in twrp, check all the devices in device manager, see if it is unrecognized or something.

After about 4-5 hours of searching, flashing and mucking around with 100 different drivers, last night at 2AM I finally fixed it. I installed the google usb drivers manually, and found a device that was unrecognised hidden amongst the other usb devices. I was expecting the unknown device to be highlighted or have a big yellow question mark, it didn't- it had a very small one in the corner of the icon. I clicked update driver software, selected the google ADB driver and from then on the ADB sideload in TWRP worked. :laugh:

Mirhawk

Jan 31, 2014
After about 4-5 hours of searching, flashing and mucking around with 100 different drivers, last night at 2AM I finally fixed it. I installed the google usb drivers manually, and found a device that was unrecognised hidden amongst the other usb devices. I was expecting the unknown device to be highlighted or have a big yellow question mark, it didn't- it had a very small one in the corner of the icon. I clicked update driver software, selected the google ADB driver and from then on the ADB sideload in TWRP worked. :laugh:

Glad You got it solved, it is always the drivers issue!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HELP!